PETA Does It Again

Uhh.....the article isn't balanced as PETA normally euthanizes animals that are too sick/injured to be placed in homes.

Secondly--it's one PETA shelter, not the entire organization......

Uhh.....the article isn't balanced as PETA normally euthanizes animals that are too sick/injured to be placed in homes.

Secondly--it's one PETA shelter, not the entire organization......
The article says "adoptable animals". If they are too sick, they aren't adoptable.

Also, if this many pets are killed every year at ONE place... think about how many are being killed altogether? :eek:

Define "adoptable". :)

What may be "adoptable" by your standards may not be "adoptable" by another person's standards.

Define "adoptable". :)

What may be "adoptable" by your standards may not be "adoptable" by another person's standards.
Whether one's standards are different from another, do you really think that 95% of the pets they have are sick?

95% of sick pets by simple blood testing? and killed because of an "Genetic Disorder..

I highly doubt that they even do that kind of blood testing anyways. Except for the heart worms test or a few minor illnesses that are usually treatable. But they are not killed because of it.

They are killed because of the same reason as any other shelter kills them. No one wants them.

95% of sick pets by simple blood testing? and killed because of an "Genetic Disorder..

I highly doubt that they even do that kind of blood testing anyways. Except for the heart worms test or a few minor illnesses that are usually treatable. But they are not killed because of it.

They are killed because of the same reason as any other shelter kills them. No one wants them.
Yeah. PETA do not function as adoption shelters.

Despite having a $32 million budget, PETA does not operate an adoption shelter.

So, they shouldn't even have these pets in the first place. Those pets belong in a REAL adoption shelter.

Yeah. PETA do not function as adoption shelters.

So, they shouldn't even have these pets in the first place. Those pets belong in a REAL adoption shelter.

True, If PETA are really concerned about these Animals, they would have made effort to find homes for them, or open up an adoption shelter themselves. Totally double standard!!

They only found homes for 7 of them!! :shock:

True, If PETA are really concerned about these Animals, they would have made effort to find homes for them, or open up an adoption shelter themselves. Totally double standard!!

They only found homes for 7 of them!! :shock:
Exactly!

$32,000,000 is a lot of money just to watch them do nothing but whine about how people eat meat and compare humans with Nazis. :roll:

Exactly!

$32,000,000 is a lot of money just to watch them do nothing but whine about how people eat meat and compare humans with Nazis. :roll:

They need to compare, how they slaughter all those animals in their care, to the ad that they themselves posted.

Makes me wonder how the animals there are treated. Are they locked up in cages as well? They confined the animals, just like the people they bitch about. (go figure)

They could put 32,000,000 to good use!!

The earlier one was Virginia and now North Carolina. So they must have animals in their care in several places?

This is really sad.
Yes, I think this shows that it is more than just a local issue.

Would you adopt a pet with FIV? I wouldn't.

You are absolutely right. Two months ago, my friend adopted a kitten for his family. A few weeks later he noticed something wrong with her and he took her to the vet. The vet told him that his kitten had had FIV for two weeks or so and my friend was so pissed off and devastated. He had to have her put to sleep and he got his $250 back from the seller.

He learned some hard lessons from this tragedy. He would not bought any kitten or puppy from online sales like Kijiji or thru newspapers ads again.

I've read an article that when the economy sours (or a jobless situation occurs), the pets are the first to be abandoned. PETA may be finding itself in dire straits due to the economy. Just the same, it's hypocritical.

Back