Anxiety, Stress, Mental Health...

hellos245

Reaction score
:wave:
Does anyone have chronic stress and worry all the time, even about the smallest things, that you cant control?:Ohno:

Does your worrying make you physically sick?

:tears:Mine does.:cry:

Do you get sick or did you get diagnosed with a more serious illness?

So far, I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, Generalize Anxiety Disorder, and OCD.:crazy: I have panic attacks, and spurts of being completely sick, from every possible angle. :barf:I call them episodes.:dizzy: It affects me everyday!

:dunno:Any tips on dealing with stress, panic attacks, or a way to avoid the sick spurts?:confused: :sadwave:

:ty:
Let me edit this: I do see a psychiatrist, and I do take meds. I have tried ALOT of different ones, and I finally found some that work, but sometimes I still have these episodes. I do have 'rescue' meds which I take at the onset of a panic attack. I just didnt know if there was something not medication wise that I could do (I have the medication and doctor part covered!). I have a treatment plan, but sometimes its just not that easy.
I have had anxiety problems my whole life, but within the past 2 years it has gotten much worse and out of control sometimes.

I like smileys!! :giggle:

Last edited:
I struggle with constant worries, it's awful and I hope that you find something that helps you soon.

Personally, I try to find something to do that keeps my mind off of everything. Learn something new, play a game of some sort, or something like that.

I Have anxiety disorder personal I am experience tell you you have fear social phobia, I am scared worried, fear, social people angry on me I am very scared, I am experience anxiery you have professional because something your medication suffer not work
I recommand your mental on counsellor help advise professional! you have problem anxiety how long term?

:wave:
Does anyone have chronic stress and worry all the time, even about the smallest things, that you cant control?:Ohno:

Does your worrying make you physically sick?

:tears:Mine does.:cry:

Do you get sick or did you get diagnosed with a more serious illness?

So far, I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, Generalize Anxiety Disorder, and OCD.:crazy: I have panic attacks, and spurts of being completely sick, from every possible angle. :barf:I call them episodes.:dizzy: It affects me everyday!

:dunno:Any tips on dealing with stress, panic attacks, or a way to avoid the sick spurts?:confused: :sadwave:

:ty:

I like smileys!! :giggle:

See a therapist and start working on a treatment plan. Then follow the treatment plan.

Diagnosed with GAD and PTSD with OCD tendencies (amongst other things), I am being treated for all of it. From a medical/psych point of view, I take a integrated approach to treatment. I am on a very good drug regimen and I also take nutritional supplements. The two work in in tandem to keep my moods level and seems to work well for ME.

I also have been working with a dialectical behavior therapist, which has helped me gain control of my emotions and deal with situations on a day to day basis.

I would say that my anxiety is partially controlled. One of the meds in my regimen is a "rescue med" that I take when an anxiety attack begins. It helps to either stop it completely or lessen it's severity so that I can use my DBT skills I learned to help ride out the attack I'm having.

I agree with the people here as well, if it is serious please continue to seek professional help :)

Always...

I Have anxiety disorder personal I am experience tell you you have fear social phobia, I am scared worried, fear, social people angry on me I am very scared, I am experience anxiery you have professional because something your medication suffer not work
I recommand your mental on counsellor help advise professional! you have problem anxiety how long term?

I have had anxiety problems my whole life, but within the past 2 years it has gotten much worse and out of control sometimes.
I have tried many different medications.

I do..

See a therapist and start working on a treatment plan. Then follow the treatment plan.

I do see a therapist and I am on a treatment plan. I have tried many treatment plans. Sometimes its not that easy.

Diagnosed with GAD and PTSD with OCD tendencies (amongst other things), I am being treated for all of it. From a medical/psych point of view, I take a integrated approach to treatment. I am on a very good drug regimen and I also take nutritional supplements. The two work in in tandem to keep my moods level and seems to work well for ME.

I also have been working with a dialectical behavior therapist, which has helped me gain control of my emotions and deal with situations on a day to day basis.

I would say that my anxiety is partially controlled. One of the meds in my regimen is a "rescue med" that I take when an anxiety attack begins. It helps to either stop it completely or lessen it's severity so that I can use my DBT skills I learned to help ride out the attack I'm having.

I do what I have bolded.

I have tried many different medications.

you tried on medication fail on not work! people have tried medication,

doctor follow on recommend increase your medication!!
that is not easy complication!I hope be your feeling better

doctor help your adjust to your medication worth!

