Pastor Thanks God For 'Smokin' Hot Wife'

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Joe Nelms Laughs Off Internet Critics

NASHVILLE -- You might get some dirty looks if you thanked God for your hot wife at the family Thanksgiving feast. But a pastor saying a prayer before a NASCAR race got plenty of laughs.

Baptist Pastor Joe Nelms had a lot to bless before NASCAR Federation Auto Parts 300 race in Nashville.

"So we want to thank you tonight for these mighty machines you brought before us," Nelms said during the prayer. "Thank you for the Dodges and the Toyotas. Thank you for the Fords. Thank you for Sunoco racing fuel and Goodyear tires."

He also thanked God for his family -- though not in a manner typical for a pastor.

"Lord, I want to thank you for my smokin' hot wife tonight," said Nelms.

The line, which Nelms admitted was lifted from the Will Ferrell comedy "Talladega Nights," drew some laughs from the NASCAR racers and their families.

Internet critics, however, were not laughing.

Comments flooded into YouTube as soon as the video went online calling him "sacrilegious" and saying he was "making a mockery of prayer."

One critic said, "I am certainly not a religious man, but I'm pretty sure product placement in prayer equals a straight ticket to hell."

Nelms brushed off the criticisms, saying that he has already achieved his goal of getting people thinking, "Hey, maybe not all Christians are sticks in the mud."

The pastor ended his NASCAR prayer with a specifically Southern call to get on the track.

"In Jesus' name boogity, boogity, boogity, amen," said Nelms.

Pastor Thanks God For 'Smokin' Hot Wife' - Family News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Tweets and Youtube comments are now the meat of "news" stories...what a shame.

I find it funny thou...guess the internet critics just dont have a good enough sense of humor. -_-

That is funny!! I think it's great!! People should know that G*d does have a sense of humor and appreciates a sense of humor.

Whoever said we Baptists were boring have got it wrong. Even I find this funny. :lol:

Rofl, modern version of being all things to men to reach them. Take the 2x4 out ur asses lol

Very funny stuff. My bet is God was laughing as well.

nah...thank the parents for getting down and doing the dirty deed as disgusting as it is to me. I'm asexual so not my cup of tea but hey, god has nothing to do with how hot his wife is. Genetics does.

Let's hear it for lowbrow comedy!

Can I get an aaaaaaamen?

Back