Need help with Cat Breed ID...

WhiteWolves64

Reaction score
We found a free about 6 months old female kitten that is deaf but the owner lady said that this kitten have white short hair body with orange tail and ear tips thats all... We were looking for what kind breed is that? It was shown on the photo in very short time but it was removed by the owner that posted on the Craigslist. She already named her "Snowball". But we do not agree with that name for her (the female kitten) because its not pure white anymore... So, we want to rename for her for somethine else that related to her orange marking on tail and ears... I told her that i would named her as Firecracker but she was chuckling but not agree with that name for her anyway... oh darned!!!!!!! :rofl: hee hee... We tried to find it on the website to fit the description of what we looking for but all of those aren't exactly match description where we look for... It is not a ragdoll or tabby or Siamese either...

Edit: Once we get our new kitten and will photo of all three of us (me, my wife and this kitten) and her alone to show you what i am talking about... ok

Last edited:
My old deaf cat named Romeo! I miss him :( How about name her Juliet? :giggle:

You can come up with neat name when you get the kitten! Be sure you post picture! :dance2: I am sure she sooooo cute!

Congrats!!

Curious why she removed the picture?? When you will pick it up ?? :)

Experiment with names! ;)

Hmm... she's white... Snowball! (Actually, this name is sorta lame since it's commonly used in movies and most people consider it an offensive name for any pet that's white.)

Hmm... she's orange... Garfield! (Oh, that's actually a guy's name. Never mind.)

Well, since you mentioned that its tail is orange and its years are orange, then it's the tips that are orange. Call her Tipsy? (Hmm... sounds like a person who has a drinking problem.)

Just pick a name for yourself. You don't have to make the name fit the breed, the type, the color, etc.

Remember, animals usually change color when they grow older. Your cat might grow more orange or less orange... or maybe more other colors on her body. Who knows?

Giving her a name based on her color right now might not fit when she grows older. So, give it a name that will not conflict with its appearance. :)

Congrats!!

Curious why she removed the picture?? When you will pick it up ?? :)

Good question we were trying get ahold of the owner but their phones were disconnected and we did sent an e-mail to this owner from Craigslist but not heard from them yet. We are so suspicion the whole thing. She supposed to meet us at the Toy R Us parking lot yesterday as we waited for an hour and then went to animal shelter to see if they have deaf cats or kittens there but no luck... anyway during at the animal shelter, one of the black cat with white spot on the chest and her little tongue sticked out for some reason.... anyway, i tried to pet her and she accept my petting on her but once i tried to scratch her chin and then all of suddenly she bit my hand and i went hey while the animal shelter staff heard and see if i have bad bite from this cat but it was surfacial bite thats all... And i told her that i won't take this cat that bit me for no reason!!!! DANG!!!! :rifle: The cat was nicer to my wife when she pet her but scratched to the animal shelter staff trying hold the cat!!!! And then the owner posted on Craigslist to let us know that she had to pick her sick daughter that day. So we did tried to call and e-mail to this owner that we said thank you for letting us know and gave our e-mail and our phone number to her to contact us to set up meeting again but never heard from them again... And last night they removed the photos from their posting on Craigslist and also they removed "I want to talk to couple about the deaf cat" posting on Craigslist....

Jeez sound like that their post is a scam? :dunno2:

Yah?? :dunno2: too

Just reminder Everyone .. Dont give out your info and your home address too..

One of my friend victims by Ebay

I will make new thread and a story about horse trailer and eBay. ;)

My nephew gave his mother (my sis) a cat and he named it "Dog".

are you still looking for a kitten? just only a deaf cat? You could call the no kill shelters, vets and pet stores to see what they have.

are you still looking for a kitten? just only a deaf cat? You could call the no kill shelters, vets and pet stores to see what they have.

We still looking for at least 6 months old deaf kitten... we did go to animal shelter in yesterday or the day before yesterday and there is no deaf kitten or cat at all but said that come back next week or so...Never thought of vets... ummm good idea as we will check it out - Thanks for input!!! Only 4 pet stores do not carry cats or kittens even dogs or puppies GRRRRR...

Before the owner removed the photos of two kittens on Craigslist and we saw those two kittens on photos. One is Orange Tabby and the other one white body with light orange on tail and ears with blue eyes... I was looking at PetFinder.com to look for a deaf cat and saw a kitten similar to what i describe on the posting while ago.... It says Flamepoint Siamese for that kind of breed that match description. Interesting info....

okay dude- if you are clueless about where to find a deaf cat, perhaps more research would suffice for you to be able understand what it is like to adopt a deaf cat/kitten. Deaf kittens from my quick reading on the ones up for adoptions tend to be nippy from most descriptions. *wondering why* If you can't handle training nippy animals its better not to get any or have someone help you train it the right way.

Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. I already checked in my area- already easily got 3 hits for deaf kittens- sometimes they're usually listed "special needs" (its really a huge site that brings alot shelters together)

Educate yourself- if you dont want an animal that bites, dont get any thing that moves and thinks for itself especially those with beaks, tooth, claws ;)

MANY cats/kittens from the shelter would be labeled domestic breed, which means anything in the world. Its up to you to find the fun in opening the cat breed book and compare what personality your future kitten and what physical traits it has and its up to your imagination what breed its "supposed" to be.

BTW i think its cool that youre looking for a deaf kitten as many would not want to do that.

I always thought that a cat (light in color) with orange markings should be named Pog, after the famous drink in Hawaii. (Which is an orange-ish color).

You want my name and address where you can send the reward to for naming your cat?

Hee, hee, kidding of course. Enjoy your kittie, we love ours!

I always thought that a cat (light in color) with orange markings should be named Pog, after the famous drink in Hawaii. (Which is an orange-ish color).

You want my name and address where you can send the reward to for naming your cat?

Hee, hee, kidding of course. Enjoy your kittie, we love ours!

You're funny... :lol: We are planning to name her Frosty anyway.

UPDATE: The news that the owner took this kitten to vet yesterday and it turns out that she (the kitten) has parasite, but did not say anything about being deaf. So, we e-mailed to her (the owner) that if Frosty is deaf and we want to adopt her anyway when she gets well first of course. We still have the kitty litter box, kitty litter, scoop, dry cat food and bowl for her when she gets well and bring her home. And the owner hasn't respond yet from yesterday, but hopefully that she (the owner) gets her e-mail from us later on today before our appointment with V.R. at noon today to hear from her. :fingersx: We are crossing our fingers that Frosty is DEAF!!! LOL :lol:

Sound like this kitten might be Turkish Van. Very expensive and rare to get.

Hope you'll get this kitten. :)

UPDATE: The news that the owner took this kitten to vet yesterday and it turns out that she (the kitten) has parasite, but did not say anything about being deaf. So, we e-mailed to her (the owner) that if Frosty is deaf and we want to adopt her anyway when she gets well first of course. We still have the kitty litter box, kitty litter, scoop, dry cat food and bowl for her when she gets well and bring her home. And the owner hasn't respond yet from yesterday, but hopefully that she (the owner) gets her e-mail from us later on today before our appointment with V.R. at noon today to hear from her. :fingersx: We are crossing our fingers that Frosty is DEAF!!! LOL :lol:
What kind of parasite?

:fingersx: for you get kitten soon! :D

What kind of parasite?

Did not tell us what kind of parasite that Frosty is having right now... The owner is giving meds to Frosty to keep her healthy before giving her (frosty) to us but i am not sure when she will give Frosty to us..... And also did not answer my wife's question " is she deaf? or not". Still no response from the owner on e-mail!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Back