Windows XP Funeral

Well... Looking in future that Microsoft wont support XP in 2014 means leaving XP more vulnerable for latest virus.

Not sure if any Anti-virus can protect XP after support and patches. Virus and stuffs can find the way in XP and kill them.

Well... Looking in future that Microsoft wont support XP in 2014 means leaving XP more vulnerable for latest virus.

Not sure if any Anti-virus can protect XP after support and patches. Virus and stuffs can find the way in XP and kill them.

Yes, antivirus programs will certainly still work. Realistically, you're not much more likely to get a virus after MS drops support than before, because almost all major vulnerabilities have long since been found and patched.

Most people who get viruses do so because they don't understand computers, not because of vulnerabilities in the software they're using. You don't (normally) get a virus through a hole in your operating system, you usually get a virus because you're dumb and run a program you shouldn't have, and it gets into your system.

I think so window 7 I guess I am pretty on cause on computer depend variety , I don't know!

I thought XP was way better than Windows 98. One of my current computers runs XP and I think I will keep it that way until it dies.

You don't have to, XP won't stop working, you just won't get any more tech support directly from Microsoft.
I know that. :wave: But I'm sure I'll be ready for a new netbook by 2014...probably a lot sooner. :P

Or buy a new DVD of Win 7 to save you alot of money then buying Netbook if your netbook meet the requirement with Win 7?

No, that's silly. Unless you can get student pricing (around $10-$15), then it's better to just wait a year or so, and upgrade the entire computer if you're going from XP to Win 7.

I forced my netbook to run Windows Vista and works well but havent tested Win 7, So maybe i'll just force my netbook to run Win 7 for latest,

what is your software kind of you computer window xp? I wonder you have upgrade still easy simply! I did upgrade window 7 start to then window 7 premuim no option
cool is very window 7

you heard window 8 again! I am surprised!

Yes and i have posted it but still hiding in Moderator's area. I hated the look of Windows 8!

Windows XP i am sure will be automatically abandoned when the tech support expires as of midnight.....:lol:

I reckon if you still need support just after April 2014. You can go to lots of computer forums who can assist you with computer problems.

They're still supporting Win98 and just noticed that some of Anti-virus decided to stop updating on Win 98's PC and very few of them are.

Im sure that XP will be on forever

Back