Hostel International - anyone stay at one?

LoveBlue

Reaction score
I just booked 3 nights in the one in Chicago. I booked to share a dorm room with up to 9 other women. Trying save $$ on my trip. I have heard from others on another forum that this one is a good one.
This will be a new experience for me. I have no problem sharing a room with others. Heck, I only expect to be there to sleep as I'll be riding the rails all day with my rail friends.

That area is okay. Not too far from Loyola University. Edgewater is an ok area of Chicago. Rogers Park is north of Edgewater and part of Rogers Park is a bad area.

I've not stayed at International Hostel.

I just booked 3 nights in the one in Chicago. I booked to share a dorm room with up to 9 other women. Trying save $$ on my trip. I have heard from others on another forum that this one is a good one.
This will be a new experience for me. I have no problem sharing a room with others. Heck, I only expect to be there to sleep as I'll be riding the rails all day with my rail friends.

Have done that, but not in your particular hostel. Keep your valuables safe, I used to have my wallet and phone in my pants when I slept.

Get a small lock and lock your backpack. If possible, loop a strap over a bed leg before you lock it.

Have done that, but not in your particular hostel. Keep your valuables safe, I used to have my wallet and phone in my pants when I slept.

Get a small lock and lock your backpack. If possible, loop a strap over a bed leg before you lock it.

This one has lockers but I don't know how big they are. I need to get a lock for the locker though.

have stayed in hundreds over years but not that one,they all much the same ,as you say you only sleeping there

I've stayed at the one in Portland and had a great experience. They had lockers to lock your stuff up but honestly most everyone was nice, they had tours and activities in the city if you didn't have friends/family there. I will probably make use of that when I move this summer and am searching for a room, that and couch surfing. Both I have had great experiences with.

Back