I have PTSD,depression,EDNOS,conduct disorder(which was the foster care system trying to get me into lockup),Attachment issues(undiagnosed), Alters(undiagnosed),

my meds are sequite and liquid pain relief

Every one is different. I have health issues that led to panic attack years ago now they are gone because I knew what it caused. Once in a while when I feel it coming then I knew my body is out of whack and control then it went away. I am on this medicine for one hormone, one hormone can whack and caused you anixety attack. so stress is one signal would cause you have this attack. By doing this you need to let stress go by maybe take a walk in nature or mediate. Good luck.

I do what I have bolded.

Not to criticise, but drug treatment alone doesn't work, usually (I tried this for many years).

CBT and another forms of "talk" therapies have been proven very effective for anxiety and depressive disorders.

I do see a therapist and I am on a treatment plan. I have tried many treatment plans. Sometimes its not that easy.

Forgive me, but the bolded sounds like an excuse. Treatment ISN'T easy. Drug therapy won't completely get rid of the anxiety we feel. It just takes the edge off so we can function. The aim of drug therapy is to help us be functional so that we can work with a pyschologist to help ourselves deal with the things that scare us.

Also, the therapy ITSELF is difficult, because, LIFE is difficult. If you're looking for "easy", you won't find it.

Hang in there, it does get better with time if you're willing to put a lot of work into changing things. But, it does take a lot of time!

Not to criticise, but drug treatment alone doesn't work, usually (I tried this for many years).

CBT and another forms of "talk" therapies have been proven very effective for anxiety and depressive disorders.

I remember CBT, I remember CBT I experience lots of CBT therapy!

While I do agree that everyone is different...in my case, I solved it on my own. After several nervous breakdowns, and being prescribed so many, many medications, seeing a psycharist 2-3 times a month.

I realized that I did not need all those medications!...I took some advise, and moved away from all the stress and took it easy for several months. I believe that it's just "life in general" that caused me so much anxiety and stress....even one psycharist told me that "your deafness is the reason you are depressed"!....And I never saw that psycharist again!

It's been many, many years since I've taken any medication, I don't believe in pills....all I take is meds for acid reflux and ear drops for my ears.

Find a good therapist or psycharist to help you, without Pills. So many doctors are what you might call "Pill Happy", always having their notepads out and prescribing pills for every little thing.

Wishing you the best! Be strong, and remember it's still a beautiful world out there, with all it's sham and drudgery, try to find some peace within your soul!

While I do agree that everyone is different...in my case, I solved it on my own. After several nervous breakdowns, and being prescribed so many, many medications, seeing a psycharist 2-3 times a month.

I realized that I did not need all those medications!...I took some advise, and moved away from all the stress and took it easy for several months. I believe that it's just "life in general" that caused me so much anxiety and stress....even one psycharist told me that "your deafness is the reason you are depressed"!....And I never saw that psycharist again!

It's been many, many years since I've taken any medication, I don't believe in pills....all I take is meds for acid reflux and ear drops for my ears.

Find a good therapist or psycharist to help you, without Pills. So many doctors are what you might call "Pill Happy", always having their notepads out and prescribing pills for every little thing.

Wishing you the best! Be strong, and remember it's still a beautiful world out there, with all it's sham and drudgery, try to find some peace within your soul!

I agree with this and disagree with this all at once! :lol:

For most people, a non drug regimen approach is the way to go. But, for some like me, drug therapy was and is needed. We cannot say for sure what the situation is for the OP. Therefore, I would say consult a GOOD therapist first. Get started with that. Then, if that therapist recommends drug therapy, seek a GOOD psychiatrist for an assessment. Btw, only a qualified psychiatrist should be prescribing and monitering drug treatment. Psychologists aren't qualifed to do so (they don't have an MD). As for general practitioners, they can and do prescribe, but in my opinion, don't have the training to truly do the monitering of the meds that is necessary.

You are right when you say there is a lot of over prescribing of psychiatric medication. There is. I have seen it in other areas, but sometimes, we cannot function without meds.

Just adding my .02.

Whatever the OP does, they need to realize that there is NO quick fix. It takes time and effort to achieve stability.

Like you, I wish them good luck!

CBT(as with most behavioural therapy) has very limited application in MY veiw

And CAN a waste be of insurance cover

There are other therapies out there

Back