Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

FUCK SOME HEARING PEOPLE. i am sick them. one stupid hearing man say bullshit that i have job bec of deaf. he is idiot. he think deaf people cant be work bec he think they incompetent.

FUCK SOME HEARING PEOPLE. i am sick them. one stupid hearing man say bullshit that i have job bec of deaf. he is idiot. he think deaf people cant be work bec he think they incompetent.[/QUOTE

I know man, just remember the bully are usually the ones who pick on people to make themselves feel good.. but really they are the ones incompetent in life. We can do what we set our eyes on. Screw em

Isn't it funny (not) that hearing people think you are doing them a grave injustice and inconveniencing them when they discover you are voice-off. I say to them 'go figure'.

Isn't it funny (not) that hearing people think you are doing them a grave injustice and inconveniencing them when they discover you are voice-off. I say to them 'go figure'.

So true, I see some hearies do that. Some hearies don't think basics that it two way effort thing. Not just deaf people do all effort.

I actually had this woman tell me her son wore hearing aids too, THEN (I swear I swear I swear) she pulled the HA out of her purse to show me and they had EAR WAX sticking out of them so thick I don't think they were ever ever ever cleaned. NASTY and WTF. I should tell her I wear tampons sometimes and keep a used one in a baggie to show her.

I think most hearing people assume that sign language was consciously "invented" one day by some "central committee of the deaf" and there was some great oversight in not making them all identical. :) I often hear "it's a pity they didn't make them all the same." I suppose it's a natural assumption; since it appears to be such a different mode of communication they don't realize that it's first and foremost a LANGUAGE, and shares all the major features of spoken language, even if it's visual and 3-dimensional!

I agree that they either don't realize, or just have not thought through what the language part of ASL means.

I have had three people at church ask me this question in the last week. In all three cases it was when they learned the sign for something like baby- a sign that really, really looks like what it is, a sign that if you asked a hearing person with no exposure to sign to guess the sign for baby, that's what they'd do.

I think it's a natural question asked by somebody with zero exposure to sign, who sees a sign they can recognize and then wonders if all the signs are like that, then why wouldn't they be universal. Even then, sign wouldn't be universal, of course, because of cultural differences, but I think people are asking this on the spur of the moment, not thinking about it.

Obviously, it's not something they thought deeply about, and it must be annoying to hear the same question over and over again.

Last edited:
Fake Sympathy

I can't stand the FAKE SYMPATHETIC TREATMENT...like the pouty lip, sad face when I explain to someone that I am deaf!!

For instance, I went into Dunkin Donuts the other day and ordered a small latte. I told the girl exactly what I wanted and she continued to speak to me, asking me questions. I didn’t want to make it obvious that I was Hearing Impaired so I just repeated my order. After the 2nd or 3rd time I finally gave in and explained to her that I was deaf and she proceeded to give me the pouty lip sad face!! How condescending, and patronizing…it’s as if I just told her that I lost my puppy... I wanted to punch her right in her mouth!! LOL.

I understand that people don’t realize that I’m deaf. But what am I supposed to do? Wear a sign around my neck stating that I’M DEAF?!?!? LOL!!

"I know sign language! :naughty: *flips off*" Me: Seriously?:rifle:

It happens EVERY time I use sign language, which is a lot. Even my closest friends do it. It's gotten very old very quickly. I'm surprised no one addressed this.

Last edited:
Hello All, I’m new to AllDeaf. I can’t believe what insensitive idiots hearing people can be and I can say that because I’m hearing.
On with my story now…
A year ago I became friends with a deaf women and we decided to go Christmas shopping together. We were in the store looking at things with our backs to one another when I hear a girl (8 maybe 10 years old) say “excuse me.” I look to my right then my left and see the girl is not talking to me so I keep shopping. (New to having a deaf friend so I don’t think to turn around and see if the girls is talking to my friend.) I hear the girl say “excuse me” again, when it hits me she might be talking to my friend. I turn around to get my friends attention and have her move so the girl can get past. I apologize to the girl and my friend and I turn and start shopping again. Not realize my friend just step in front of the girls mom, I hear “excuse me” again but from a women this time. I turn to get my friends attention again when the women says “what are you deaf? I said excuse me!” My friend moves and walks away not realizing what the women said or what happened. I turn and apologize to the women saying; “I’m sorry we did not mean to inconvenience you or cut you off from your child. Sorry about that.” The women points to my friend and says; “is she deaf or something?” I answer; “Yes, she is deaf and again I’m sorry” The women then tells me; “they should not let the deaf and dumb shop during the holidays.” In total shock someone would think this and say it, I just walked away.
Later we see the mom and kid again, the kid is asking for some toy when the mom says; “I can’t afford it.” I walk up to the mom and say; “maybe if you were not such an idiot you would have a better paying job.” And I walk off. I know I needed to keep my mouth closed but I could not help myself.

Thank you for all the great post. I have learned so such here.

WOW!! that was great of you, the way you handled that situation and the way you look out for your friend is truly inspirational!! I'm glad you said what you did to that lady. You were totally in the right!! if she is too ignorant to say stupid things then you certainly should not feel guilty for the comment you made to her!!

Thanks and Best Wishes
John :laugh2:

I was in a Macdonalds with friends and my young daughter, one of my friends is fully hearing and told me that the people across from us were pretentding to sign and making noises this is the second time we have been mocked in there for being deaf. I can take it but my young daughter gets upset easily. The ignorance of some people is astounding I feel pity for them.

I'm hearing, and this stuff bothers even me. People that spend a lot of time around me know that I sign and am very interested in deaf culture. As a result, people ask me questions such as...can deaf people drive? Makes me crazy...I tell them that deaf people are perfectly capable of seeing the world around them and driving. Deaf people are often safer drivers than hearing people. How many people are actively listening for these noises that they claim you must hear in order to drive. Instead, the music is very often so loud that we cannot hear those things anyway!!

Yup. I'm hearing, too. I read these stories, and I just cringe and wonder, "Who the hell DOES that?"

What a world!

Jen M>

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I'm in the awkward position of having hearing people talk about Deaf people like an alien species. Hearing people feel comfortable doing this because I'm late deafened and therefore I'm not really Deaf. Even though I socialize almost exclusively with Deaf people.

I'm in the awkward position of having hearing people talk about Deaf people like an alien species. Hearing people feel comfortable doing this because I'm late deafened and therefore I'm not really Deaf. Even though I socialize almost exclusively with Deaf people.

Just tell them everything!

20r5gyo.gif

LOL! I love being a mutant freak. lol

Maybe we should carry "business" cards with us. When we run into an ignorant hearie who asks if we're deaf, we hand them the card that says "Yes I'm deaf. And you're dumb."

Maybe we should carry "business" cards with us. When we run into an ignorant hearie who asks if we're deaf, we hand them the card that says "Yes I'm deaf. And you're dumb."

I know someone who made about 300 of those. They were gone in less than a week lol

Back