What good thing happened to you today?

mbrek

Premium Member
Reaction score
Life isn't always pleasant, but somewhere in your day something good happened. It's time to celebrate those little things. Did the vending machine drop two Snickers instead of one? Did someone tell you how nice you looked today? Share it here and give yourself a high-five.

Hmm... Good question, I'll have to think hard on that one.

Live to see another day, pretty much. *Shrug*

Nice thread idea. :h5:

I found out that one of my government job applications for a position that I REALLY want has been referred to selecting official. The tough part with government jobs is just getting past the jerkwad HR people who screen out applications. Here's hoping!

:dance:Nice to see positive thinking in process .... A stray dog came inside my delivery truck at a stop, he was a happy tail swagger white dog who made me laugh and smile with his tilting his head and looking at me happily. I gotta bring treats on the route. :lol:

Got to the 3rd interview of this job I've been wanting for a while. Finally. Heres to hoping. (It went well)

Got a ton of feedback/compliments regarding website, again.

Eating this cinnamon almond right now= heaven.

My oldest son finally installed the window film for my kitchen windows and did an awesome job! Real sweet of him...and after I cooked his favorite dinner...he went to the store and got me a large Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

A small squirrel crossed the road in front of me. I had to stop the car because it just stood there, panting on its rear legs and resumed its arduous trek to the other side of the road. It had a HUGE nut in its mouth. At least, I think that is what it was. Anyway, the little bugger is earning it for winter, and it somehow made me happy.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I felt pretty good today. :)

i like this thread. positiveness is always good

not much happened today, but just found out that i got 95 on my anthropology test. phew it was a tough one

Wow, terrific! You all are making me smile.

I got out and rode my bike today and got some good exercise and fresh air.

Woke up alive, am able to breath cause the air is still around. got clothes so was able to dress up and not go to work naked. was able to walk to the bus. Am able to ride the bus to save $$. am able to work. Am able to take 2 breaks a day and hour long lunch. am working in office where AC or Heat is there. Nice bosses that treats me well and working hard to train me correctly so I am able to do my job.

want me to keep going? When really think about it, there is alot of good things in life that we take for granted.

Today a man told me I had the most beautiful skin. But the best was when my kids randomly tell me they love me, and give me run by kisses :)

Nice thread idea. :h5:

I found out that one of my government job applications for a position that I REALLY want has been referred to selecting official. The tough part with government jobs is just getting past the jerkwad HR people who screen out applications. Here's hoping!

What is the job that you want?

Today was a very tough tough day but picking up my son from the after school program and seeing his smile was the good thing in my day.

It's funny that you brought this up.... just something happen today...

We have one employee who is janitor of our company celebrating her birthday and she's turning 23. Her name is Christine. So, I happen to walk into the kitchen full of employee surrounding her sitting on the tables. As you all know that I'm only deaf employee in this company and they all well aware of my deafness. So, here's the conversation goes..... I was approaching her to say Happy birthday, and Janice is the head of office organization and she said:

Janice: Sneakernet! She's 16!!
Me: 60?
Janice: No! Sixteeeeen!
Me: Sixteeeeee???
Janice: NO! NO! Sixteeeeeeeeeen!!
(may facial expression was like upsetting)
Me: SIXTY!!!!! Jeeesh!! 60!!!!
(Janice interrupted me)
Janice: NO SNEAKERNET!! I SAID 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (waving hands trying to hit me)
ME: GAWD (looking at Christine) I CAN"T believe JANICE said 60!!!!
Janice: (Interrupted me again, grabbing my arm) NOOOOO!
ME: (me looking at Christine) YOU Look like 16!!!!!!
Janice: THAT what I SAID!!!! Dam'it I JUST SAID THAT!!!
ME: Janice is BAD!!!!

They all was laughing so hard right from the start...

Then later... Christine came up to me... she said... that was the best birthday gift for me...it was best... hilarious ever for me.
I responded to her... "Happy Birthday"

I got asked by about 7 people today both in the doctor's office and the pharmacy if I lost weight and commenting on how good I am looking.

Also, tonight, MIL offered to take us out to dinner since we got her outdoor decorations done.

Last thing, almost no pain with my legs today. That alone makes for a "red-letter" day.

Lets see, for awhile I haven't messed around with my graphics skills in awhile.

I was playing around and got a trick to make a smoke effect work! I never knew how to do it in the past :)
See the avatar for the updated product.

Lets see, for awhile I haven't messed around with my graphics skills in awhile.

I was playing around and got a trick to make a smoke effect work! I never knew how to do it in the past :)
See the avatar for the updated product.

Nice play on Breaking Bad. I just caught up. That show gets crazier with ever episode.

I went through a bunch of art that my mother has in a garage and found a little known work of August Macke. I see a dealer tomorrow to find out more.

Five o'clock...ahhhhh! Short ride home, hearing aids OUT! Voice off, and out to Grandson's birthday party.He is five years old and got a "hedicopper" (helicopter) and he was happy and ran after me and thanked me for his "Bidjo" game (video). I gave him my psp...he loves it far more than I do. Dinner out at a small diner with my husband, grocery store to get a favorite coffee creamer. Home and dog attack kisses, tail wags and lap time. Man, what a great afternoon and evening.

Back