Do you live in the city or rural?

Do you live in the city or rural country?

• City, includes suburbs

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • Rural, farms, country

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm creating a poll to see how many of you in Alldeaf live in the city or in the rural country. I'm just curious that's all. ;) I live in a dense area of Seattle, which is about a mile from downtown Seattle. :) It's very urban

Aloha from Wahiawa,I lives in country 17 miles from city of Honolulu.

I likes country is more quite out there.

I live in one of the suburbs of Salt Lake City, about 10 miles from Temple Square. I live about 3 blocks from Salt Lake Community College, and about 10 to 15 blocks north of the Utah Deaf Centre.

It is odd here because there are suburbs with their own names and zip codes, but it is still considered part of Salt Lake City sometimes. I can have my address either at Taylorsville or Salt Lake City.

When I was growing up, I used to live in the countryside, about 60 miles from the nearest metropolitian city (Philadelphia). My village had about 300 people.

Urban sprawl is a very sad thing. This is happening so fast here in Utah, with so many houses being built at an alarming rate. Cities are growing so fast and there will be no more space soon in Salt Lake Valley (which is surrounded by two mountain ranges, and the Great Salt Lake.)

I've lived in the suburbs all my life. Its definetely not my first choice. While I'm still young and we'll. I'd like to live in a more urban setting. Maybe find an apartment in a more culturally diverse part of the city. But I'd also really love to live out in the country away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Perhaps when I'm headed for retirement age, I'll move out into the country, or maybe to a more peaceful city. Either back to Chattanooga or to a small town in western or middle Tennessee.

Living in Small Town simalir alike "Suburbs to me" as our living temporary until we really want living rural outside of suburbs area. *Still hunting a country house* Don't ask me why taking too long... Farmhouse are not many popular selling the houses.. (Hard to searching and wait hear the real estate got alert someone who sell their farmhouse and will nofity us...

I do miss favorite living rural area which more peaceful and quiet... Anything I want seeing my buddies coming over my place and have nice bonfire all together and also BBQ'ue plus swimming pool. Sort of nosiy-enivorment beacz of Deaf ppl always talk talk loud... (chuckles) Nothing interfre neighbours hears..

living in rural area.. however its a little bit of a town too so i don't know what its called :P the only town with more than 30,000 people is about 1 hour away from here which is st. cloud.. the town i'm living in right now is only 18,000 people.. and there's no towns nearby.. few villages of less than 800 people. just few miles away

:fruit: I live in the city of Cranston, which is 2 miles outside of Providence. But, if I had to give someone directions to my house, it's like drawing an out of the way map, because I don't live near any major landmarks. But, I have been in Cranston all my life and love it.

I live in countryside/farm which it´s 3 miles away from small town.

I was a city girl until married and live in town and then move to countryside in 1988 and love it. There´re more peaceful and children play outside alot safety.

I live in the suburbs where every house is the same with little differences but I live in an apartment. All the apartments are the same except for the furniture on the patios and balconies! I have never lived in the city or the country but I would like to live in both someday. I have always thought it would be nice to live on a farm but I think that would be hard to take care of!

DeafSCUBA98 said:
living in rural area.. however its a little bit of a town too so i don't know what its called :P the only town with more than 30,000 people is about 1 hour away from here which is st. cloud.. the town i'm living in right now is only 18,000 people.. and there's no towns nearby.. few villages of less than 800 people. just few miles away

I am in same way with deafScuba. But when I go to townhall to pay my property tax. I wrote out a check in City of Rochester. But it doesnt look like city to me.

live in country love peacefully here alot view mountains, river, lake can see nice farms everywhere can see cute goats, cows n horses can see playfully babies of barn animals :) alot atv rider here too

This town I'm living in looks rural to me. :) And no, I didn't take the picture.. robbed it off the city hall's website. *shifty look*

Attachments

• by.jpg
    by.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 20
lol at liza's comment that funny and yes that town look beautiful...I live in city all my life but I am used to urban area because lot of my families live in those small towns (Terrell, Qualian->not sure if that spell correctly, about 30 to 60 miles from Dallas-it in east texas). My grandfather built a house on farmland with 9 arces right next to red river (texas/oklahoma border) in Grayson county (Sherman/Dention) about an 1 to 1 1/2 hour from Dallas (North) which is solded before he died almost 10 years ago).

We moved here 22 years ago to escape city. It is rural still but soon it will change when the houses building getting closer to us from next city. Now it is catching up with us. It gets too crowded here thanks to house markets, everyone move up here from down below valley. when they sold their houses in the valley and bought house here in paid full cash. Grrrrrrr them. Now my kids cant afford to buy house around here. Made me so mad. it used to be cheap place to live and affordable. Time for me to find a new place to be away from city.

We have almost an acre. We used to raise pigs, chickens, and borrow goats to eat weeds for us but never own horses ( always want own one but too costly ). Horses are next door to us. And cows. I cant raise them anymore after raised pigs. It breaks my heart.

I deliver their mails on dirt roads, wow what an awful soft sand road I get stuck sometime deliver their mails.

I live in rural. about 1 hr away from D.C.,,, I live near Blue Ridge Mts (10/15 miles away).

Back