Test your frequency range

I'm using in ear headphones though so won't all types of headphones or speakers etc be different? :S lol

Okay I think I can hear from 70 hz - 790 hz but the test has messed my tinnitus up LOL

Probably different headphones and speakers would produce different . I used philips shp 2500 headphones and a pc speaker . My hearing sister heard the sound at 13000 hz but I couldn't.

The test isn't professional. Only for getting an idea.

Probably different headphones and speakers would produce different . I used philips shp 2500 headphones and a pc speaker . My hearing sister heard the sound at 13000 hz but I couldn't.

The test isn't professional. Only for getting an idea.
Ahh okay thanks :) my mum just done the test and she's slightly HOH but she doesn't realise lol it's due to her age though and she's slightly freaked out that she can't hear as well as she thought :P

Probably age related loss at high frequencies. She'd better visit her ent doctor.

My mother is also stubborn, I can tell she has maybe even a tiny bit of hearing loss, she agreeds but won't go see anybody.

My mother is also stubborn, I can tell she has maybe even a tiny bit of hearing loss, she agreeds but won't go see anybody.
It's probably best we just leave them be, my mum gets mad if I try to force things upon her lol

Nothing till about 180 hertz
then I lost it at 13000-15000 Hz

(hearie)

maybe my speakers?

Doesn't even play any sound as far as I can tell. Are you supposed to adjust the frequency manually, or does it change it by itself?

The site runs on firefox. If you don't have firefox, you can't hear sounds.Alternatively, you can save the sound then play.

You enter a number and press play.

Online Hearing Test - Free, Quick, No Sign Up Required. is the 'hearing test' you have to eyeball the range then go back to the 'home page' and test in blocks of 50-100 Hz at a time when you noticed not hearing the tone... then you can narrow it down.

It runs from 0 hz - 20,000 hz in 60 seconds.

I pick up at about 180-12885 ish

Last edited:
Ahh okay thanks :) my mum just done the test and she's slightly HOH but she doesn't realise lol it's due to her age though and she's slightly freaked out that she can't hear as well as she thought :P

It could also be waxed build up in your mother ears. I have neighbor that thought was losing his hearing and I told him to see if was only wax and it was.
He had the wax removed and can hear fine .

My latest result is 7500 hz after reprogramming of my aids. But I can hear a bit better.

Wow, this is not good... I'm only hearing up to about 3,600. The only way I know a note of 3700 Hz is playing is the click in the attack envelope of the sound shape and when it clicks off at the end. I cannot imagine what a sound at 8,000 or 11,000 Hz sounds like... How is that possible?

It's probably best we just leave them be, my mum gets mad if I try to force things upon her lol

So does mine, but she calms down if we explain it. For a long time she did not trust banks, kept lots of money at home. Then she got robbed, and now she has a bank :) after that it was a hard struggle to get her to put some of it in a time deposit.

Next challenge is to see if we can get her to invest some of it :)

Anyway those things are wildly inaccurate, also they don't have a volume slider :P

Last edited:
Online Tone Generator - Simple, Free and Easy to Use. See what frequencies you can hear

The site runs on firefox

My result is 25 hz to 9000 hz

I really, really, really doubt that your range is 25 to 9000hz. You say you wear Naida SP which means you have at least moderately severe hearing loss.
The absolute most perfect hearing humans can have is between 20 and 20,000hz.

There are so many variables that affect this. Earbuds vs headphones is a big thing.

Why not just ask your audiologist, that person who has a doctorate degree in hearing, what your range is?
That range is based on controlled data and is much more useful than some Internet tone generator.

I really, really, really doubt that your range is 25 to 9000hz. You say you wear Naida SP which means you have at least moderately severe hearing loss.
The absolute most perfect hearing humans can have is between 20 and 20,000hz.

There are so many variables that affect this. Earbuds vs headphones is a big thing.

Why not just ask your audiologist, that person who has a doctorate degree in hearing, what your range is?
That range is based on controlled data and is much more useful than some Internet tone generator.

Naida SP only goes to 6,400htz so 9000htz is out the question from what I understand so what you say, I think is correct.

Naida UP goes up to 4,900htz which is even smaller :)

Back