The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to all of your sources, the Codex Sinaiticus was written during the 4th century. So it can't have been written during his life time.

I can't claim to have read more than a page of the Koran but I should point out that Islam wasn't founded till about 600 years after the death of Jesus. That alone is hardly proof of his existence.

As for Pliny the Younger's reference to Jesus in a letter to Emperor Trajan, the letter is not considered acceptable historical evidence due to the fact it was written around 112 AD. There isn't any contemporary written account of Jesus that is widely accepted by the majority of Biblical scholars.

So you want to quibble with history. Ok, IKE and PETER were leaders and had aides who write letters and kept notes. So if you want to dismiss PETERS aide, you must dismiss IKE's aide. And to do that you have really lost your marbles.

I'm not really worried since I never had my marbles to start with. :lol:

There are no real winners when discussing the truth or myth of the bible. I'm content to let the real scholars bicker and fight this one out. I know what I believe and what is in my heart. Its not the book, it's not the established religious groups, its not the people here in Alldeaf that decide that for me. The more I read the more I wonder if Christianity has really been a gift to our world. I was just reading an article in National Geographic where the KJV Bible is lifting people out of slavery and into a whole new kind of slavery where preachers have unquestioned loyalty and God like control. The only part about religion I agree with is the diversity of religions around the world. Never let any one group achieve control or dominance, ever.

Think about it, if you have a few billion years to make what you want to make, diversity is your best friend!

I like that, the diversity of religions, Cheetah. That, to me, is important.
There are so many religious and spiritual traditions around the world and there isn't any One True Way.
what people do with the various religions and spiritualities can be gifts to the world - or not. They can be nightmares.
true Love has no opposite

Quite obviously, it doesn't.:cool2:
Quite obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.

If it's official and service wide, it does. If officers are doing it on their own, they're doing it without legal sanction. It can't be both ways.

Where does it say anywhere that this so-called indoctrination against Iraqis is being done officially, and service wide?

[looks at topic]

What does one's personal opinion of the current Commander and Chief, the policy of said Chief about demonizing or not demonizing the enemy -have to do with homosexuality?

Or religion, any religion? Many religions disagree with the homosexual life- some say nothing, others take a 'we don't care' approach...

[/looks at topic]

However understand this:

One CAN disagree with the lifestyle and still support the individuals' right to have the lifestyle at the expense of no one- or the right to control one's own body at the expense of one other (possibly more but statistically one).

One can support a system where everyone gets the chance to choose to rehabilitate or choose to live a life apart (therapy/service/jail)- now if I could only figure out a way to do it for real... without the possibility of condemning an innocent

One can support legislated unequal treatment to promote equality...

---
I understand what is printed in the English bible, I even have a set of some of the 'missing books' they are enlightening and good reads. Powerful women, controversial tactics, "witches" and other people that holy men aren't suppose to talk to actually helping out...

Here is an interesting read... IS THE BIBLE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY?

------------

Quite obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.

If it's official and service wide, it does. If officers are doing it on their own, they're doing it without legal sanction. It can't be both ways.

Where does it say anywhere that this so-called indoctrination against Iraqis is being done officially, and service wide?

Oh, I see. It has to be written down somewhere and sanctioned to be occuring?
Riiiight.:roll:

[looks at topic]

What does one's personal opinion of the current Commander and Chief, the policy of said Chief about demonizing or not demonizing the enemy -have to do with homosexuality?

Or religion, any religion? Many religions disagree with the homosexual life- some say nothing, others take a 'we don't care' approach...

[/looks at topic]

However understand this:

One CAN disagree with the lifestyle and still support the individuals' right to have the lifestyle at the expense of no one- or the right to control one's own body at the expense of one other (possibly more but statistically one).

One can support a system where everyone gets the chance to choose to rehabilitate or choose to live a life apart (therapy/service/jail)- now if I could only figure out a way to do it for real... without the possibility of condemning an innocent

One can support legislated unequal treatment to promote equality...

---
I understand what is printed in the English bible, I even have a set of some of the 'missing books' they are enlightening and good reads. Powerful women, controversial tactics, "witches" and other people that holy men aren't suppose to talk to actually helping out...

Here is an interesting read... IS THE BIBLE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY?

------------

That was an interesting read.

1000AD minus 400AD equals 600 year gap. Not 1,400.

Never said they were worshipped as gods.

When you have a preponderance of historical evidences supported from multiple independent sources, personal writings, and eye witnesses accounts from people regarding a particular historical figure then you have documented evidence that a person actually existed. How do you know Matthew existed? Luke? Paul? Mark? Etc? The same for many, many historical figures of antiquity. Did Moses exist? What about certain Roman aristocrats? Greek philosophers?

Did Aristotle ever existed? What about Plato or Socrates? How can you be so sure? Aristotle lived in 450 B.C. to 385 B.C. He is a philosopher. He writes. The oldest document from Aristotle is from 900 A.D. even though he wrote in 400 B.C. and so we have gap of 1,300 years from the time when he wrote to the oldest surviving manuscript. There are several copies of those manuscripts.

What about Sophocles? A playwright and poet. He did his writings around 400 AD. Yet his oldest surviving manuscript is around 1000 AD. That is a gap of 1400 years. There are about 100 copies of it.

When you have a preponderance of evidences from independent sources regarding historical figures then they are your historical evidences that are solid and true.

Oh, I see. It has to be written down somewhere and sanctioned to be occuring?
Riiiight.:roll:
Please pay attention.

Repeat:

"If it's official and service wide, it does. If officers are doing it on their own, they're doing it without legal sanction. It can't be both ways."

Yes, it does have to be written down and signed in order to be legal. Just about every sentence in every military document has a number. I should know. I've filed and updated enough of them. (TCS has, too.)

There is a military reg for everything.

If officers are carrying out this so-called indoctrination against Iraqis, they are breaking military law, and should be held accountable.

Please pay attention.

Repeat:

"If it's official and service wide, it does. If officers are doing it on their own, they're doing it without legal sanction. It can't be both ways."

Yes, it does have to be written down and signed in order to be legal. Just about every sentence in every military document has a number. I should know. I've filed and updated enough of them. (TCS has, too.)

There is a military reg for everything.

If officers are carrying out this so-called indoctrination against Iraqis, they are breaking military law, and should be held accountable.

It's being done. Just as it has been done in every war.:roll:

Just because an agent acts outside his authority doesn't mean that the principal is not legally responsible.

It's being done. Just as it has been done in every war.:roll:
Obama can't monitor the front lines but no worry . . . he has you to sit in at every briefing in the Iraq war theater to report what's going on. :lol:

WHY are bothering with Obama?!

Unless something useful to homosexuality passed both House and Senate and is about to be vetoed or signed... I'm not interested.

Power is in Congress- they are all crooks/politicians... they are intrenched and enshrined...

Obama can't monitor the front lines but no worry . . . he has you to sit in at every briefing in the Iraq war theater to report what's going on. :lol:

I have the feeling Obama is aware of our military going a bit overboard on their missions. For example, it is practically standard procedure for soldiers to carry "drop weapons" in case they kill an unarmed civilian. This has been going on in all wars, something else I am sure he knows. Where are the written regs for that?

I don't have to. I talk with the returning veterans who have great difficulty functioning when they return thanks to what they were subjected to.:cool2: Their sheer numbers belies your claims that it doesn't happen. It happens, and it happens on a consistent basis.

There are a lot of military contractors acting on behalf of the U.S. military. Lawyers, start your engines! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back