New Mexico.....

I hear that there are huge rabbits! :shock:

Huge rabbits? Pfffft!!!! There were no such huge rabbits in New Mexico. :lol:

I am planning on going back home to New Mexico this coming Spring or Summer as I am a widow. I need to be with my family there. I will miss Canada very much and I had the best times and some rough times but it is worth living in Canada where my ancestors and my mother were born. I have live in Canada almost 18 years this coming June. :cool2:

I am planning on going back home to New Mexico this coming Spring or Summer as I am a widow. I need to be with my family there. I will miss Canada very much and I had the best times and some rough times but it is worth living in Canada where my ancestors and my mother were born. I have live in Canada almost 18 years this coming June. :cool2:

Where in NM will you live?

s
Actually are hugh rabbits, called hares cuz of their size. Extra large ears too to heaf you say pffft.

Where in NM will you live?

I will stay with my sister for a little while until I find an apartment that I could afford to live in. I will be living either in Santa Fe or Albuquerque, usually Albuquerque is better and have a large Deaf community. :D

I will stay with my sister for a little while until I find an apartment that I could afford to live in. I will be living either in Santa Fe or Albuquerque, usually Albuquerque is better and have a large Deaf community. :D

Now I am living with my sister and her husband here in Santa Fe. She has a cottage next to her house so I am living in the cottage. It is a efficiency house which is not bad. I miss Albuquerque which I knew so well in the past before moving to Ontario, Canada. Here in Santa Fe, there is New Mexico School for the Deaf and knowing there is a Deaf Community here, too. :cool2:

I have been to Cloudcroft too, when we lived in El Paso. Many tiny deers are up there.

I have been to Cloudcroft too, when we lived in El Paso. Many tiny deers are up there.

I grew up briefly as a military dependent there, loved going to the mountains to get away from the city! :P But I have never seen any deer, we did notice a mountain lion on the way up there! :shock:

I've been to Roswell and Southeastern New Mexico (I've grown up in West Texas...just a few hours from the NM/TX stateline) a lot. The weather is dry and not a lot of rain...but it isn't desert necessarily in that area. It is grasslands mostly until you keep going further south (Los Cruces.

Around Fort Sumner (Billy the Kid), you are around the Caprock and the further south you go like Roswell (aliens), it is still grassland. Each part of the state has its own type of tourist attractions and "culture." The Rio Grande Valley is beautiful and that type of culture is more focused on the Native Americans living there and Spanish origins.

The further you live in south in the state, the less rain you will get. Southeastern New Mexico has several good universities such as Eastern New Mexico University, New Mexico State, and several colleges.

You can't compare the climate in Santa Fe to Roswell or Carlsbad just like you can't compare it to Silver City. The entire state has different types of weather just like Texas.

Personally I've been to Ruidoso and the mountains are nice (but low) compared to those in Santa Fe, Taos, or even in Colorado.

I've been to Roswell and Southeastern New Mexico (I've grown up in West Texas...just a few hours from the NM/TX stateline) a lot. The weather is dry and not a lot of rain...but it isn't desert necessarily in that area. It is grasslands mostly until you keep going further south (Los Cruces.

Around Fort Sumner (Billy the Kid), you are around the Caprock and the further south you go like Roswell (aliens), it is still grassland. Each part of the state has its own type of tourist attractions and "culture." The Rio Grande Valley is beautiful and that type of culture is more focused on the Native Americans living there and Spanish origins.

The further you live in south in the state, the less rain you will get. Southeastern New Mexico has several good universities such as Eastern New Mexico University, New Mexico State, and several colleges.

You can't compare the climate in Santa Fe to Roswell or Carlsbad just like you can't compare it to Silver City. The entire state has different types of weather just like Texas.

Personally I've been to Ruidoso and the mountains are nice (but low) compared to those in Santa Fe, Taos, or even in Colorado.

"Like"

Way to go, KikLove. :P

Back