Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79

It will be interesting to see if this will effect the primary election in anyway.

RIP Justice Scalia

You know that I don't agree with Scalia's opinion but I'm sad about he passed away. I have seen some people, possibly multi-accounts on FB celebrated and make fun of him being passed away so what's cold hearted!!! Anyone who celebrated or make fun of him being passed away doesn't represent our views, period.

Please don't associate me with someone who are cold hearted, that's not what most Americans are doing like that.

RIP Justice Scalia

You know that I don't agree with Scalia's opinion but I'm sad about he passed away. I have seen some people, possibly multi-accounts on FB celebrated and make fun of him being passed away so what's cold hearted!!! Anyone who celebrated or make fun of him being passed away doesn't represent our views, period.

Please don't associate me with someone who are cold hearted, that's not what most Americans are doing like that.

I saw that stuff on Facebook too , so I thought it was a joke he died.

This is already starting a war between the extreme righties and lefties. I am seeing it on my FB. Whoa!!!!

This is already starting a war between the extreme righties and lefties. I am seeing it on my FB. Whoa!!!!

Yeah I saw some clips of the GOP debate on the news and the gloves are really coming off ! The righties want to wait until the next president to pick a replacement .

Yeah I saw some clips of the GOP debate on the news and the gloves are really coming off ! The righties want to wait until the next president to pick a replacement .

One of my friends posted yesterday how she is not looking forward to seeing Obama seating another judge. Feel like slapping her!

One of my friends posted yesterday how she is not looking forward to seeing Obama seating another judge. Feel like slapping her!

That is one to lose a friend ! :giggle: I am hoping Obama appoint another SC judge but he better wrap up his game of golf and get back to work !

That is one to lose a friend ! :giggle: I am hoping Obama appoint another SC judge but he better wrap up his game of golf and get back to work !

The Republicans control the House and I'll bet you that they will block his appointment as long as they can until he is out of office.

The Republicans control the House and I'll bet you that they will block his appointment as long as they can until he is out of office.

I know , I don't want to get this thread locked so I am trying not to made it a political thread.

Senate is only required to confirm the judge nomination.

Makes no difference who controls the House. All Federal confirmation is done by the Senate. Although the Republicans also currently have a majority in the Senate.

I can only hope that Judge Scalia's replacement, respects and upholds the United States Constitution as is. Otherwise, the good ol' USA will be flushed down the crapper.

I can only hope that Judge Scalia's replacement, respects and upholds the United States Constitution as is. Otherwise, the good ol' USA will be flushed down the crapper.

All court cases are opinion by 9 judges, anyway.

All court cases are opinion by 9 judges, anyway.

Thats true. Not all Supreme Judges interpert the Constitution the same way. Some say stick w/ what our forefathers wrote. Others want changes. Because it does not fit their "needs" or "feelings" I vote to leave it alone. And defend it.

Thats true. Not all Supreme Judges interpert the Constitution the same way. Some say stick w/ what our forefathers wrote. Others want changes. Because it does not fit their "needs" or "feelings" I vote to leave it alone. And defend it.

Yes, anti-gun and pro-gun organizations have different interpretation on Second Amendment. Anti-gun organization claimed that Second Amendment only allowed regulated militias to arm the firearm but pro-gun organizations claimed that Second Amendment allowed all citizens to arm the firearm. I support gun rights for all citizens, beside felon ex-convicts and misdemeanor assault, but I avoid using the constitution because Second Amendment isn't clear.

Some constitutions aren't clear so that caused judges to make opinion based on general, such as Fourteenth Amendment offer gay couples right to marry but there is no text about marriage in this constitution.

If US Supreme Court shift to liberal so I believe some states will ignore the court ruling.

Back