I resigned!

As long as you are healthy, single and have no children I can understand the restlessness. I have a nephew like that. He has a master's degree and lives in a green "community" in the mountains. This year. It's always a different location, with a backpack and not much else. He's always bemoaning missing out on the '60's. :lol:

I hope you find the pathway to peace.

Giving your boss a letter telling your boss that your resigned is tacky to me

You should have told your boss in person instead of a letter

The letter is proper and accepted everywhere and makes it an official record for both parties. Then they met in person and the boss was cordial and praised her for her work ethic. How old are you? 17?

A couple of things I would have done different, I would have submitted a more professional and less heated letter and I would found other employment first. I was in a job making me physically sick; I also absoultely HATED my boss and one other coworker, including the management, for five years without a pay increase, yet I pushed on until I found another job. You're fortunate to have SSI but too many people abuse it and use it as a means and an excuse to not work.

Oh wow, I should send a letter to ask the congress for pay increase to federal employees and you are deserved to get pay increase for hard work.

Do you know SSI and SSDI are different, correct?

As long as you are healthy, single and have no children I can understand the restlessness. I have a nephew like that. He has a master's degree and lives in a green "community" in the mountains. This year. It's always a different location, with a backpack and not much else. He's always bemoaning missing out on the '60's. :lol:

I hope you find the pathway to peace.

I think a lot people can't remember what they did in the 60's ! LOL!

You don't understand... I have looked for a way out of here for SEVEN YEARS, and I realized that there is NOTHING for me in the modern world that I would want to do here. I will not do big-box retail and office work again. That leaves me my blogging that makes me a small amount of money. I'm cashing out my 401K, I have savings, and yes, I have my SSDI. I'm also waiting on one of my trucks to be sold. This will be enough to transition me out of apartment living in a major city. I'm even considering finding a replacement to take over my lease. Between blogging and SSDI, it would be enough to pay for my Jeep note and everything else. I am also mentally prepared to blog out of my Jeep if nothing else works.

I'm not concerned about you receive SSDI, even I receive it too.

I rather to work than stay at home, but with medical condition, it put me in doubt or uncertain, except work at home - huge drawback is little or no social.

I think unemployment is better than stuck in hostile work environment. My experience with work at Walmart made me rather to work at deaf companies and not want deal with terrible communication issues. I'm not fan of lawsuit over discrimination because it can hurt the reputation between me and employer, even I think DHB say that too.

I've been with my current job for almost 18 years, it's really hard to find a job security out there. With the economy and uncertain future, it may be difficult to have stable jobs as well as having health insurance. I would have keep on working til I find a better job security with better benefits. More Americans have 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Good luck with your next goal and with the next job you seek. :)

I've been with my current job for almost 18 years, it's really hard to find a job security out there. With the economy and uncertain future, it may be difficult to have stable jobs as well as having health insurance. I would have keep on working til I find a better job security with better benefits. More Americans have 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Good luck with your next goal and with the next job you seek. :)

I agree, it is hard to find a job. I have been applying for other jobs for over a year...no luck. I have a Master's and experience. Things sure have changed from the 90s when I was able to land a job so easily. :(

I agree, it is hard to find a job. I have been applying for other jobs for over a year...no luck. I have a Master's and experience. Things sure have changed from the 90s when I was able to land a job so easily. :(

I agree!!!

I was able to walk into a job I was interested in, ask for an application, fill it out and get a job easily.

I think technology has a lot to blame for this. You got to apply online which causes more competition.

PLEASE READ again, or get someone to translate what I wrote into ASL for you. I typed a short, professional letter and HANDED it to the store manager myself, he read it on the spot, and we sat down and talked about why I was resigning. Later, I sent another copy to the HQ office just in case things didn't add up at the local level.

PLEASE READ again, or get someone to translate what I wrote into ASL for you. I typed a short, professional letter and HANDED it to the store manager myself, he read it on the spot, and we sat down and talked about why I was resigning. Later, I sent another copy to the HQ office just in case things didn't add up at the local level.

I would have done the same thing. It's the right thing to do. For me, because I can't speak that well in long sentences like that so writing it down is like as if it's speaking for me. I can take it from there after that in speaking with them.

I would have done the same thing. It's the right thing to do. For me, because I can't speak that well in long sentences like that so writing it down is like as if it's speaking for me. I can take it from there after that in speaking with them.

The letter was a matter of formality. I was going to tell him in person. I wanted to anyway. There was no way I was going to walk away without saying something in person, because I needed to. It was very important to me that they understood that I was cutting it off right then and there.

it's required to do that in paper.

but this is not necessary for jobs like McDonald or 7/11

When I was let go from my career after 15 years full time due to my injuries and surgeries, it was hard, very hard, going from Hard laboring to sitting on my ass all day to recover. I practically went nuts from sitting still my first year, still waking early mornings with nowhere to go and nothing to do...couldn't drive for 6 months....whew it was crazy
I finally got used to it but took 2 years, no wonder people who retire die in a year or 2. j/k

it's required to do that in paper.

but this is not necessary for jobs like McDonald or 7/11

Right. We're in a world where litigation resolves even the most mundane of actions. In other words, to have a record or proof of a certain action, you must have it on record (in writing). This serves as proof of your final decision. You can't just change your mind at the last minute, you have to go through the established process if it's expected from you.

Back