What is the best cell phone for first time user?

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I will be needing a new phone soon and it's getting harder to find a landline phone I can hear on. I have a Clarity landline phone now , and never had a cell phone. Can you try one for 30 days to see if you like it and can hear on it ? I would like it have a camera too but I won't be doing much more with it .

I don't think very many, if any, offer 30 days anymore. They offer either 7 days (TMobile and ATT) or 14 days (Verizon and Sprint) but you will still have to pay fees and/or a restocking fee for some of the carriers.

UGH! I forgot the restocking fee . I guess I will have use some tin cans and a string when my phone dies. :ty: for your response

I would start with something simple and cheap

There are some services that offer discounts for people over 50 years old (seniors). My parents has Consumer Cellular. It makes a big difference. I pay $50 monthly. They pay about $10 monthly.

There are some services that offer discounts for people over 50 years old (seniors). My parents has Consumer Cellular. It makes a big difference. I pay $50 monthly. They pay about $10 monthly.

I seen that ad on TV , I guess I could look into this .:ty:

@caz LOL! Yeah that sound about right what you said. I need something simple b/c I am not very good with all this tech stuff.

You could try iPhones. They might be doable. I use them to communicate with my friends and the speaker quality isnt that bad. Plus it's easy for first-timer to get into the environment without any problems

If you want a very basic phone try the Jitterbug one.

If I remember correctly, they're also hearing aid compatible.

If you want a very basic phone try the Jitterbug one.

If I remember correctly, they're also hearing aid compatible.

This what I been having trouble with finding phones hearing aid compatible. Does the Jitterbug have a camera ? I don't have a camera and miss out on cute photos of my dog or on my walks.

This what I been having trouble with finding phones hearing aid compatible. Does the Jitterbug have a camera ? I don't have a camera and miss out on cute photos of my dog or on my walks.
It looks like it does... the really old versions didn't so I googled a little--

their web site
JITTERBUG

Even Amazon has it! Not a bad price either..
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/GreatCall-Jitterbug-Plus-Operator-Red/dp/B008EGWUJQ[/ame]

At this site(the company Jitterbug belongs to I think) it shows what's included--
http://www.greatcall.com/products/jitterbug-details

Features

• Dedicated 5Star button – One-touch access to health and safety experts
  • Backlit keypad – Assists visibility in low-light areas
  • Big buttons – Large, legible numbers make dialing effortless
  • Powerful speaker – Conversations are loud and clear
  • Voice Dial – Quickly access contacts without the hassle of dialing
  • Bright color screen – Makes it easy to see phone numbers, text messages and photos
  • Easy to navigate – Simple “YES” and “NO” buttons and intuitive menus
  • Large contacts library – Store up to 200 personal contacts
  • Built-in camera – Take photos everywhere you go
  • Photo sharing – Easily share each special moment
  • Speakerphone – Lets you talk hands-free
  • Long-lasting battery – Up to 25 days of standby time
  • U.S. based operators – Available 24/7 just by dialing “0”
  • GreatCall Link – A smartphone app for caregivers that comes with select Health & Safety Packages
*They didn't mention hearing aid compatibility which is MT/T4 the highest rating possible.

Apps & Services Available
Safety Services:
  • 5Star Urgent Response
  • The Check-in Call
  • Handset Replacement

Health Services:
  • Urgent Care
  • The Wellness Call
  • Daily Health Tips
  • MedCoach

Communication Services:
  • Text Messaging
  • VoiceMail
  • International Calling

Lifestyle Services:
  • MyWorld
  • MyCalendar
  • Brain Games

What’s in the Box

• Jitterbug5 phone
  • Battery (Pre-installed)
  • Wall Charger
  • User Guides

their web site
JITTERBUG

http://www.amazon.com/GreatCall-Jitterbug-Plus-Operator-Red/dp/B008EGWUJQ

At this site(the company Jitterbug belongs to I think) it shows what's included--

Features

• Bright color screen – Makes it easy to see phone numbers, text messages and photos
  • GreatCall Link – A smartphone app for caregivers that comes with select Health & Safety Packages
*They didn't mention hearing aid compatibility which is MT/T4 the highest rating possible.

