i ask you, what food make you good mood delete depression?

MyNameIsNO

Reaction score
give list please!!! :ty:

my:
1. grapefruit
2. mash potato and gravy
3. salad
4. all fresh fruit. i like all
5. fresh raw veggie like carrot, celery, brocoli with ranch dip
6. water with lemon slice
7. chocolate

1. Spaghetti with meat sauce
2. Mongolian beef with white rice
3. Sirloin steak with baked potato with sour cream and chives.
4. Chicken breast with sweet potato fries.
5. Grilled Swiss cheese sandwich with tomato soup.
6. Lipton chicken noodle soup from the dehydrated foil packet.

I've been told that fruits which are red tend to make people happier because of something in the colour, not sure how true it is though.

steak, chicken breast, turkey breast, bacon and eggs.

They have amino acids like tytophan that boost serotonin

I read an article saying bananas are a good food to eat when you're depressed.

I read an article saying bananas are a good food to eat when you're depressed.

Yeah, because they are packed with potassium, which plays an important roll in mood. Research shows that a deficiency in potassium correlates with increased feelings of depression and anxiety.

no, on the serious side, it would be bananas (yes its the potassium), pizzas, hamburgers (but im very picky which ones so i select those with low sodium, meaning not so much sauce or 'experiment which shops'), and seafood, i really like Shrimp rolls...and ...licorice even rashberry twists yum yum
oh vanilla yogerts esp with the pods, or any french foods with vanilla pods...mousse...ginger... ice creams...any thing really

and no im not fat

Interesting about potassium re moods. There is K10 which is a liquid. Anyone with "low levels of potassium" can take everyday.

It still give you lack mood when something is required to cook.

My simple and healthy mood is have either sour apple or baby carrot.

I'm less likely to eat if I am not myself. I enjoy lots of specific foods, but none of them are connected to a bad mood. My food choices are usually influenced by cravings and availability.

I've found that it's not the actual food so much as the process of making it that helps with depression. For me, getting ready to cook is an event that should be enjoyed, grab a glass of wine and crank up the mp3 player (for deaf substitute something like video). Whenever you are doing something you enjoy it helps, IMO.

Although, the food is good too. And, certain drinks can alter depression as well. I find coffee sometimes makes me feel better when I'm not feeling good.

If I am feeling tired and down, I go for a glass of freshly juiced fruits and vegetables with a touch of fresh ginger. All those nutrients and minerals coursing through my body really elevates the mood.

Back