i711 to be discontinued

:( Last day of Purple IP-Relay tonight.

We are sad to see let Purple IP-Relay go tonight

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Attachments

• 1416027222553.jpg
    1416027222553.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 14
Sprint claims the FCC did not ask to see the content of IP Relay calls. Did they really as
Purple to reveal contents? Are they lying?

If purple actually lying, then it is going to be damaging on their reputation. To me, it is very plausible that they are lying, as I do not think they are that strict when it comes to privacy. Know why? Based on my 6 years experience working inside VRS company, I have excellent idea how they should work, and I busted purple for not taking customers privacy seriously. How? Here is story, it is up to you to take my story or not but it is what happened to me. When I work for the Golden S, often customers asked me to get their password restored which I can not do that since system do not reveal or show me what their password were and I simply press reset and create temporary password for customer and encourage them to change password for their security reason... Fair? I bet you could agree with me. Okay, when I set up registration and account with Purple, had some issues with account set up and had two other reps involved totaled 3 on my call with them. When I couldn't recall my new password, I informed them that I can not log in my account... BAM! Two of them gave me my own password!!! I asked them how do they know my password? All three of them said its showing up on their screen. I was like WTF? This was beyond acceptable on password retrieval procedure. I just can't believe that Purple employee CAN see everybody's password which could help them defraud customers with other account... especially.... BANK Account! Mind you, I did file complaint because I do not feel that employee should have access to confidential information. This incident that I had with Purple helped me make my loyalty with Sorenson even stronger.

I have no idea about Z, since I am not crazy about them and don't want account with them at all. I have tested with ConvoRelay, and they passed with flying color.

As for Sprint, I am pretty sure most of employees working in their Relay department is hearing, not many Deafies work there and I believe their procedure is pretty much same as the rest of department within their company.

This is one of several reasons why I can't quit using Sorenson. Other reason why I love Sorenson is that they got largest customer base than any other providers, and their employees are very small, still and since with small number of employees with large crowd of customers, there is no way employee at Sorenson can breach customer's privacy (Actually fairly easy for company to bust them).

Purple, sorry about this... its the truth and its up to you to fix these issues. Also SmartVP 1.0 really sucks especially when it comes to type of remote control used, why in the world are you (Purple) using RF (Radio Frequency) instead of IR (Infrared Ray). I will see what SmartVP 2.0 has to offer especially with remote control. For those who don't understand two types of remote controls used nowadays. For instance Sorenson used IR type remote control meaning it can NOT be used from just anywhere in the house, it has to point at the camera with clear view path in order to give commands on other hand with RF which remote control can be used practically from anywhere in the house, like in other room and that is BAD, BAD, really BAD idea! cause I am sick of my dogs pressing buttons causing SmartVP to respond regardless. Other thing I don't like about Purple is when customer have complaint, want to file with Purple, guess what? Everybody inside the company can read these complaint which is bad idea too, what if customer has complaint about particular employee, that employee can intercept and destroy these e mail before others can read it. I confirmed it, sorry Purple! Unlike Sorenson, that got specific E mail for complaints which is VRScomments@sorenson.com, only two employees has access to that mailbox, their job is to direct these email to right manager.

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=2375677&postcount=21

Uh-oh, that's why Greg from FCC wants to know what the relay calls are about, even though he violates privacy act. Purple failed to verify the users that they are deaf.

Post #63 by dkf747 shows that Sprint didn't get the letter regarding disclosing the contents of the calls because Sprint obviously does a good job of user verifications.

In other words, Purple closed the IP-Relay business because they didn't do a good job of user verifications. Too many fake addresses (possibly a fraud). So Greg wants proof that Purple would have to provide that those calls were made by DEAF people with real addresses.

even Sprint hasn't asked/verified my deafness (as far as I know). Right now I'm still verifying my identity and address.

even Sprint hasn't asked/verified my deafness (as far as I know). Right now I'm still verifying my identity and address.
That means that you are not a registered user yet? If so, why not? See, they are still processing to verify that you are deaf. It doesn't matter if or not they ask you whether you are deaf or not because you can lie. The only way they find out that you are really deaf is public records such as IRS, etc. Did you provide your SSN? SSN identifies who you are. And they make sure your SSN matches your address. They can get all info from the central database to verify who you are.

I'm now officially verified, and again no questions asked about my deafness. They just only verified my identity and address. if they verified my deafness, that was behind closed doors.

Sprint has required strict rules for verification such as driver license and utility bill which it proves physical address by FCC. I gave these driver license and utility to Sprint. After that, they verified my address during my registration. I am patiently waiting for email about porting request. It takes longer because there are their registration increases right now.

I've decided not to bother with the porting request. I'll just take the new numbers (one for my computer, and one for mobile).