Safety Services:
  • 5Star Urgent Response
  • The Check-in Call
  • Handset Replacement

Health Services:
  • Urgent Care
  • The Wellness Call
  • Daily Health Tips
  • MedCoach

Communication Services:
  • Text Messaging
  • VoiceMail
  • International Calling

Lifestyle Services:
  • MyWorld
  • MyCalendar
  • Brain Games

What’s in the Box

• Jitterbug5 phone
  • Wall Charger
  • User Guides

:ty: ! I am going to send this link to my daughter she know how to buy things on line better than me.

their web site
JITTERBUG

http://www.amazon.com/GreatCall-Jitterbug-Plus-Operator-Red/dp/B008EGWUJQ

Features

Safety Services:
  • 5Star Urgent Response
  • The Check-in Call
  • Handset Replacement

Health Services:
  • Urgent Care
  • The Wellness Call
  • Daily Health Tips
  • MedCoach

Communication Services:
  • Text Messaging
  • VoiceMail
  • International Calling

Lifestyle Services:
  • MyWorld
  • MyCalendar
  • Brain Games

What’s in the Box

• Jitterbug5 phone
  • Wall Charger
  • User Guides

There was ad in the newspaper for this phone and it has a lot of hidden cost . You really have to read the fine print to know what you're getting.
I guess this would be true with all cell phones ?

There was ad in the newspaper for this phone and it has a lot of hidden cost . You really have to read the fine print to know what you're getting.
I guess this would be true with all cell phones ?

As good as this phone sounds, I'd still be worried if I can hear with it so hopefully you can be given a trial period to find out.......speed dial! :lol:

As good as this phone sounds, I'd still be worried if I can hear with it so hopefully you can be given a trial period to find out.......speed dial! :lol:

This is my biggest concern with buying any phone , will I be able to hear on it. My son in law as great hearing and he was having trouble hearing on his smart phone . I don't think it has a camera which I would to have.
But being able to hear on it more importance than taking photos.

I have the same problem. I also live rural, so I need a WiFi/3G plus Bluetooth capable cell phone that is a minimum 3M/3T hearing aid capable phone. I also need a large keyboard. The virtual keyboard is the only type that fits my needs as I am also low vision. .

I buy at TracFone to avoid monthly contracts. My first phone was a LG 830 / triple minutes. It has everything I needed. I paid $40. The triple minutes gives me 3 for ever 1 minute I buy. I do not live on a cell phone. This does NOT have a bad speaker phone. It is very good for what it is. But also, I cannot hear any voice not on speaker phone.

I hated the fact I had to make my phone calls public to anyone within ear shot. I found a solution that is two part. First is a land line and portable phones. I tried Clarity, AT&T and Panasonic. Clarity was a waste of money. I liked the AT&T phone except the screen in so funky and dark, that I can't see good enough to read names or incoming phone numbers at night- even with the backlight .

The Panasonic uses Dec 6.0 technology. It has a white screen, large black text I can see, and an excellent backlight at night. The speaker phone on the base, and also on the handset, sounds clear, is loud, and it is adjustable. The KX-T phones are all Bluetooth capable. These are very well built phones that take punishment and don't break. One of my sets is five years old.

As I have a fairly large house, I have two Panasonic bases and five handsets. The phone bases work together. I do not have to worry if I put the correct handset in the correct base. This is not a cheap phone. You can go to the Panasonic website and also find reconditioned phones that are discounted. I have a new set and a reconditioned set. Both are Bluetooth. I cannot tell the difference when using this phone. One of the things I learned is that most of the low cost portable phones do not work for me, and my telephone company is awful. .

Thus the first step was to find the correct portable phone for me that has a clear sound, a loud speaker, and is Bluetooth capable that makes nice with my telephone company. The next step was to find a headset that would pair with the Bluetooth phones.

My brother is profoundly deaf. We both use this headset with our portable phones and cell phones. The headset will pair with two Bluetooth devices such as two cell phones, or a combination like mine. BlueParrott® B250-XT from the Vxi Corporation.

http://www.vxicorp.com/solutions/mobile/b250-xt/

I have two of the KX -T phones. One has a base with three handsets. The second set only has two handsets.

http://shop.panasonic.com/home-and-...telephones/KX-TGH263B.html#start=1&cgid=deals

I wear aids. I can use the Blue Parrott with or without aids. I have a nearly 90% loss in one ear and almost 50% loss in the other with tinnitis and recruitment in both. Sometimes trying to hear on a bad phone, or over a bad connection is a real challenge. It is also a continuing battle with my telephone provider. None seem to want to serve deaf customers in rural America.

I forgot to add my LG phones from Tracfone averaged $50 each, with no set up fee, no contract, no smartphone tax, plus both have camera, video recorder, accessible with hearing aids, and Internet access. One uses AT&T whilst the other uses Verizon. I prefer the former where I live.

Back