How does a deaf person talk to a blind guy???

posts from hell

Reaction score
some of you have been seeing me mention a blind guy often.. Here he is. This is how I talk to him without an interpreter. I had to throw some surprise in here. (can you guys find it?) He got his new phone about 2 weeks ago, pretty neat, eh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5aSAugoaFE]YouTube - A Deaf guy talking to a blind man.[/ame]

Last edited:
:ty: for showing, that is very intriguing....I'm not technical at ALL, so does the program he's working on, take what a person types or says, and make it audible for him?
Didn't find the surprise, but I'll look again-

some of you have been seeing me mention a blind guy often.. Here he is. This is how I talk to him without an interpreter. I had to throw some surprise in here. (can you guys find it?) He got his new phone about 2 weeks ago, pretty neat, eh?

YouTube - A Deaf guy talking to a blind man.

Cool. I actually had a blind student about 3 years ago that wanted to take ASL as his foreign language. I thought that was so cool that I fought to get a tactile terp so he could.

:thumb:

a cellphone w/ actual keyboard would suit him better

I "talked" to a deaf and blind man before, using ASL in his palm. He knew his name in ASL and a few other words. It was an unusual happening for me, at a club meeting. Never forget it....

:ty: for showing, that is very intriguing....I'm not technical at ALL, so does the program he's working on, take what a person types or says, and make it audible for him?
Didn't find the surprise, but I'll look again-

he "feels" the screen and it tells him what key/icon is underneath his finger then the other finger taps to press that certain key he is on. It also speaks the entire screen out if you want it to.
The "surprise" was that the fact a blind dude is using an iphone :P

Cool. I actually had a blind student about 3 years ago that wanted to take ASL as his foreign language. I thought that was so cool that I fought to get a tactile terp so he could.

Thats cool. The uncool part is that you had to fight for accommodations.

That was fascinating to watch. So, he texts you so he can communicate with you?

You say it's an Iphone. The screen, obviously, must be in braille? Technology is amazing.

Back