Are you a leftie or a rightie?

They call me leftie but I'm rightie.. or more of ambidextrous. I only use left hand with writing on paper or use fork, and everything else is right hand, if I use white board, I use my right hand. I'm right handed sign, I throw ball with right hand..I mean everything.

I'm genius...yeah..

haha! me too!

I dunno. I think it worked out differently. I have a photographic memory, so unless I actually SEE it, my brain tosses it out my other ear.

That's pretty much how I am and I've been a leftie all my life. I can recall events most peope don't even remember. My problem though is my short term memory is crap.

Kind of ambidextrous, it depends on the day and what I'm doing.
I'm a lefty in sports but a righty when drawing or painting.
when handling small objects like tiny screws in a computer I'm a lefty, when putting together larger items like a shelf I'm a righty.

When I reach for things it's random which hand pops out.

Conservatively, I'm a rightie in many things but I make liberal use of my left hand to use the mouse whenever I'm on the computer. Oh, I bat left and right, too.

You is a switch hitter. :laugh2:

(jest playin)

Im leftie for writing and signing but in sports I use more right than left. I heard that if your a leftie, you think right but if you use right hand you think left!!! So that means I use both parts of brains!!:D

That's pretty much how I am and I've been a leftie all my life. I can recall events most peope don't even remember. My problem though is my short term memory is crap.

ditto! what do you think is up with that???

Right to write and Left for Snowboarding, Archery, Shooting, etc. Both for batting.

Left handed, left eyed, left footed.

Yes, I had problems in school.

Yes I got an "F" for everything I wrote left handed.

Yes, my face was slapped, my butt was spanked with a leather belt that had holes in it, and my left hand was given the ruler, for being left handed.

Yes, they did try to tie my hand behind my back.

One teacher told me I was only using my left hand because I wanted to "be different" than everyone else, another told me it was evil to be left handed because the devil and all of his minions were left handed.

This was in public school.

To this day I have issues with authority. I am convinced much of it is because of growing up left handed.

Left handed, left eyed, left footed.

Yes, I had problems in school.

Yes I got an "F" for everything I wrote left handed.

Yes, my face was slapped, my butt was spanked with a leather belt that had holes in it, and my left hand was given the ruler, for being left handed.

Yes, they did try to tie my hand behind my back.

One teacher told me I was only using my left hand because I wanted to "be different" than everyone else, another told me it was evil to be left handed because the devil and all of his minions were left handed.

This was in public school.

To this day I have issues with authority. I am convinced much of it is because of growing up left handed.

It truly amazes me what people do in ignorance based on assumptions which have either been passed down from generation to generation or don't add up in that person's mind. :-( I never experienced that stuff but I do remember the rumors and the bits of lies which had been passed down through the years that even kids in a modern society seemed to want to reiterate because they didn't want to lose the grains of ignorance passed to them by their parents. :-(

ditto! what do you think is up with that???

Don't know, but I never had to have notes in high school. While everyone else was writing down the formulas, I could pull up EVERYTHING the teacher had written on the board (all the way to the start of the year).

It truly amazes me what people do in ignorance based on assumptions which have either been passed down from generation to generation or don't add up in that person's mind. :-( I never experienced that stuff but I do remember the rumors and the bits of lies which had been passed down through the years that even kids in a modern society seemed to want to reiterate because they didn't want to lose the grains of ignorance passed to them by their parents. :-(

Gotta love the bolded part.

I can't remember dates, or things like the names of streets, or addresses. But when I went back to San Francisco I was able to walk to the apartment house my mother and I had lived in almost 60 years before.

Don't know, but I never had to have notes in high school. While everyone else was writing down the formulas, I could pull up EVERYTHING the teacher had written on the board (all the way to the start of the year).

i did the same thing! except i only remembered about half of it

I use my right because my left feels a little weird, but technically I can use either one. I can write with both too, but I just prefer to use my right.

Back