Bruce Jenner Is 'Transitioning into a Woman,' Source Confirms to PEOPLE

rockin'robin

Reaction score
His changing look has been a much-buzzed-about topic for months, and now PEOPLE has confirmed that Bruce Jenner has been quietly making a very personal change. The former Olympian will soon be living life as female.

"Bruce is transitioning to a woman," says a source close to the family. "He is finally happy and his family is accepting of what he's doing. He's in such a great space. That's why it's the perfect time to do something like this."

And according to a different Jenner insider, the 65-year-old reality star is filming his momentous journey, to be shared with viewers on a docu-series this year. "It will air when he is ready to be open about his transition," the source tells PEOPLE. "But he's acting more and more confident and seems very happy."

Jenner's much-documented physical appearance (he's been photographed with longer hair, manicured nails and wearing makeup) has led to much speculation, but according to the insider, Jenner's decision to transition slowly was made in part so that his family would have time to adapt to the change.

"He's being very smart about and also respectful about his transition," the insider says. "Instead of completely shocking everyone, his changes have been subtle, and his family has had the chance to slowly get used to his new looks and life."

And his family, including children Cassandra, 34, Burt, 36 (with ex wife Chrystie Crownover ) and sons Brandon, 33 and Brody, 31 (with ex wife Linda Thompson), as well as daughters Kendall, 19 and Kylie, 17 (with Kris Jenner) are adjusting to the new Bruce. "The [kids'] concern seems to be Bruce's happiness, and he acts very pleased with his new life," says the insider.

Admits the family source: "It is an intense thing. Of course not everyone is 100 percent on board. Different people have different reactions. But everybody loves him."

When asked about Jenner on ET, his stepdaughter Kim Kardashian simply said, "I think everyone goes through things in life, and I think that story and what Bruce is going through, I think he'll share whenever the time is right." And when reached by PEOPLE, son Burt would only say his father is "doing awesome."

"The family is really giving this space and time to Bruce. This is his story and they want him to tell the world the way he wants," the source close to the family says. "They really want to empower him to tell his story so that hopefully he can help other people too. That's the goal."

Now it appears that Jenner, finally happy in his own skin, will soon be ready to live life out in the open. "He has come out to those closest to him," says the family source. "He's so happy and excited. He gets to lay down a huge bag of bricks. He's been through a dark period and is coming out on the other side."

http://www.people.com/article/bruce-jenner-transitioning-woman?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

um.... wait what? interesting.....

His ex wife is flipping mad...I can only imagine what the other two think. That aside, I understand he's a nice person and I wish him well. His mother doesn't approve but loves him unconditionally. I'm glad his children are so accepting because this isn't like Dad's going through a mid life crisis and buying a Porsche.

Laura

Jenner is 65.....and the "man" (he had breasts and make-up on) at our Pool was 62, in the middle of the transition...am wondering why they waited so long?

Could be many reasons.. jobs (it's a proven fact that many transwomen are underemployed or make a lot less than they did prior to transition unfortunately)... didn't want to break up the family. Neither of those fit Jenner though but Jenner there's the added 'bonus' of being famous and put under a microscope everywhere and anywhere- it's been happening for years already.

And many are probably 'late bloomers' as well- most older trans* folks didn't have the access like today (i.e. internet and so many more books) so never had a name for it and also were influenced by the idea of the 'you were born looking like a male so you are' growing up.

For some reason I thought Jenner was older.. oops.

Ducky, I thought he was younger, surprised he's 65. I still think of him as that young famous athlete (many years ago, I guess) time does get away from me.

Ducky, I thought he was younger, surprised he's 65. I still think of him as that young famous athlete (many years ago, I guess) time does get away from me.

Yeah, same here....makes me cognizant of my own mortality....

Could be many reasons.. jobs (it's a proven fact that many transwomen are underemployed or make a lot less than they did prior to transition unfortunately)... didn't want to break up the family. Neither of those fit Jenner though but Jenner there's the added 'bonus' of being famous and put under a microscope everywhere and anywhere- it's been happening for years already.

And many are probably 'late bloomers' as well- most older trans* folks didn't have the access like today (i.e. internet and so many more books) so never had a name for it and also were influenced by the idea of the 'you were born looking like a male so you are' growing up.

I doubt at 65 years old with his income that he's concerned about "jobs." He's technically retired and has no money issues. I'm sure the reason that he waited so long was likely due to family conflict - his own family and his family through marriage. No one was exactly thrilled with it and I'm sure Kris Jenner thought it'd be a phrase.

I agree--
that's why I said it is ONE of the many reasons in general why some either decide or are forced to wait. With Jenner I am definitely betting it has to do with the family dynamics and their reactions as well as how the media and the public will/would react. Jenner has a much higher visibility than most other trans folks ever will so Jenner gets the 'microscope treatment'. The average trans person goes through stuff like that.. jobs may not be the problem in most cases but dealing with family and friends is the biggest thing to worry about.

He's gonna make one uuuuuugly woman!!! :roll:

I just wonder if his kids will still be referring to him as "Dad."

I understand this is the latest "hip" thing to do.

Parachute pants used to be cool too. So were lime green polyester bell bottoms.

Pathetic excuse who can't handle the gender they're born with. :ugh:

It's not going to be easy anyway, he's got a high maintenance task to ensure proper care "down there".

I imagine the changes in society, it becoming more and more acceptable in people's eyes have something to do with people starting the transition at a late age. They just happen to be in their 60s when society is more open to it.

I imagine the changes in society, it becoming more and more acceptable in people's eyes have something to do with people starting the transition at a late age. They just happen to be in their 60s when society is more open to it.

They feel truth sets that free.

To change genders at a very late time in your age..:hmm:...Guessing it would be shocking to family & friends.

To change genders at a very late time in your age..:hmm:...Guessing it would be shocking to family & friends.

But just think of their brand new parts!!! :) maybe don't think about it so hard you get a visual.

But personally I think that while your family is important, you are more so. It's your life, and you only the get the one. You're the one who has live it, do whats good for you I say.

Back