Feedback on Z5 Max?

How can i contact to scscomp2014? I need their email.

Specification of Z5 computer

I got it. It's junk. It's completely locked down but it's a window 8 os and I can't access any of the control panel so I have no idea what data it is our isn't sending. It has a web browser and no way to install any anti virus or security software. I packed it up and out it in box in garage. Back to Sorenson. Get the z20. Much better option

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hi there!

I can recover the window 8 passwords using the window PE password rescuer. It will work on Window 8 and older. I rescued my friend's laptop window vista two nights ago. It worked. Im not sure if I can rescue the BIO password, so I would like to request an specification of your computer and then I will do resesarch or contact the vendor on how to rescue the password. I will find out if u can be the original owner or if ZVRS is the orignal owner of the computer.

Thank you for telling me about the ZVRS Max. It's too bad that it cannot be installed with an anti-virus software. That is so odd.

Perhaps, it's ZVRS's job to take care the anti-virus for all Max automatically. Actually, I am a Mac OS X user.

Well, I still have my VPAD in the basement. I believe that VPAD is owned by Purple, and I am sure that I own it now because Viable Company is gone.

Hi there!

I can recover the window 8 passwords using the window PE password rescuer. It will work on Window 8 and older. I rescued my friend's laptop window vista two nights ago. It worked. Im not sure if I can rescue the BIO password, so I would like to request an specification of your computer and then I will do resesarch or contact the vendor on how to rescue the password. I will find out if u can be the original owner or if ZVRS is the orignal owner of the computer.

pm me for detail or email me too ok i dotn think so becuase bios chip in lenovo machine use 32bit chipset required software hack tools machine c460 and b40-30 models on lenovo all in one pc i owned b40-30 version

I just got ZMax couple days ago. I like it and I read your posting.. About Antivirus software. I'm not going to bother with it. Maybe use Chrome antivirus plug in??? if they have it. Also There are WiFi built in. I wanted to use it but Z Tech said that the Z Company locked it out because of concern about quality of wireless affecting VP. They want smoothest VP as possible. I have Linksys EA3500 and it's a A/B/G/N wireless Router (5GHz and 2.4 Ghz). I believe Lenovo have N Wireless adapter and it should be fine with my router. I was kinda tempt to hack ZMax in order to enable Wireless. I am currently using Wireless Bridge (old Wireless B/G Dlink Bridge Both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz). It works really well and don't have quality issue. I placed it in Kitchen where it have built-in desktop next to countertop and Router is only 15 ft away and reception is very strong.

So...

Lenovo B40-30
4GB RAM
1TB hdd
Win 8.1
Firefly flasher (I have two pairs, One pair was supposed to be used for my laptop but laptop broke down) 2nd Firefly currently used on Lenovo

So are there any special key function to bypass Z and get into Windows 8.1 and hack Parental Control?? I wanna Wifi back on.. Less wire mess behind computer..
BIOS hack.. I can do that..

Catty

I just got ZMax couple days ago. I like it and I read your posting.. About Antivirus software. I'm not going to bother with it. Maybe use Chrome antivirus plug in??? if they have it. Also There are WiFi built in. I wanted to use it but Z Tech said that the Z Company locked it out because of concern about quality of wireless affecting VP. They want smoothest VP as possible. I have Linksys EA3500 and it's a A/B/G/N wireless Router (5GHz and 2.4 Ghz). I believe Lenovo have N Wireless adapter and it should be fine with my router. I was kinda tempt to hack ZMax in order to enable Wireless. I am currently using Wireless Bridge (old Wireless B/G Dlink Bridge Both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz). It works really well and don't have quality issue. I placed it in Kitchen where it have built-in desktop next to countertop and Router is only 15 ft away and reception is very strong.

Can do the manual setup with Wi-Fi by add SSID and password. However, I find it lacks at range unlike iPad can. It would be better to have wireless bridge. Wise choice.

No way to hack it that I'm aware of. It is also locked down at the BIOS level. Mine speed back to ZVRS.

Why you think it's stupid? It's perfect idea for anti-thief. And Supervisor SHOULD know better about security and always write down the list of user,pw,devices, etc like I do.

Well suppose in next 3 or 4 years, Zmax would be old and out of contract means can own it. So that's why need to reset BIOS in order to use Lenovo B40-30 for personal use. So it won't be a waste after contract over. Just make it useful on remaining life as recycled PC.

It's have nothing to do with anti-thief... Have to do with Z preventing anyone from owning up ZMax for personal use. I would support that.

If Z give out Supervisor password after contract expired, then that's great. IF not then that's a waste letting perfectly good touch screen PC sitting in dark corner unused.

I read somewhere that some BIOS without jumpers can be resetted by CDrom or physically jump on BIOS chipset lead. One demonstrated that one guy use BIOS flasher tool and connect to one of RAM memory slot lead and BIOS lead and run the BIOS flasher tool (did that in University resetting IBM (Lenovo)Thinkpad laptop.

you can even purchase pre-flashed BIOS chipset and unsolder then pull out chipset and replace it with new one. Cheap in Ebay. But I checked recently and it's not on market for B40-30 model.

