Tx.: Woman Fries/Eats Pet Goldfish After Fight w/Husband

rockin'robin

Reaction score
PASADENA, Texas — Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them.

Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed. The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.

Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says the man reported on Saturday that the woman took the goldfish from his apartment.

Mitchell says the two argued earlier about some jewelry the man had given her but took back. She wanted the jewelry returned.

Officers who were dispatched to the woman's home arrived to find four fried goldfish on a plate. The woman said she already ate the other three.

Houston Woman Fries and Eats Pet Goldfish After Fight With Husband - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Kind of funny in a funny kind of way.....but if it were my fish!....Strange, it doesn't come under "animal abuse"? Guess not!
Bet that man loved those fish...had a friend who loved his more than anything else, and he cried when one of 'em died.

Whenever I come home, my fish swim right up to the front of the tank....(I'm wanting to believe they are saying "Welcome home! I missed ya"!)....and not trying to say "Feed Me"! I do love'em....and if somebody fried & ate my fish becuz they were mad at me....I'd take them out to the middle of the ocean and throw them in without a life vest!

Kind of funny in a funny kind of way.....but if it were my fish!....Strange, it doesn't come under "animal abuse"? Guess not!
Bet that man loved those fish...had a friend who loved his more than anything else, and he cried when one of 'em died.

Whenever I come home, my fish swim right up to the front of the tank....(I'm wanting to believe they are saying "Welcome home! I missed ya"!)....and not trying to say "Feed Me"! I do love'em....and if somebody fried & ate my fish becuz they were mad at me....I'd take them out to the middle of the ocean and throw them in without a life vest!

Animal cruelty laws don't tend to cover fish, reptiles, invertebrates or rodents for some reason in North America. I don't know why.

At least Germany got animal cruelty laws protecting all the above.

Not mention on what she think of fries fish? Is that good?

Not mention on what she think of fries fish? Is that good?

You mean "fried fish"?...I've ate fried fish before but not fried goldfish, or someone's pet fish.
I'd rather bake my fish than fry them.

The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.

Love the tone of this article. The author has a good sense of humor. :laugh2:

Dont worry. The fish is in the same family as the Common Carp.

Very bony, and does not taste very well. Bottom feeders too.

That is weird.............but at least she didn't microwave his dog or cat and eat it.

The way I see it, the lady knew he loved those fish...probably more than her! Revenge most likely.....

Animal cruelty laws don't tend to cover fish, reptiles, invertebrates or rodents for some reason in North America. I don't know why.

At least Germany got animal cruelty laws protecting all the above.

We don't really protect animals that we see as food to us.

We don't really protect animals that we see as food to us.

yes we do indeed protect our food :)

we have laws for cows, chickens, and whatnot.

we even have laws for live bait.

I would be MORE worried about the woman who ate the goldfish- there are so many chemicals not approved on the FDA list for edible fish stock that they probably used in their aquarium. Some of them are on Cali list of cancerous materials.
:eek3:

Back