What is your state insect and bird?

Florida is the Northern Mockingbird... :doh:

I dunno about the insect but British Columbia provincial bird is Steller's Jay
geography-of-british-columbia0.gif

While looking for jay's picture I researched about provincial insects. Turns out we don't have any with the exception for Quebec who adopted
White Admiral butterfly as their provincial insect

In fact, the only province or territory to adopt an official insect is Quebec. After a public vote held by the Montreal Insectarium in 1998, the White Admiral butterfly (Limenitis arthemis) was selected as the provincial insect, which was later ratified by the National Assembly of Quebec.

220px-White_Admiral.jpg

An Insect for Canada | ESC-SEC Blog

So far, it's the one and only province in Canada that has a provincial insect, hmmm. I wish others would follow Quebec's step! and US!

Fuzzy

I dunno about the insect but British Columbia provincial bird is Steller's Jay
geography-of-british-columbia0.gif

While looking for jay's picture I researched about provincial insects. Turns out we don't have any with the exception for Quebec who adopted
White Admiral butterfly as their provincial insect

In fact, the only province or territory to adopt an official insect is Quebec. After a public vote held by the Montreal Insectarium in 1998, the White Admiral butterfly (Limenitis arthemis) was selected as the provincial insect, which was later ratified by the National Assembly of Quebec.

220px-White_Admiral.jpg

An Insect for Canada | ESC-SEC Blog

So far, it's the one and only province in Canada that has a provincial insect, hmmm. I wish others would follow Quebec's step! and US!

Fuzzy

Your jay bird looks something like our jay birds but your is darker. The blue jays are very aggressive , if they see their reflection in a window they try to attack the 'other' bird. I was at a client apartment and we heard something hit a window , I thought someone threw a rock so I went outside and was blue jay on the ground , I picked it up and the poor bird dies in my hand. It must had tried to attack that' other' bird .

Wirelessly posted

Everyone knows Fl state insect is the mosquitoes......... ;)

Back