ASL picture dictionary

Ania (Poland)

Reaction score
Hi :)
Does anyone know a good online ASL picture dictionary?
I'm writing a paper about Deaf culture, and I want to mention ASL poetry. Right now I'm trying to explain that there is rhyme in ASL poems just as in spoken or written poems. There is an example that I would like to use in "Linguistics of American Sign Language: An Introduction" by Clayton Valli and Ceil Lucas. They take two line from Vivienne Simmons' poem "White Rose" and discuss various kinds of rhyme that the poet uses. The two lines are

CHATTING FLOWER-EVERYWHERE, HUMBLE-ROSE-OUT-THERE
COLORFUL FLOWER-EVERYWHERE, WHITE-ROSE-OUT-THRE

I would like to prove that you can use rhyme in ASL poetry by discussing this example, but I think people who will be reading my paper would understand everything better if I added some illustrations. I tried to find pictures of the signs used in the two lines above, but couldn't find any. It's easy to find a dictionary that uses videos, but obviously I can't put the videos on paper.
Maybe you think this is a bit stupid problem, but it's not that easy to get some materials on ASL when you live outside the US. I live in Poland and basically my only source of information about ASL is the Internet. That's why I thought maybe you know some online ASL dictionary which uses pictures that I could copy and use in my paper.
That was a bit long explanation... Sorry for that... I'll be very grateful for your help. :ty:

Back