Got son? Read before you decide...

PowerON

Reaction score
The page presents information that most parents are not aware of at the time they make the circumcision decision. Doctors usually do not provide this information.

http://www.cirp.org/pages/anat/

already done, wish I didnt have mine... pain in the ass and useless skin.

I had my son circumcision when he was a baby. The doctor had asked me if I wanted it done for my son. He was my first born baby (only child). I think I talked with my husband (ex-husband) at the time about it and we decided to have it done for him. It was much easier to have it clean and not have to worry about infection if we could not keep it clean. That was my decision.

I told my DR. if I had a baby boy I do not want him cut . My mom said a Rabbi circumcision her son and he got an infection , so there was no way I wanted a my baby circumcision if he was a boy , I had a girl . :D

I told my DR. if I had a baby boy I do not want him cut . My mom said a Rabbi circumcision her son and he got an infection , so there was no way I wanted a my baby circumcision if he was a boy , I had a girl . :D

Why the Rabbi? He was not a doctor. He must had not used clean equipment to work on getting her son circumcision. This should be handle by the doctor, not someone like midwife or any regular person like the Rabbi or Priest. That is way out of their league. :(

Why the Rabbi? He was not a doctor. He must had not used clean equipment to work on getting her son circumcision. This should be handle by the doctor, not someone like midwife or any regular person like the Rabbi or Priest. That is way out of their league. :(

In the Jewish faith there is a special ceremony called a Bris performed by a Rabbi or Mohel, They are trained for this circumcision. Like anything else in life things do sometimes go wrong.

doctors made mistake all the time . I had a client and her doctor said he had to cut off her foot and thank goodness my client looked at the name on the
medical report b/c it was not her name . If my client had Alzheimer or dementia she may of had a her foot cut off for no reason. Man you're so dead wrong you have no idea what you're talking. And you mean to tell a Native American medicine man never made a mistake ???

doctors made mistake all the time . I had a client and her doctor said he had to cut off her foot and thank goodness my client looked at the name on the
medical report b/c it was not her name . If my client had Alzheimer or dementia she may of had a her foot cut off for no reason. Man you're so dead wrong you have no idea what you're talking. And you mean to tell a Native American medicine man never made a mistake ???

That is true that Medicine person/Shaman (man or woman) were not perfect in diagnostic or treating Native person. It is now hard to find Medicine person or Shaman to give us right medicines that came from plants and trees to make us feel better. They also performed praying and using ritual tools to try to cure us. It is our health.

I don't remember knowing if the medicine person or shaman do the circumcision for the baby boys or very young boys. It was never known to perform that. I would have to ask if I get to see the Medicine person or Shaman about it. If I am lucky to find one that knows how to treat people with special medicines.

Also you are right that doctors are not Gods. They are much humans as we are. No one is perfect. That is true. :cool2:

That is true that Medicine person/Shaman (man or woman) were not perfect in diagnostic or treating Native person. It is now hard to find Medicine person or Shaman to give us right medicines that came from plants and trees to make us feel better. They also performed praying and using ritual tools to try to cure us. It is our health.

I don't remember knowing if the medicine person or shaman do the circumcision for the baby boys or very young boys. It was never known to perform that. I would have to ask if I get to see the Medicine person or Shaman about it. If I am lucky to find one that knows how to treat people with special medicines.

Also you are right that doctors are not Gods. They are much humans as we are. No one is perfect. That is true. :cool2:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Native_Americans_practice_circumcision

This web site said Native American did not circumcision their baby boys.

As a preface I am not a Doctor, Surgeon, Medical professional or well anything that could be construed as an expert on the topic. My only experience is with mine and my sons.

Hmm is this too much information perhaps however, as a person who is circumcised I factually agree with the argument not to circumcise. I ascribe to the logic if its not broke dont fix it.

This does not change the fact that this is a deeply personal and difficult decision that in a perfect worl it would be deferred until the male in question could make their own informed decision. If a male is circumcised he may want a "tradition" to continue, personally not having my son circumcised felt like admitting my parent made a mistake in regards to my well being.

Give people the resources they need to make a decision. Don't chastise them for what you may believe is a poor decision. One of the hallmarks of the human experiance is making mistakes, living through them, observing them, watching people make them and helping yourself and others put the pieces of their mistakes back together.

In closing my opinion doesn't really matter.

Back