Auto address book update

gtanner

Reaction score
Morning.

I found out something over the weekend that I think this is very cool. You may not. You might think I'm just being weird...but here is what I found out.

I was talking to one of our software engineers over the weekend and he told me that the phone book on ACCESS automatically pushes updated contact information out to other users who have me in their phone book.

With a program like outlook, If i change my address or email address or one of my phone numbers, I have to tell everyone and ask them to update their address books. With ACCESS, as soon as I go into my profile settings and update my contact information, that gets sent to the server, which pushes it out to anyone who has added me as a contact in their personal phone book.

I think that is pretty cool.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Gary
ACCESS ID: gtanner

www.nextalk.com

So that would mean if you no longer are talking to a person and want to change your phone # that person would still get your new phone number.

So that would mean if you no longer are talking to a person and want to change your phone # that person would still get your new phone number.

Great point. I am having the software engineer add a feature that will allow you to control who the information gets pushed to.

Great point. I am having the software engineer add a feature that will allow you to control who the information gets pushed to.

Yeah , you don't want your personal info getting send to some weirdo and having them calling you at all odd hours .

Back