New Mexico.....

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like to get more info about New Mexico....

Low tax property?

Green grass and forest trees ( not desert) at Southeast of NM???

:ty:

For some reason I don't picture NM to be a green and foresty type state... Id imagine is pretty dry there..

Ruidoso is beautiful and has deers and lots of grass and trees.

I have also heard it is very beautiful in its own way. I think of mountains and snow and desert, purple sunset and canyons...I'd like to visit there.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

It depends where in New Mexico. Higher elevations tend to be greener and has coniferous forests while lower elevations is drier and has desert type landscape. The higher elevations in southwest states collects lot of moisture from rain/snow clouds and plus its generally cooler.

I dont know much about the cities and stuff about New Mexico.

I was thinking of retiring and live there.. is rattlesnake live there? :eek3:

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

It depends where in New Mexico. Higher elevations tend to be greener and has coniferous forests while lower elevations is drier and has desert type landscape. The higher elevations in southwest states collects lot of moisture from rain/snow clouds and plus its generally cooler.

I dont know much about the cities and stuff about New Mexico.

They told me that green area in Southeast as well?? :ty:

I was thinking of retiring and live there.. is rattlesnake live there? :eek3:

I grew up with rattlesnakes around. They dont bother people. Just have to be aware of your surroundings and not to put your bare hands in small holes in the rocks.

NM does have some green but not like the NE part of the USA. It is mostly dried clay/sand/rocks. Beautiful there.

I love New Mexico. North of New Mexico has mountains with forests and green grass too. South of New Mexico is mostly desert, very hot than the North. New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment which mean the State of New Mexico is very beautiful with their rich native culture and music. The rocks are very breathtaking with color of red and some pictographs on them. Many different tribes live there a lot longer before the Spanish came, whether from California or Mexico. As for living there, it is best to visit first to see if you like it or not. :cool2:

I don't know much about NM but did see on the news a while back that there was a serial killer over there that has yet to be caught. I don't think I'll be visiting anytime soon...
LOL.

Last edited:
Ruidoso is beautiful and has deers and lots of grass and trees.

Ruidoso is where my New Mexico place is. It's also where Bubba (my bear pal) lives. It's awesome there and cool in the summers.

The property tax is low too.

Oh as for Snakes.....Yeah there are alot of them but unless you are a hiker,golfer or something like that you will probably never see a live one. Lots of Black Bears too but they don't bother you either. They are very affraid.

I do know that New Mexico is one of the poorest states in America. Just wanna throw that out there.

Also, major mexican drug cartels in NM.

EDIT: NM probably have most western diamondback rattlesnakes in US. :lol:

Best way is go visit and give you an idea. And also contact real estate about property tax etc...they may will help you with that. My cousin in law lives in NM near Arizona boarder (i'll say about 30 to an hour, not sure excat).

I've been to NM once or twice, and landscaping is zoo beautiful..OMG! SO beautiful....Southwest part of USA (AZ, part of NV, Utah, Colorado, NM and some of TX) have beautiful scenery!

Back