Is this Bad Parenting to you???

Yeah, he was pretty stupid. He left the little boy there crying; he didn't even look back. :(

Seems the Father lost all patience...and to kick the kid down the ramp?...That was wrong....In given time, the kid would have built up enough confidence to do it himself.

I remember when one of my sons got his Learner's Permit to drive...He would drive a few blocks only....and one day I said....let's go to the cornor store, which was about 1/2 mile down the road...and handed him the keys....he was too scared to do it.....

He said....and I'll quote him..."I'll do it one day...just give me time...it takes time"....He gave me a lesson in "patience".....

My daughter brought her step son to skateboard park in my city and he was too afraid to try a trick and an older boy was kind enough to help my daughter step son . Done of he bigger kids picked on him. That dad is a damn bully and I hope he is checked out by the child protective services .
If that dad is kicking his son in public I hate to know what is going at home.

I was obsessed with safety still am I tried to put my son in position never get hurt no skate bording,for my efforts he now do danger sports sent me pics frame by frame of parachute jump he go surfing cliff jumping etc.
this guy making a little boy man up and this not the way to do it

Possible child abuse video posted on Instagram

Channel 4 viewers flood newsroom with calls, emails

JACKSONVILLE, Fla -
The Channel 4 newsroom was flooded with calls referencing a video on Instagram video shot at a local skate park depicting an act of child abuse.

Calls started coming in overnight Friday about a video that was posted on Instagram, shared by the local Instagram group IgersJax, that showed a father pushing his young child off of a half pipe at Kona Skate Park.

When we called Kona Skate Park, we were told that the incident did happen at their park and they told the child who shot the video and his parents to call police and child services. They said they were first made aware of the incident Friday night at 11 p.m. '

Kona skatepark Martin Ramos has identified the man in the video as Marcus Crossland and his son, whose nickname around the park is "Dino the Dinosaur". He said Dino is among the best skaters and admits he was upset when he saw it.

John Harrell at the Department of Children and Families said no one has contacted them as of yet, but based on the description we gave him, they are interested in tracking down not only the father, but the child to make sure he is OK.

"We want to make sure these children are safe. We want to see if there's another concern within this hone. Certainly the video is disturbing," Harrell said.

We've reached out to Crossland for comment. As of now, we've not heard back.

Possible child abuse video posted on Instagram | News - Home

I not sure on this one as not seen before incident or after only one perpective on camera

Smh. He is bad dad for kicked his son and had no patient. His son is so younger and still learning how to trick with jump. His dad is wrong for done to him. He did remorseful for made mistake. Shamed on him. I felt sorry for little boy.

I not sure on this one as not seen before incident or after only one perpective on camera

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...ding-ramp-sparks-investigation-144243903.html

The boy is only 6 years old and was not prepared to go down the drop. The dad is being investigated by child protected services and the 13 yo boy that took the video was shock that the dad did that to his kid and if that boy thought it was wrong that is good enough for me to feel the same way.

This Skate Park "Kona", is the same one my son frequents time to time, very popular in my city. The boy. "Dino" is a very talented skateboarder at age 6....His father has been encouraging him, but all in all, pushing the boy too hard. This kid can do tricks that older kids cannot....

I do agree the Father went too far and all the boy needed was "more time" to make this 13-ft. jump. Even my 17 yr. old does not do this trick very often....

It's not that the Father abuses his son physically, even mentally...his Father was just all 'gung-ho'...trying to get his sons confidence and get over the fear of making this trick....Many fathers push their sons to excel in sports, whether it be football, basketball, etc., etc.

And BTW...my son came in 3rd at the contest, (it was posted on FB)...He's been skateboarding for years, and even tho' I worried about it, I did not prevent him from the Sport.

Feel sure the Father now realizes his mistake....and hopefully, will let his Son excel in this sport, taking his own time and gaining confidence without the pushing and shoving...This kid is very talented...and one to "watch" in the future.

these phone cameras take pic and often taken out of contex..the kid wants to skate bord i sure kids get broken bones doing that, so ask myself one shove from dad cause worldwide condemnation yet encouraging kids to do these tricks is it any worse

kid asks dad non stop dad buy all the skatebord kit takes kid to park even climbs the steps help kid..it possible dad got bit infuriated after doing all that and kid then whimps out..
my son climbed high slide then froze at the top with line of small kids behind him..i had to push kids out of the way climb up rescue him which i did by slinging him down slide..my own personal view was dad not abusing child

kid asks dad non stop dad buy all the skatebord kit takes kid to park even climbs the steps help kid..it possible dad got bit infuriated after doing all that and kid then whimps out..
my son climbed high slide then froze at the top with line of small kids behind him..i had to push kids out of the way climb up rescue him which i did by slinging him down slide..my own personal view was dad not abusing child

You're entitled to your feeling and I am to mind . I still feel the day went way too far when he kicked his son off the ramp . The kid was in not in the right frame of mind yet , I would love to see someone kick the dad the ramp when he was not ready to go down it and see how the dad would felt about it.

Back