Are incandescent light bulbs still going to be ban in 2014?

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
What is the story on incandescent light bulbs being ban next year , I have not heard anymore about them being banned . I do not like using the energy efficient light bulbs because of the mercury they have in them.

What is the story on incandescent light bulbs being ban next year , I have not heard anymore about them being banned . I do not like using the energy efficient light bulbs because of the mercury they have in them.

You can buy LED light bulbs that have no mercury.

You can buy LED light bulbs that have no mercury.

I did not know that , do know who put them out? My condo got a special deal to put in energy efficient light fixtures and the blubs we have use have mercury , I wonder if I can buy the blubs without mercury. I bring them to the health department so they can recycle them. I just read that someone broke something that has mercury in their house and they had to call the fire department to clean the mercury up. I was looking for something to day and found a blub that I forgot to recycle , I am glad I did not break the blub as it was in a drawer and drop my heavy tape measure in there all the time .

I did not know that , do know who put them out? .

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ecoBright-Light-replacement-White-NON-Dimmable/dp/B00CPY91EK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1383598160&sr=8-8&keywords=mercury+free+led+bulbs]ecoBright LED Light Bulb 10W 900 Lumen (60W replacement), Warm White. NON-Dimmable (A19) - Amazon.com[/ame]

Better buy LED bulbs for using signalers. I not more buy CFL bulbs. Not working to receive sign on CFL bulb with Sonic remote receiver when turning on lamp. Cree bulbs are cheap price at Home Depot store.

Source?

They wont be banned, still sold till the supply is depleted that's stored in warehouses. CFLs are cheap, and LEDs are expensive as hell !!!

Yeah, there was talk of being banned, but they cant enforce it, so they are just letting the supply deplete. They can not make new incandescent bulbs...only sell the old that's sitting in stock at warehouses. I looked at LEDs as I was going to convert to them to save money since my house will be all electric for now, But I cannot see paying $36 just for one LED bulb.... ****ing crazy! ( excuse my French ) lol

Did you know that 99% of business office still use fluorescent lamp. They have the mercury too.

They wont be banned, still sold till the supply is depleted that's stored in warehouses. CFLs are cheap, and LEDs are expensive as hell !!!

Depend where you find LEDs from. CFLs are not great for outdoors, ceiling fans, signal flasher, etc. We still have CFLs for bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, and basement. We use LEDs for signal flash , outside, etc.

Yeah, there was talk of being banned, but they cant enforce it, so they are just letting the supply deplete. They can not make new incandescent bulbs...only sell the old that's sitting in stock at warehouses. I looked at LEDs as I was going to convert to them to save money since my house will be all electric for now, But I cannot see paying $36 just for one LED bulb.... ****ing crazy! ( excuse my French ) lol

I brought one for only $8.00 recently . Sometime my electric company will have deal on the bulbs, you should check your electric bills and see if they have any deals

Try find 100, 75 watts incandescent bulbs at store... You won't find one, they no longer manufacture them, 2014 they are phasing out 60 watts bulb leaving only 40 watts or less and 150/300 watts "Service" light bulbs. I have them stocked in my attic before they phase out these wattage bulbs.

Of course most LED bulbs are expensive, but go to Home depot, and you will find LED bulbs sells for ten dollars. Its brand CEE. I have them and its nice.

The real reason is that electric infrastructure in America is within 90% of capacity during peak time, if we don't do something then we will be seeing more black outs, hence why there is phase outs in order for incandescent light bulbs. Power companies will not be able to produce more electricity once the capacity reaches.

Within few years from now, these LED bulbs price will drop down considerable faster. LED is still way better than CFL and don't contain mercury.

Try find 100, 75 watts incandescent bulbs at store... You won't find one, they no longer manufacture them, 2014 they are phasing out 60 watts bulb leaving only 40 watts or less and 150/300 watts "Service" light bulbs. I have them stocked in my attic before they phase out these wattage bulbs.

Of course most LED bulbs are expensive, but go to Home depot, and you will find LED bulbs sells for ten dollars. Its brand CEE. I have them and its nice.

The real reason is that electric infrastructure in America is within 90% of capacity during peak time, if we don't do something then we will be seeing more black outs, hence why there is phase outs in order for incandescent light bulbs. Power companies will not be able to produce more electricity once the capacity reaches.

Within few years from now, these LED bulbs price will drop down considerable faster. LED is still way better than CFL and don't contain mercury.
When I cook a meal in my stove I made enough for two meals and reheat it the next night in my microwave . When I cook pasta I use hot tap water so it will boil faster. And I just brought a new fridge to help cut down my electric usages. And I cook my meals before the peak time. I try to do my part .

When I cook a meal in my stove I made enough for two meals and reheat it the next night in my microwave . When I cook pasta I use hot tap water so it will boil faster. And I just brought a new fridge to help cut down my electric usages. And I cook my meals before the peak time. I try to do my part .
I use water from the stream, a stick and twine to start a fire, another stick to get my food. Leftover is hung on the line to dry and can eat it for weeks. The fire helps me to stay warm and see at night.... Then again, been doing that for hundreds of years....lol just had to mess with you a bit.

Back