Hearing Aids

dreamer90

Reaction score
hearing aids makes things louder, it doesnt make people speak CLEARER...i stopped using it years ago.

Hearing aids I wear, makes things louder and clearer. I wear them on a daily basis. I do take breaks from them in the evening, since it can become overstimulating.

Guess it varies, depending on the individual.

hearing aids makes things louder, it doesnt make people speak CLEARER...i stopped using it years ago.

Hearing aids I wear, makes things louder and clearer. I wear them on a daily basis. I do take breaks from them in the evening, since it can become overstimulating.

Guess it varies, depending on the individual.

same what babyblue says so. I still wear my HA.

Hearing aid wearers, unite!!
21e8col.gif

To dreamer90
I hate my hearing aids i hate when people look at them and i hate the way they sound ,but i need them ..its a love hate relationship...we need them for sound Sound Awareness....some of us need them but hate them..i have kids so i need to know .. whats going on around me ,and live in the city...

It depends on this. The kind of hearing aid you are using. Analog? Digital? The programming you have. The amount of time you have spent tweaking it. It is time consuming to get the right fitting, but well worth it in the long run. I had maybe, 20 or so more programmings until I reached the right golden spot.

What are you using now? Good to see you back, by the way. I remember you were having difficulties with your previous aids.

Think I ran into you on another thread, nice to be missed IYSWIM. :giggle: I got fed up with everything for a while cos everyone seemed to have nice hearing aids that did all sorts of things and mine... well, could have thrown them on the ground and rolled my wheelchair over them repeatedly until they were ground to dust. The old audi had this weird idea of averaging the loss across all frequencies to decide how powerful an aid is required, which left me ludicrously underpowered and her claim was the problem was caused by me wanting an OVER powerful hearing aid! Since i have a 70dB gap between my best and worst frequencies I have no idea what she was playing at taking an average. :shock:

I got changed to a Nathos SP now, which is a Naida V SP rebranded for the UK health service and fiddled with internally so it's not compatible with private iPFG programming. I have good thresholds in high frequencies but because of distortion and recruitment I have no usable hearing. If I can hear it it hurts me and all noises above 2kHz sound identical anyway. I got set up with enough power and the Soundrecover on so I can hear high frequencies without feeling like I just got shot in the auditory nerve. It almost actually means something!

candybrowneyes - I've been trying to reach you! I've spent a couple hours trying to get in this forum and loading AIM to see if I could reach you. I saw a very old post you had about some HP-53P hearing aids you had. Do you still have them? Please email me at sup3rrm0m@yahoo.com.

candybrowneyes - I've been trying to reach you! I've spent a couple hours trying to get in this forum and loading AIM to see if I could reach you. I saw a very old post you had about some HP-53P hearing aids you had. Do you still have them? Please email me at sup3rrm0m@yahoo.com.

She does not hang out here much anymore....try PM and it should go to her email.

Thanks Green - I don't have the option to send a private message to her. In looking at the FAQs - either she has disabled it or the administrator has disabled me from using it. Do you know how I can reach the administrator to check it out on my end?

Thanks Green - I don't have the option to send a private message to her. In looking at the FAQs - either she has disabled it or the administrator has disabled me from using it. Do you know how I can reach the administrator to check it out on my end?
I think you need X number of posts before you can PM anyone.

Back