What am I searching for?

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
As most of you know Ive gone through some shitty stuff in my 24 years around the sun.

I had abuse in my youth, I had no highschool sweetheart, I had one very bad abusive marriage, one relationship that was beautiful but ended badly, another relationship that was based solely on sex and alcohol, another that just wasnt right.

It seems as though I have this gaurd up where I dont readily accept men as well as I do women. Oddly enough, Ive had closer relationships with women than I have men all my life.

It seems though there is this void Im longing to fill. I want adult companionship, a genuine relationship that is delicate as much as it is intricate.

I just feel incomplete at the moment. Not sure why, but Ive felt this way for almost a year now, like I want something to fill that hole in my heart.

I want to be serious with school and work, and motherhood, but I also want to find the 'One'.

I find that marriage is a joke, mainly because my first time around left quite a sour taste in my mouth.

I just wish I knew how to fill the void, but with what?

Dixie, you read my mind and put everything down in articulate words than I could ever. I wish I have answers too.

:hug:

Good things will come to whoever have patience.

Someone once told me love is like you re chasing butterfly. If you keep on chasing butterfly, it would keep run away but if you remain and have patient, butterfly would come and rest on your finger. The point of this story is to have patient and let things come to you. If not more than often, people who rush things they end up being bitterness and have problems.

I would recommend to just keep going to deaf gathering/bar/club whatever is happening in your area and hope to find 'right one' instead of stay at home and whining.

:roll:
Good things will come to whoever have patience.

Someone once told me love is like you re chasing butterfly. If you keep on chasing butterfly, it would keep run away but if you remain and have patient, butterfly would come and rest on your finger. The point of this story is to have patient and let things come to you. If not more than often, people who rush things they end up being bitterness and have problems.

I would recommend to just keep going to deaf gathering/bar/club whatever is happening in your area and hope to find 'right one' instead of stay at home and whining.

Hey she is not whining - so quit that negative feedback - she is merely stating her frustations. :roll:

It is about quality, NOT quantity if you didnt get that in first place

I thought Dixi is a guy? :confused:

EDIT: Dixie wrote 'boi' above her avator which led me assuming Dixie is a guy.

no - boi as in Darren Hayes the Aussie Boi whom I believe is a talented singer.

:roll:

Hey she is not whining - so quit that negative feedback - she is merely stating her frustations. :roll:

It is about quality, NOT quantity if you didnt get that in first place

Perhaps 'whining' is harsh word but what I mean is stop feel sorry for yourself and get out! Do something like get yourself in shape or go shopping or whatever. You wont accomplish anything if you complain to people behind your computer.

no - boi as in Darren Hayes the Aussie Boi whom I believe is a talented singer.

Lol Ok. Didn't know you re girl. Because I remember you had avatar of guy which I thought it was you but apparently not.

Perhaps 'whining' is harsh word but what I mean is stop feel sorry for yourself and get out! Do something like get yourself in shape or go shopping or whatever. You wont accomplish anything if you complain to people behind your computer.

She has gotten herself back in shape...as for getting out..she works full-time, is a single mom and a college student. I think that leaves little time for getting out and doing things for herself.

She rarely gets on AD and this is the first time she has "complained" about not finding the one.

Sometimes, it is good to vent it out every now and then.

She has gotten herself back in shape...as for getting out..she works full-time, is a single mom and a college student. I think that leaves little time for getting out and doing things for herself.

She rarely gets on AD and this is the first time she has "complained" about not finding the one.

Sometimes, it is good to vent it out every now and then.

I did not know her whole story. I agree. It s good vent for her.

lumbingmi sucks at giving advices.

Dudette. Find someone that's wonderful for you. If you do, you better do crazy things that will make him fall for you. If you don't, being patience can lead a lonely life. You can practically do almost anything to find someone, but just don't lose yourself in those relationships as you have.

Simply when you are in love, you won't back off and you will finally see what you are looking for.

Lumbing, rushing things are vital indeed.

But when it comes to love. You have to MOVE. Or that person you wanted to get know is gone, possibly, forever.

Don't you see? Here's an example.

Me.

I met this girl at school, she's like "No boys. School first." But I didn't care what that means because I knew it was BS. So then there were another boys who wanted to date her as well, so it was kinda competitive, but gosh, she was tough as hell. She would avoid us all and we would allow her to walk away from us. BUT NOT ME, I pursued her and studied her. By the time, we started to talk, we hung out for months and at that time, I had a girlfriend, she wasn't really a good girlfriend to me, ditching me for parties? Pfft.

Anyways, after I got dumped by my girl, I knew the opportunity is there and I went for it. Don't you see, if it's LOVE, MOVE IT!

Sometimes you gotta love yourself before you can love others.

Sometimes you gotta love yourself before you can love others.

True.

If you hate yourself, no one will like you for who you are. They can even see that you dislike yourself in a behavior's movement or the way you talk about yourself.

BUT NOT ME, I pursued her and studied her. By the time, we started to talk, we hung out for months and at that time, I had a girlfriend, she wasn't really a good girlfriend to me, ditching me for parties? Pfft.

You just prove my point :)

Back