Strongest OTC Sleeping Pill ?

Heath

Reaction score
I am wondering what is the strongest OTC sleeping pill ? The only one I know of and use is Tylenol PM and I am looking for something that will be even more stronger for sleeping pills please ?

What is the top sleeping pill ?

Tylenol PM isn't just going to do it anymore ..... :squint:

percogesic is another one .. it work for me.. but one thing.. be warned.. u can be groggy into next day.. almost like bendaryl.. ok.. :)

OTC sleeping pills don't do shit for me. I have to take something strong like Halcion, but it's a prescription that I get from my doc.

Beware of over doing OCD purchases. Actually Tylenol PM and similiar products can do you a great deal of harm. Better to drink warm milk or something more in click with nature. Have you tried excercise? I mean, you cannot sit around all day and expect to be tired enough to fall asleep. Try walking a couple of miles each day in the fresh air, you will be able to sleep just fine.

Beware of over doing OCD purchases. Actually Tylenol PM and similiar products can do you a great deal of harm. Better to drink warm milk or something more in click with nature. Have you tried excercise? I mean, you cannot sit around all day and expect to be tired enough to fall asleep. Try walking a couple of miles each day in the fresh air, you will be able to sleep just fine.
I agree. It's better to use natural methods.

Heath, you need to figure out why you can't sleep, and do something about the cause. If it's a medical problem, go to a doctor. If it's stress, use exercise (not too late in the evening), warm baths, and deep breathing. Don't watch stimulating TV programs before bedtime. Don't eat heavy foods late at night. Don't oversleep in the morning.

You are too young to have sleep problems.

When I do a full afternoon of heavy yard work I never have trouble going to sleep that night.

Well, personal experience has shown that a pint of Jack Daniels will work bloody wonders for insomnia. Auto starter fluid works pretty good too. :mrgreen: All kidding aside, I like phenibut myself. It’s the only thing you can buy OTC that really works. Tolerance builds up pretty fast, so it’s only useful for short-term use. But it really will put you right to sleep and keep you asleep. Basically, it’s an OTC form of Valium. It’s effects are said to be similar to GHB, the now-banned supplement that was all the rage in the early 80’s.

There is nothing wrong with my body. I suffer from PTSD and I don't want to be drinking alots which is no good for work the next day or smoking marijuana which is illegal anyways and I try not to take Tylenol PM that too much because of the liver. Tylenol can really damage the liver if use everyday so I use it maybe 2 x a week sometimes 3 x but then the next day I am groggy myself so I gotta figure something out and no matter how much excersice I get I still will stay awake because I really don't like to sleep. Some things are best not remembered so anything to help with sleep would be really great. I am already looking at 100 % natural methods and I also excersice, drink water and do all the right things too.

I am wondering what is the strongest OTC sleeping pill ? The only one I know of and use is Tylenol PM and I am looking for something that will be even more stronger for sleeping pills please ?

What is the top sleeping pill ?

Tylenol PM isn't just going to do it anymore ..... :squint:

Sleep pills aren't good but you need Rx for sleeping and check doctor in your area.

You will extremely looping when you take strong sleep pills.

Well, phenibut was actually developed by Russian chemists specifically for the treatment of PTSD. You might wanna give it a try. I'd recommend you get the bulk powder (lot less expensive) and try half a teaspoon about 4 hours before bedtime. Get a small bottle first, so that if it doesn't work for you it won't be too much money wasted.

The doctor tried to give me Zolfot , Paxil but I said no because I did not want the side effects.

Well, phenibut was actually developed by Russian chemists specifically for the treatment of PTSD. You might wanna give it a try. I'd recommend you get the bulk powder (lot less expensive) and try half a teaspoon about 4 hours before bedtime. Get a small bottle first, so that if it doesn't work for you it won't be too much money wasted.

Can you show me a link to that one please ? Levonian ?

The doctor tried to give me Zolfot , Paxil but I said no because I did not want the side effects.

Zoloft and Paxil arent sleep aids..... they're anti-depressants, and wont help with sleep. If you're getting prescribed those, the doctor or therapist will usually also prescribe a secondary medication to combat anxiety or as a sleep aid.... probly something like Klonopin or Diazepan or something, which are sedatives (but also risk addiction so recommend to be careful how much you use them).

Bad thing about sleep medicine. your body becomes dependant on them & get used to them & end up have to take a stronger dose for them to work.

There is nothing wrong with my body. I suffer from PTSD ... Some things are best not remembered so anything to help with sleep would be really great....
Using a chemical, legal or illegal, prescribed or OTC, to solve a emotional problem won't work. It just covers up the problem, which will pop up in other ways. You really need to get counselling and learn positive ways to overcome the troubling memories. You need a long-term permanent solution.

Medication might work for the short term but it's not a permanent solution. Sooner or later, you will have to confront the problem and overcome it. Not easy but more permanently satisfying.

Heath,

Try Levonian's suggestion. Barring that, I don't know of any thing that might work, unless you go the prescription route.

I also suffer from PTSD with wicked sleep issues. Unlike you, I had to resort to prescription medications to deal with this.

I'm currently taking phenergan for sleeping. It's a prescription antihistamine. It's prescribed for people who suffer allergies. It's also commonly prescribed for post surgical nausea, and to combat post chemo nausea. It WILL knock you on your backside! That's what I like about it! :thumb:

I absolutely refused to take anything that was addictive, so that's why I'm on this. The common treatment for insomnia is the benzodiazipine tranquilizers (xanax, valium, ect), and I won't go there!

Incidently,

Tyenol PM, Advil PM, and Sominex are common OTC sleep aids. They all contain benadryl, which I've tried. Worked for a time, but didn't work long term.

I've also tried Kava Kava, which worked real well, but again, wasn't a long term solution. Kava is considered the "natural" xanax.

Whatever method you choose, I wish you luck. PTSD really bites, man! I've been there, and I'm currently still there.

Why don't u go to health store and talk to some person there about which vitamins will help u to sleep. I remember Biotin suppose to help to sleep. But I do not need it.

possibly i will try kava kava if it will work on me. good thing that is natural..

Back