this sound like healthy food diet help loss weight????

MyNameIsNO

Reaction score
i am chubby girl and i try losing weight now. this my meal routine everyday. sound good healthy???

morning:
oatmeal mix with straswberries and blackberries
1 banana

lunch:
salad
1 cup fruits
soup

dinner:
white meat
cooked vegetable (steam)
brown rice

Sounds like a fairly good diet, are you doing any exercise?

yes howag but i need more exercise. i recent start walking and run little too. i will go get membership at gym and get personal trainer. but i not sure how often i need exercise?

I go 3 times a week, but obviously, this will depend on your schedule and how much free time you have, I wouldn't get a personal trainer tbh. A good amount of cardio and light weight workouts will do the trick.

I think sometimes some health clubs offer free training to new members. That may be all you need.

Steamed chicken, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh veggies (no salt), lots of water, no sodas ever!,,,And no "junk foods"...boiled eggs, whole grain cereal with 1 or 2% milk. Watch ur salt intake (if you do use it on ur foods)..It retains water....As for those late night "snackies"...a bowl of cereal did the trick for me (no sugar). Also tuna fish (in water only, no oil)...no mayo (it's fattening), so I chose mustard. Lots of fruit for late snackies also...absolutely NO candy bars! That was my weakness (Snickers).

I used to body build, and at age 48, I weighed 118, all muscle. 3x a week to work out is good!...I went 5x a week, tho'. And be prepared to be very, very "sore"....But it will pass....Hope you can find a partner for motivation. Doing it alone usually doesn't work. Eating 3x a day is best, small meals.

No alcohol, a few glasses of Wine is good....black coffee...ugg!..baked/boiled potatoes, no buter/sour cream/no salt...pepper was allowed.

If you don't have a steamer, a collander or food drainer will do the trick also. Just some water in a big pot, put the collander in, then fill with chicken, potatoes..a pot lid on top,,let it steam until done. The brocolli comes last, as it doesn't take as long to steam.

I maintained my weight for years...and once a month, I rewarded myself by going out to eat, especially BBQ which I loved! I no longer do this....but you're giving me to the motivation to try again!

Good Luck to you!...It takes time...within 2-3 months, you will be able to see the difference as long as you follow thru, work out, and eat healthy.

Whole world of spices besides sugar and salt, and AFAIK, they are OK for a healthy lifestyle. Start exploring.

I'm starting over again also. Chocolate is my weakness. I decided I pretty much have to quit it cold turkey except for a hot chocolate made with low fat milk every once in a while.

You know you are addicted to something if one piece is too much, yet a dozen isn't enough. :)

Last edited:
It depend on how much you eat of it and it snack a lot during the day like while on line.

It depend on how much you eat of it and it snack a lot during the day like while on line.

That is true. But its also true that some foods are more of a trigger for an out of control appetite for some people. For me it's chocolate, for others it may be salty potato chips. I can have one chip and not want another for a long time but that is definitely not true for a lot of people.

I can't just have one piece of chocolate anything except for hot chocolate.

I'm tired of yo-yoing up and down the weight scale. So ... no more chocolate for me. Except for hot chocolate, that doesn't trigger the same kind of reaction for me. Probably because I'm actually reacting to the chocolate, sugar & fat combination and when I do have hot chocolate its low-fat chocolate with additional spices -- not just sugar. I also add in cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I love cayenne pepper!

Anyway, to bring this back to the OP. Figure out if you have any out of control appetite triggers and if you do, quit them cold turkey. It is much easier to be in charge of what you eat if you avoid those foods then to just try to have a little of those foods and then try to stick to a reasonable eating plan. It's like an alcoholic trying to say he can have one drink a day. Uh, no -- not everyone can.

maybe try having a a healthy snack between your main meals to keep your metabolism going. It is best to eat every 3 hours

My weakness is cheese and that's not good when you are allergic to dairy.

Good luck. Rockin Robin had a great post there!!

thank you rockin robin. that great advice tip!!!!!! yes i avoiding on temptation sweet food like cake, cookie, pastry. that my favorite foods but i need stay away. i never touching junk food or fast food. i not like artifical food.

The example of your diet -not really good, this is going to be yo-yo effect pretty soon.

And you are going to be very soon very hungry and tired.

You need something more substantial, but low calorie.

For example,
one medium banana has about 105 calories, how satisfying a banana is?
Oatmeal - if quick - 145 cal
145 + 105 = 250 calories

with sugar and fruit , a cup can have 190 cal
190 + 105 = 295 calories

for 250 calories you can have THIS for 150 cal:
150 Calorie Recipes

for 295 calories you can have this:
300 Recipes Under 300 Calories

or

6 Inch Turkey On Wheat Sub Sandwich (Subway)
Calories: 290
Ham & Egg Sandwich (Subway)
Calories: 291
Read more: Subway Nutrition, Subway Calories, Nutritional Facts | LIVESTRONG.COM

Think how much more filled for how many more hrs you will be, how much more energy you will have if you eat THIS instead of measly oatmeal with banana.

The trick to losing way is LIFESTYLE change, EATING HABITS change FOR LIFE.

Learn how to count calories, how to combine them throughout the day so you won't get over what you can burn.
Learn what is healthy what is not.
Learn what is a "portion" (serving size), how big it should be and "portion proportion"
It should look like this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lhdeqYvgR...HYfrsOD4xE/s1600/healthy-eating-plate-700.jpg

However, do not eliminate red meat - it is important for Iron.

Losing weight if you are serious takes a bit of "science" at the beginning. You need to learn all these calories, serving size, what is healthy what not etc.
For example most popular diet food - yogurt - is not only not that healthy as it contains sugar so it is not so low low calorie,
but it is so UNsatisfying you end up eating more calories in the end because you eat yogurt AND some more food at the end of the day!

It is only good if it is incorporated into your diet, calorie wise, as a source of calcium.

But once you get a hang of it, it's easy breezy.

This way you will be able eat a variety of foods and not gain way.

Good luck with your diet!

Fuzzy

calories is bullshit, you need to understand fat burning metabolism that is important.eat lots small snacks 5x-6x day and water...but start of with rockn'robin tips first....

OH SHIT!!!!!! i bad girl bec soon will eat grandma cook delicious cuban food. i not help it :( very temptation smell good! it okay holiday 1 day eat good food ;) then after i eat i will go running burn calorie and fat. no worries.

For a healthy lifestyle, here are some of the pics of my foods at home.

Attachments

• cooking.jpg
    cooking.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 13
  • veggies.jpg
    veggies.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 10
Yes, this is very good, but the lunch meal depends on the soup you have. If you eat clam chowder, it can be fattening. You should either make your own soup with low fat broth and egg white noodles or check the back of the can for fat content.

I'm making GABA brown rice today as a matter of fact.

Also, add some salmon to your diet as well as lean, top round, steak. I use the Body for Life cookbook and I think the Mario Lopez cookbook is also good, but I have not bought it, yet(just seen some of the recipes).

Back