Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

The "summer part of season 1" is over, the rest of season 1 will air in early 2012

As much as I enjoy the show, I'm doubting how accurate Emmett's ability to speak was. If he hadn't had speech therapy, then started it, and two weeks later he could be easily understood. Is that accurate at all? Unless he's had speech therapy in the past and had just refused to use voice...

About the scene in the show, I liked it. He spent a while insisting that Bay HAD to sign, and otherwise refusing to be with hearing people. It got obvious that Bay was getting frustrated at his high expectations that she remember every sign she's learned right off the bat. After him going off on her, it was a nice way to show that he was going to try to meet her half way. It certainly got the point across to her that he was trying to make it work.

I'm a hearing teen extremely interested in the deaf culture and such and I've been watching Switched at Birth. I love it because of the deaf culture aspect and I find that I really like it :)

Wirelessly posted

I have been watching Switched at Birth with my family and friends and it has really opened doors to some really great conversations. People have been a lot better about talking openly and honestly instead of wasting time beating around the bush. I also feel more confident to explore my communication options and identity because of my family seeing competent, successful role models and feel more at ease supporting me in my journey. Before, the only other deaf person in the family relies on a failed implant and struggles to function.

What would AllDeaf be without all the drama?

j/k :giggle:

Well.......:lol:

Maybe a TV show should be based on AD...

Will Jillio fight with TXGolfer?

Or will Jillio fall in love with Jiro

Will Reba convince PFH to stop partying?

and so on....

:deaf:

That's a great idea! :lol: There's a webisode series based on on-line gamers who end up meeting in real life.

It's not close captioned though. :mad:

But a close captioned webisode series about the posters at All Deaf! Cool! I'd watch it. :)

Truly, I think we would be more interesting than the television show! :lol:

I have watched one episode of this series, and I must say I am like it so far(I guess it is because I am still a teen). I wished my mother was like dapne mother too. Oh......it is so ironic to see that....the non biological mother understand her more that the biological mother.

I am an adult and I looooove the show, because of all the signing and showcasing the differences between hearing and deaf culture. I hope one day they will have an episode that is totally in ASL with captions.

I actually missed the series because of conflicts in scheduling. I have put it on my quick que from Netflix so it can be streamed to my computer when I have the time to sit down and watch it without interruption.

I met Lea Thompson a few weeks ago. Lovely lady.
Apparently the rest of season 1 starts Jan 2012.
Such a long wait.

Back