People are so mean!

My slogan: Ignorance is No Longer Bliss. Be Educated! That's why we must always strive to educate the ignorant. As for the audists.....there's a lot already said....I need not say more.

I agree!

I agree that it's :roll: worthy. What xxxxxx is wrong with people? But, I wouldn't blame that poster for their views. I'd blame the medical establishment that encourages this type of thinking. People are ignorant, and, they aren't going to change until they are educated. I wish more people would educate others instead of getting all xxxxxxx and angry. Granted, some won't give a xxxx, but, a lot might. With information comes change; which is good for everybody.

:gpost: I agree ++1

s/he was using a case example for why they should. Every statement the individual said was based on the presumptions 'by word' of the accident.

As scene processing tends to do it, you want to make assessments based on as close to how reality would have been.

Here are some questions that could instantly change the direction.
- What if the cyclist was wearing a hearing aid and did not hear it anway?
- What if the cyclist does own one, ran out of battery or put his hearing aid away?
- What if they got hit for reasons not pertaining to hearing?
- What if the cyclist was hit for other reasons (IE: swerved to miss object in path)?

I think like this, things like these change the scope of the issue that make other statements irrelevant, I tend to avoid arguing about something that can circumstantially change the direction immediately without knowing full details.

Well said, Naisho :thumb:

Deaf people do get run over in higher percentages than hearing. I have been hit by cars twice.

Just missed getting flattened by a bus a couple of nights ago. I have the most powerful hearing aid made now, and when my daughter pulled me sharply left, I looked right, and into the eyes of the bus driver who would have run me over. I didn't hear it at all.

So you can still get hit even when wearing amplification.

Sounds to me though just like a well meaning person who thought they had the solution to a problem.

I don't read comments on YouTube very much. Waaaay too many stupid people commenting.

Some random ignorant moron on YouTube? Eh, and the sky is blue. lol. Don't waste your mental breath on fools like that. Move on and smile. :)

Oh I know when it comes to youtube there are alot of uneducated people, but I just felt the need to vent to you guys.

He used as a reason why ci on children should be mandatory.

I take that back. He want hearing aids and ci be mandatory for all people including adults like college kids to be mandatory.
this means you too.

Exactly, all it takes is one person to actually try to make something like this a law. I doubt that it would get that far, but its not unheard of having stupid laws out there.

Then again, I think it would be impossible to do because of it breaking part of the Constitution.

It's people with a narrow view of the deaf that are the problem. I absolutely agree with you that there should NOT be a law mandating CI's for all deaf people. Good grief! Incidently, I'm hearing.

I do agree with the unknown poster that says that laws are forcing insurances to cover the cost of CI's. I agree with this, but, I also agree that if they're going to do that, they should also force insurances and Medicaid/Mediare to cover the cost of hearing aids as well. What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander! One sided views are never good to advance one's perspective on anything!

I think it great that the insurance company is helping parents to pay for HA but I do not think it should be mandatory to made deaf or HOH people wear HA or CI's, that should be up to the parents of small children and the person when they're older! I know some people that can't wear HA as they can't understand what being said . It would be horrible if a law was pass saying you had to wear your HA or have CI's to drive a car or ride a bike!
This had cross my mind a few times, it would be one more way for the government to made money ,start giving tickets for not wearing a HA while driving a car!!

do agree with the unknown poster that says that laws are forcing insurances to cover the cost of CI's. I agree with this, but, I also agree that if they're going to do that, they should also force insurances and Medicaid/Mediare to cover the cost of hearing aids as well
Agreed!

When I post maintenance videos on YT, I have to turn the comments off. Some of them are so ridiculously stupid, you have to wonder how they were able to get on the internet in the first place.

I think it great that the insurance company is helping parents to pay for HA but I do not think it should be mandatory to made deaf or HOH people wear HA or CI's, that should be up to the parents of small children and the person when they're older! I know some people that can't wear HA as they can't understand what being said . It would be horrible if a law was pass saying you had to wear your HA or have CI's to drive a car or ride a bike!
This had cross my mind a few times, it would be one more way for the government to made money ,start giving tickets for not wearing a HA while driving a car!!

Wouldn't that be a scary though! :shock:

Some insurance companies pay for HAs, but most don't. They WILL pay for CI's, though, at least most of the time. That's what I was saying. It should be equal. If insurance companies will pay for the CI, they should ALSO pay for HAs.

But, I agree with you on the mandatory issue. I don't think it should be mandated either.

Some insurance companies pay for HAs, but most don't. They WILL pay for CI's, though, at least most of the time. That's what I was saying. It should be equal. If insurance companies will pay for the CI, they should ALSO pay for HAs.

But, I agree with you on the mandatory issue. I don't think it should be mandated either.

I agree that HA's shouldn't be mandatory. In total honesty, when I have a cold, or even after having a cold (as the case is right now) I get very little out of my HA. It would be pointless to be wasting batteries on a device that is not working, while driving and potentially getting horrible feedback. (My HA does not like my window, and gives me horrible feedback when I'm driving).

Some random ignorant moron on YouTube? Eh, and the sky is blue. lol. Don't waste your mental breath on fools like that. Move on and smile. :)

I would but I am just concerned about more and more people saying stuff like that. The masses could get together and start a petition and before we know it, it is a law. Just sayin'

That person who spouted that is ignorant.

He didn't take it into account that not all HAs or CIs will work on all deaf.

Also the more newer model cars' motor are so quiet that I cannot hear it behind me. The blind has this problem, too.

If they were to enforce a punitive measure on the Deaf community then I'd take them to court and appeal the law and keep on doing it til the I get to UN and get them to hear the case.

That person who spouted that is ignorant.

He didn't take it into account that not all HAs or CIs will work on all deaf.

Also the more newer model cars' motor are so quiet that I cannot hear it behind me. The blind has this problem, too.

If they were to enforce a punitive measure on the Deaf community then I'd take them to court and appeal the law and keep on doing it til the I get to UN and get them to hear the case.

I will fly out andjoin you for the fight! :D

Back