Another Plane Crash into the Ocean!

You guys don't actually believe that the world is going to end December 21st, 2012, do you? :shock: How did anyone come up with such a random date?

I don't believe or fall for the whole hype, but here is probably what you want to read in order to learn about why that date seems critically acclaimed as important.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#Long_Count

I don't believe any of that hype either whatsoever, but in the event that I'm wrong, I assume we'll all be blissfully unaware of the exact moment or second when the world comes to an end ;)

What a tragedy...hope nobody suffered.

Latest update. Survivor is an 14 year old girl and is the only survivor found.

• Girl, 14, is only plane crash survivor
  • Found swimming among bodies, wreckage
  • 142 passengers, 11 crew were on Flight IY 626
REMARKABLE details have emerged of the survival of a 14-year-old girl - the only person to be found alive after an Indian Ocean plane crash.
The teenager was pulled from the sea after being spotted swimming among bodies and wreckage from the Yemenia airline flight.
A man identified as one of the girl's rescuers said: "We tried to throw a life buoy. She could not grab it. I had to jump in the water to get her.
"She was shaking, shaking. We put four covers on her. We gave her hot, sugary water. We simply asked her name, village."
There were no reports of other survivors. Officials said the plane crashed into rough seas in darkness, after disappearing from control tower radar screens.
The A310 jet had aborted a landing attempt in the Comoros islands and was making a second attempt when it crashed.
It was the second time in less than a month that an Airbus has crashed into the ocean. This time French authorities said the Yemeni carrier had been under surveillance and that the 19-year-old jet had been banned from French airspace.

The teenage survivor was among 142 passengers and 11 crew on Flight IY 626.
Ramulati Ben Ali from the local Red Cross said her condition was "not worrisome".
Arfachad Salim, a rescue co-ordinator for the Comoros Red Crescent, confirmed she was the only living passenger so far and said local fishermen had also found wreckage, passengers handbags and other effects.
The flight left Paris on Monday for Marseille and Sanaa, where passengers switched to the older Airbus to continue to Djibouti and Moroni.
French civil aviation officials said 66 passengers were French. Many of the passengers were likely to hold dual nationality, however. Three babies were among the passengers, officials said.
Link: Yemenia plane crash survivor found swimming among bodies in Indian Ocean | World News | News.com.au

Wow, They were only able to find ONE survivor?

I'm glad they were able to find one survivor but as for the rest, it's terrible.

and it could help the authorites solve the issue on what happened to the crash but it may be critical.

Um, we have the advanced technology to inform us of the many things that happen around the world. Because bad events generally take the top news, we hear about the bad news far more often than we hear of the good news. According to psych, humans have the tendency to focus on the bad because it is threatening to our survival. By doing that, we work hard at the prevention of bad things happening in the future. As always in life, we cannot help it and according to human nature, we feel like we can control things that are tangible and expect things to go in order. When they don't, we get so upset since its out of our control and we don't like that. Fear is a powerful feeling and it is sad that many of us, including me is strongly affected by it in our daily lives.

If only we were braver...

I totally agree with your statement.

It is threatening to survival.. and it is more often talked about. Only if people could focus on good news more often. People will tend to find that there is more good news than bad. Even the Media is guilty of putting out more bad news than good. Due to they know that people will react more to bad news than the good.

Wow...she was the only survivor from the plane crash?

This is really a miracle for her...
Thats correct, but the worst thing, she's only 14 and she might vow not to fly ever again in her whole life. :|

Angry protest
BBC NEWS | Africa | France reverses 'black box' claim

The French transport ministry had earlier said the Airbus 310 plane which crashed had been banned from France because of "irregularities".

But Yemenia responded by criticising "false information and speculation about technical problems" on the plane.

Several Comoran expatriates angry with what they see as the poor state of the company's aircraft tried to stop passengers from checking in for another Yemenia flight leaving Paris Charles de Gaulle airport for Sanaa.

About 60 people failed to check in, reports said, but it was not clear how many did so as a result of the protest.

The crash was the second involving an Airbus aircraft in recent weeks. On 1 June an Air France Airbus 330 travelling from Rio de Janeiro to Paris plunged into the Atlantic, killing all 228 people on board.

And the mudslinging begins . . .

When you plan to travel, always check what plane you will be on, if you see Airbus A310 - 320, well it's your decision to purchase that ticket or not.

Back