Alternative to IP Relay

gtanner

Reaction score
If one of the reasons you liked and used IP relay was because it gave you a better interface (full screen monitor versus the single line display on your TTY phone), then you should look into ACCESS by NexTalk.

In addition to an IP Relay like interface, ACCESS gives you the ability to add additional people to the call and forward the call. ACCESS also gives you the option of saving the call when it's done. The call can be archived for reviewing later on and can even be printed out if you want.

Archiving is a great feature. If you had a conversation with the customer service agent at your bank and he/she committed to doing something for you, and didn't, it's no longer a case of he-said/she-said. You have the proof in the form of an archived text conversation.

Attachments

• ACCESS Text Call Page.jpg
    ACCESS Text Call Page.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 20
Can it be done in one window? I don't like divided windows. The other Nextalk company had that version too with the option of doing it in one window.

I may look into this service because I like text relays and the option of saving conversations. I'll give it a try.

Why don't you put the link to your site on your signature so that people know what site it is.

Hi Magna,

The screen can be single or split. If you double click on the screen, it will change to one window. You can also control this in the settings drop down menu, which allows you to choose between single screen or dual screen.

Thanks for the suggestion on including a site link.

Gary

www.nextalk.com

Can it be done in one window? I don't like divided windows. The other Nextalk company had that version too with the option of doing it in one window.

I may look into this service because I like text relays and the option of saving conversations. I'll give it a try.

Why don't you put the link to your site on your signature so that people know what site it is.

I thought that nextalk is ceased. No longer in service. It is now opened and operating now?

Macaws, NexTalk did not go out of business. Our program is called ACCESS. I think the program your thinking of is the NexTalk.net program (which was offered by a company called UR relay). We helped them with that program so there are some similarities (for now), but we are different companies.

We will be doing an update in February that will include a completely new look and feel to the software, as well as adding some new features.

Thanks

Gary

www.nextalk.com

I thought that nextalk is ceased. No longer in service. It is now opened and operating now?

gtanner,

What about Chromebox? Is your company working on an app so it can be used on Android an Chromebox/book?

gtanner,

What about Chromebox? Is your company working on an app so it can be used on Android an Chromebox/book?

Short answer....yes.

The initial launch of ACCESS is a windows based software solution. We have a very aggressive product development road map for the network. It includes expanding the software offerings to other operating systems and mobile versions.

I also want to clarify that the software can be installed on multiple devices. For example. A person singing up for the single license ACCESS Home edition could install the software on their office computer, home computer, home laptop, windows tablet and eventually, iOS, android or windows smart phones. However, they can only use one device at a time.

Short answer....yes.

The initial launch of ACCESS is a windows based software solution. We have a very aggressive product development road map for the network. It includes expanding the software offerings to other operating systems and mobile versions.

I also want to clarify that the software can be installed on multiple devices. For example. A person singing up for the single license ACCESS Home edition could install the software on their office computer, home computer, home laptop, windows tablet and eventually, iOS, android or windows smart phones. However, they can only use one device at a time.

Sounds interesting. I'll keep eye out for it till it's available for Android and Chromebox/book.

Thanks.

I too might be interested but it would have to be a functional app on android with the ability to change color and font size on screen. Also I do not want the app to take over my phone. I will enter the app and use it when I want it. It will not allow it to automatically intercept a a call when they come in or go out.

macawsdeaf - not right now. Today the software is windows based. We will be adding both iOS and Android versions in the future. I believe the kindle uses an Android operating system. So it will work on your kindle once we have that.

No, I am saying that right now our software is for Windows devices only. We will be adding Android in the future.

Back