What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will put my problem here cos i learnt this today and would a mod maybe put it in right place.
my daughter many years ago had mallone operation,not done in uk anymore but is in the states..she only person in uk who got it and it gone very wrong,the surgon never seen it and we all reaseaching it see what to do...if anyone in states got this please pm me,i desperate....i learn dr.s dont know everything

Today I learned that the contractor bought the wrong faucet for my kitchen. I will be buying a different one ASAP.

Today I learnt that being deaf or hard of hearing has nothing to do with how much I can hear! It has to do with how I identify myself.
I am a person with a hearing difficulty. You can take the time to know me & accept me as I am or you can reject me to your loss. Some days it may hurt but mostly I know who I am and those who love me for what I am.

how to cook decent curry and ducks are greedy little birds

Learned late last night that my friend in NC...her sister died of cancer..and all of her family has passed on (her sister was the last 1)...Her daughter was killed by a drunk driver...her son was murdered...her parents died of old age...list goes on and on....She's been thru a hell of a lot!...Wishing she would move here to Florida to be closer to me, since she's alone except for a few friends.

I don't think I really learned anything today...

Nope, nope...didn't learn a thing...or maybe I did but it went over my head?? That's always a possibility. LOL

I learned that the hearing aid in my left ear helps me even less than I thought it did. Put them in this morning at about 9 am, just took them out to go to bed, it's now 1:44, so I had them in for almost 16 hours. There was no battery in the left one, at all, all day. I didn't even notice lol. Awesome, that was 2k well spent :eek3:

I can hear thunder literally above me without having my CI on! Either way, that WAS close! If you're near lightning close enough, you can feel your hairs stand on end! Looks like the internal CI component got through it unscathed too!

I can hear thunder literally above me without having my CI on! Either way, that WAS close! If you're near lightning close enough, you can feel your hairs stand on end! Looks like the internal CI component got through it unscathed too!

If I say I hear thunder, then it's probably too late to take cover. :giggle:
I can only hear it if the storm is right over the house.

What are Polly Pockets?....

They are nifty little pocket sized cases that are that open with tiny little dolls that are inside. The cases doubled as the setting for the doll (house.. gem filled casle.. school.. etc). They don't make that kind anymore though. Apparently haven't for a long time and I was just under a rock. lol

i learnt that teling people what i want to talk about Before filming a docu is always bad..it affects the freshness grrrr... i just from now on, say iwant to film you about ...in 4 words , and then say WHEN ? and that's it...
fucking people sometimes censor themsevles too much, it piss me off, i want raw authetic emotions and thoughts...
now ive really learnt that...
oh well but I can always doctor up shit in the post-production...
and learning about other member's names are fun too

Wirelessly posted

I learned i am NOT a baker, so for my moms birthday tomorrow i bought her many reeses peanut butter cups along with her gifts!!!! :P

Wirelessly posted

I learned i am NOT a baker, so for my moms birthday tomorrow i bought her many reeses peanut butter cups along with her gifts!!!! :P

:hmm: My favorite candy! I will adopt you...

i learnt that teling people what i want to talk about Before filming a docu is always bad..it affects the freshness grrrr... i just from now on, say iwant to film you about ...in 4 words , and then say WHEN ? and that's it...
fucking people sometimes censor themsevles too much, it piss me off, i want raw authetic emotions and thoughts...
now ive really learnt that...
oh well but I can always doctor up shit in the post-production...
and learning about other member's names are fun too

Initially, discreetly film them anyway, then have them sign a release immediately after, that's the only way to get genuine reaction.

I've learned that I've forgotten how to do algebra... So retaking Elementary Algebra at college next semester (if I do indeed go back to school) most definitely will not be a bad idea at all. .... wow.

I learned that police killed an over 100 pounds mountain lion within the city here.

i will put my problem here cos i learnt this today and would a mod maybe put it in right place.
my daughter many years ago had mallone operation,not done in uk anymore but is in the states..she only person in uk who got it and it gone very wrong,the surgon never seen it and we all reaseaching it see what to do...if anyone in states got this please pm me,i desperate....i learn dr.s dont know everything

caz....perhaps starting a "new thread" might get you some input on this....do you need any help beginning a new thread?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back