If purple actually lying, then it is going to be damaging on their reputation. To me, it is very plausible that they are lying, as I do not think they are that strict when it comes to privacy. Know why? Based on my 6 years experience working inside VRS company, I have excellent idea how they should work, and I busted purple for not taking customers privacy seriously. How? Here is story, it is up to you to take my story or not but it is what happened to me. When I work for the Golden S, often customers asked me to get their password restored which I can not do that since system do not reveal or show me what their password were and I simply press reset and create temporary password for customer and encourage them to change password for their security reason... Fair? I bet you could agree with me. Okay, when I set up registration and account with Purple, had some issues with account set up and had two other reps involved totaled 3 on my call with them. When I couldn't recall my new password, I informed them that I can not log in my account... BAM! Two of them gave me my own password!!! I asked them how do they know my password? All three of them said its showing up on their screen. I was like WTF? This was beyond acceptable on password retrieval procedure. I just can't believe that Purple employee CAN see everybody's password which could help them defraud customers with other account... especially.... BANK Account! Mind you, I did file complaint because I do not feel that employee should have access to confidential information. This incident that I had with Purple helped me make my loyalty with Sorenson even stronger.

I have no idea about Z, since I am not crazy about them and don't want account with them at all. I have tested with ConvoRelay, and they passed with flying color.

As for Sprint, I am pretty sure most of employees working in their Relay department is hearing, not many Deafies work there and I believe their procedure is pretty much same as the rest of department within their company.

This is one of several reasons why I can't quit using Sorenson. Other reason why I love Sorenson is that they got largest customer base than any other providers, and their employees are very small, still and since with small number of employees with large crowd of customers, there is no way employee at Sorenson can breach customer's privacy (Actually fairly easy for company to bust them).

Purple, sorry about this... its the truth and its up to you to fix these issues. Also SmartVP 1.0 really sucks especially when it comes to type of remote control used, why in the world are you (Purple) using RF (Radio Frequency) instead of IR (Infrared Ray). I will see what SmartVP 2.0 has to offer especially with remote control. For those who don't understand two types of remote controls used nowadays. For instance Sorenson used IR type remote control meaning it can NOT be used from just anywhere in the house, it has to point at the camera with clear view path in order to give commands on other hand with RF which remote control can be used practically from anywhere in the house, like in other room and that is BAD, BAD, really BAD idea! cause I am sick of my dogs pressing buttons causing SmartVP to respond regardless. Other thing I don't like about Purple is when customer have complaint, want to file with Purple, guess what? Everybody inside the company can read these complaint which is bad idea too, what if customer has complaint about particular employee, that employee can intercept and destroy these e mail before others can read it. I confirmed it, sorry Purple! Unlike Sorenson, that got specific E mail for complaints which is VRScomments@sorenson.com, only two employees has access to that mailbox, their job is to direct these email to right manager.

I believe you. I have had them give me my password before. Also, the installer, wanted my Sorenson password to transfer address book. I changed it after that, though.

The Sprint Relay business group includes a very large percentage of deaf individuals, starting with Mike Ellis, the National Director for Sprint Relay.

I'm now officially verified, and again no questions asked about my deafness. They just only verified my identity and address. if they verified my deafness, that was behind closed doors.

When you sign up for an account with Sprint, you have to "self-certify" that you're deaf. On the signup page, there's a checkbox that says:

I certify that I am eligible to receive a 10-digit relay number because I am deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability.

I had contacted customers service about my registration. They strictly asked me some questions. It looks like they pulled credit report and looked at it for my identity. I answered their questions for them and had passed verification. Whew. I got 2 new 10 digits phone numbers for both Sprintip website and Sprint mobile IP app.

I used to i711 site but, closed due to effect Nov. 14. I signed up Sprint IP relay register. copy my driver license and proof of my utility bill and then, I received email from Sprint IP relay.

Hi xxxxx,

We did receive your utility bill.

Sprint Relay Customer service has received your information to begin the verification process to obtain access to Sprint IP relay.

As required by the FCC and to further verify your identification, please contact Sprint Relay Customer Service through www.sprintip.com and click on the link “Need Help?” or call 800–676-3777. A representative will be available Monday-Friday from 6am – 11pm CT. you will be asked a series of questions to help verify your identity.

Sprint has received a large number of requests and we appreciate your patience.

Patty

Sprint Relay Customer Service
relayuserregistration@sprint.com

I think it will take longer forever to approve... ugh!

I used to i711 site but, closed due to effect Nov. 14. I signed up Sprint IP relay register. copy my driver license and proof of my utility bill and then, I received email from Sprint IP relay.

I think it will take longer forever to approve... ugh!

You will contact them and tell them you already sent these documents to them. They will ask you some questions on your verification. If you will pass on your verification, they will give you 10 digits phone numbers for Sprint IP website or mobile Sprint IP app either. It won't take longer for you like I did.

How i do port my Purple number to Sprint? I applied on the registration form without port, they rejected me that i cannot use someone else's name on utility bill who i lived with. I'm out of luck... :(

How i do port my Purple number to Sprint? I applied on the registration form without port, they rejected me that i cannot use someone else's name on utility bill who i lived with. I'm out of luck... :(

Do you have any bills under your own name you are responsible for? That's what they want-- your name on a bill. It's to show you are who you say you are. If you don't have a bill you are responsible for, what about a rental agreement or something?

Back