Last thing, unplug Sata cable and switch to other HD drive then plug in and plug USB thumbdrive to USB to boot it to install Linux. It won't hurt at all.

Catty

Can do the manual setup with Wi-Fi by add SSID and password. However, I find it lacks at range unlike iPad can. It would be better to have wireless bridge. Wise choice.

Yes, I am fully aware of it. I just want less clutter behind. Z could have done better job by swapping out WiFi card for higher quality one. So what's the difference between Wifi Card and Wireless Bridge, both works the same way. Quality have to do with it.

I can give you example.. I was invited to go over to friend's house bringing laptop so everyone can log in website and sign in sponsor and submit as many support as we can for Deaf NASCAR driver. (forgot his name). One guy had hard time getting his laptop stay connect to Wifi which was just 10 feet from us. I have full signal and he have 1 bar. He had settings correctly configured as I saw but still weak. I told him that it's a lousy wifi card. He agreed. I told him that he can buy better one in Ebay and swap it then install driver in it. It'll be lot better.

I worked with lot of laptops. I have seen quality of wifi card. I decide to swap lousy one for better wifi card coming from other broken laptop. I saw big improvements on signal reception. My client was very happy with it. Router brands can play role on quality of signal. Even with perfectly good wifi card you have and still get 2 or 3 bars signal and router only few feets from it. Then pin blame on Router.

Often Wireless B and G which are very old and doesn't go that far while A and N can go that far. A and N get best receptions. So you'll have to play around with different routers (if you're a VP installer, you'll know)

I experimented with several different Wireless Bridge in past when I was ZInstaller. I found out that Dlink at that time was the best bridge even it's complicated to configure. Why Dlink? Because it boots up 30 seconds and ready to use while Z20 still booting up after power plug unplug/plug reset. So Z20 will quickly connect and go online.

While other Wireless bridge of different brands, I forgot what name it was and it is small and when you first use Bridge, you simply run browser and it'll go to bridge setup first thing. After that, Bridge connects to Wifi and it's ready to use afterward, browser will not go into Bridge setup afterward. It was the easiest bridge to setup BUT one bad part is that it boot up and ready to use in 3 MIN!!!!! Too Slowww!!!! It sucks! returned to store and refunded. Because customer have no patience and suppose power outage, that's going to be an issue with Z20 which takes time to finally connect online.

Other bridge easy to set up but it's funky so returned to store for refund.

I ended up with Dlink as best option

Rule of thumb for Wireless Bridge:

1- It must boot up and ready to use within 30 seconds
2- It must be able to handle heavy internet load
3-It must not crash over the time (sitting idle for long time)
4-It must stay connected wirelessly to router without getting funky or disconnected for no reason. It must be reliable.

Dlink Wireless bridge passed my rule of thumb. My Dlink Bridge is old but it's amazing that it stubbornly stay connected unless there's power outage. I use 2.4GHz instead of 5Ghz because 5Ghz seem weak even it's 20 ft away and it get a little funky. 2.4Ghz goes long way and no issues.

Now ZMax is using old Dlink for good reliable wifi connection. NO choppy or freeze up video.. I think ZMax actually have Wireless N card and it should works the same way to keep behind uncluttered. I wish I can hack into setting to turn it on to do away with Wireless Bridge.

Catty

qqqq's

What kind of setup does Z and many other business that restricts users. I don't think it's parental control.. It look more like User Access Control (UAC)or some sort of program in Windows or 3rd party that they set up and locks only for certain use. I did go into Control Panel in ZMax but cannot access settings (wifi). whenever I clicks, it won't pop to next window. What setting or program that they are using?? I just want to look for a way to bypass that or hack into it.

qqqq's

What kind of setup does Z and many other business that restricts users. I don't think it's parental control.. It look more like User Access Control (UAC)or some sort of program in Windows or 3rd party that they set up and locks only for certain use. I did go into Control Panel in ZMax but cannot access settings (wifi). whenever I clicks, it won't pop to next window. What setting or program that they are using?? I just want to look for a way to bypass that or hack into it.

My good friend hacked it already and he said BIOS and 3rd party software are same password. Good job ZVRS.

My wife got one of these and would like to be able to add a network printer, but it is locked down. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My wife got one of these and would like to be able to add a network printer, but it is locked down. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
It's not going to happen unless you have the system password. I sent mine back to Z because there was no way I could run my own anti virus/spyware on it.

Why you think it's stupid? It's perfect idea for anti-thief. And Supervisor SHOULD know better about security and always write down the list of user,pw,devices, etc like I do.

yeah unless they understand how the computer and software work.

Hmm. Sounds like I need to do some fun stuff with it whenever I get mine... no idea when I'll get mine.

I'm going through the process of acquiring the Z5.

Seems if you currently have the Z-20, you will not be able to upgrade to either the Z5 Max or the new ZVRS VP that they're telling me about now.

What the VP is, I'm not sure, but they said it was a Cisco system... I'll try to get more details on this when I call back tomorrow.

Back