Itchy ears

NEWIDME

Reaction score
Hi. I get itchy ears due to wearing hearing aids. I itch w/ a Qtip usually one time in the day and one time at night (for long time). Sometimes I have itched until my ear bleeds amd then they get too sore to wear the dang aids. I feel itching relief is way better than an orgasm! Anyway, what do you do about your itchy ears? How often do you use a Qtip, if at all, to get rid of the itch? Do you use Qtips? I am not sure about CI's - - do your ear's get itchy?

Seriously, I want to know. If it's TMI, I am sorry but I still want to know! :ugh3:

Have you cleaned your ear mold? Try soaking it in alcohol to kill any bacteria or fungus. It worked for me.

I can't because they are CIC's. But I did have a machine before my fire. It was a neat expensive one. It would dis infect and then dry em out.

There are special ear cream just for hearing aid users. It is called Otoferm. Look at justbekuz.com or harris communications. It should help.:cool2:

I clean my earmolds with alcohol and make sure they are dry before I put them back in. After a shower I use a q-tip to help dry my ears out and I don't put my hearing aids back in until my ears are dry too.

I use Miracell to help with the dryness and itchyness in my ears. My audiologist gave me a sample bottle, told me to put some onto a Q-tip and gently move the Q-Tip in the ear so the miracell gets onto the skin. Says to do it every other day.

You can order them online from MiraCell - RENEW YOUR SKIN if you want to give it a try. It works on any dry skin/skin issues on your whole body, not just your ears.

I frequently have dry/itchy ear problems from the earmold, but the miracell helps (that is, when I REMEMBER to use it). :)

Do you wash your ears daily when you shower or take a bath? Q-tips don't necessarily keep your ears clean without cleaning them with soap and water.

Also, rub down your ear molds every day or every week, whenever you think is necessary. :)

Ha, my ears used to itch at times when I wore HA's. That's another big bonus for me having CI's and not having to deal with itchy ears and sucky earmolds again! :)

Thanks guys. I will try the creams out. I thought there was more itchy ears out there!

Maybe try BTEs? I vaguely remmy when I wore ITEs my ears getting itchy. It generally doesn't happen with BTEs.

unfortunately that is not good for you. I understand sometimes I got itch my implant. I don' t think so lice bugs with hair. Wash clean on your hair. I don't understand what is say about to you find out problem inside feeling.

unfortunately that is not good for you. I understand sometimes I got itch my implant. I don' t think so lice bugs with hair. Wash clean on your hair. I don't understand what is say about to you find out problem inside feeling.

huh?

Go see your ENT or audiologist before you go sticking any fluids in your ears. You may have a outer ear infection or eczema. The ENT would give you ciprodex or vosol to help clear it up. If it's just itching and you don't have a hole in your eardrum (which would make you taste whatever you poor in your ear), I tell my patients to try 1-2drops of sweet oil before they go buying up online stores or pharmacies.

Go see your ENT or audiologist before you go sticking any fluids in your ears. You may have a outer ear infection or eczema. The ENT would give you ciprodex or vosol to help clear it up. If it's just itching and you don't have a hole in your eardrum (which would make you taste whatever you poor in your ear), I tell my patients to try 1-2drops of sweet oil before they go buying up online stores or pharmacies.

Thank you much!

I was just online searching for something about this - I too get itchy ears a lot (I wear BTE hearing aids in both ears for all my waking hours!), and I too get so desperate to itch my ears that I use either a Q-tip/cotton bud, or my finger! :roll:

Apparently its not good to do those, and I actually have a really bad ear ache right now having done that. :shock:

I went searching online and found this website about 'Aural Hygeine', and it was really useful. Have a look below:

Aural Hygiene | Healthy Hearing

I agree that you need to see an ENT. No audiologist. They may have a solution for you to rinse your ear out for awhile and maybe weekly to keep your ears clean.

Stop using Qtips! lol

I get itchy throat and ears due to allergies. I take allergy medicine.

I use Miracell to help with the dryness and itchyness in my ears. My audiologist gave me a sample bottle, told me to put some onto a Q-tip and gently move the Q-Tip in the ear so the miracell gets onto the skin. Says to do it every other day.

You can order them online from MiraCell - RENEW YOUR SKIN if you want to give it a try. It works on any dry skin/skin issues on your whole body, not just your ears.

I frequently have dry/itchy ear problems from the earmold, but the miracell helps (that is, when I REMEMBER to use it). :)

Would the MiraCell help with itchy old scars? I have a 8 inches long scar from when I had my hip surgery when I was 2 years old in 1982. I'm 28 now and my scar itches like hell from time to time and it's so fucking annoying. It's on my left hip.

i think travis is talking about the fact that his ci caused his ear to itch (probably due to the scar or speech processor), having lice in one's hair and being sure to wash one's hair clean with lice shampoo as a result.

Back