Multiple Sclerosis

SignMan

Reaction score
Hello, I recently was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Does anyone have MS / Multiple Sclerosis? I was raised hearing, losing some hearing in left ear.

Last edited:
hi SignMan, I'm going through some medical issues myself but MS wasn't very likely for me. Be patient I'm sure someone on here who has MS can give you more support. But remember not to be scared, or anything. Your not alone and theres TONS of support here.

physican health issues probelm can't full time because job I know my counsillor told me she have MS

My brother in law has MS ( for 2 years now) and he is living on SSDI now but no medicare yet. Costly to get shot, no $ for it yet. 3 thousand dollars a month for medicines to prevent farther damages. He sometime get blind, sometime not feeling right side of arm or leg. Stay away from hot shower, no more driving car and depression, I think. I am so sorry you have it. Terrible way to have it.

You can still drive with MS. My grandmother has had MS for 20+ years and she has her bad days and she does have handicapped parking due to her trouble with walking far and her mobility but other than her hips she lives perfectly fine everyday with her MS

You can still drive with MS. My grandmother has had MS for 20+ years and she has her bad days and she does have handicapped parking due to her trouble with walking far and her mobility but other than her hips she lives perfectly fine everyday with her MS

Yep. There are several different forms of MS. One of them goes into remission for long periods of time with few to no symptoms during the periods of remission.

My sister has MS. I heard that if you got MS before you are 40, it would be worse than if you got it after 40. My sister got it when she was 40. She doesn't drive anymore and get around on a 4-prong cane. She can eat alot but still stay very skinny. Her daughter is taking care of her.

I have a friend who was diagnosed with MS about 10 years ago. She was 35. At first, she was bedbound and on oxygen due to underlying issues that she has. After about 6 months they were finally able to work out some meds for her. She is back up and working again as a mobile X-ray technician. Last I heard, she was doing very well as long as she keeps her weight in a specific range (she has problems gaining weight) and regular bloodwork to make sure her meds are working right. I know this X-Ray machine she moves around is one heavy sucker, but she is able to load and unload it in her van multiple times each night.

Not if your blind alike my brother in law, is it okay to drive then all of sudden all thing went to blackness? Unless he gets treatment for it and stay in remission so right now he is not driving at all while he has it.

My brother in law has MS ( for 2 years now) and he is living on SSDI now but no medicare yet. Costly to get shot, no $ for it yet. 3 thousand dollars a month for medicines to prevent farther damages. He sometime get blind, sometime not feeling right side of arm or leg. Stay away from hot shower, no more driving car and depression, I think. I am so sorry you have it. Terrible way to have it.
Hello suggest try Shared Solutions nurses 800.887.8100 8a-8p EST, there may be funding from them for persons to obtain medicine. Ty
tharper421@aol.com

at 40

I was 4 months from my 41st birthday.

My sister has MS. I heard that if you got MS before you are 40, it would be worse than if you got it after 40. My sister got it when she was 40. She doesn't drive anymore and get around on a 4-prong cane. She can eat alot but still stay very skinny. Her daughter is taking care of her.

Not if your blind alike my brother in law, is it okay to drive then all of sudden all thing went to blackness? Unless he gets treatment for it and stay in remission so right now he is not driving at all while he has it.

you didn't say in your original post that he goes blind ...not everyone has vision problems. You can't tell the OP no more driving, hot showers, etc if you don't know the OP's symptoms and their specific MS

you didn't say in your original post that he goes blind ...not everyone has vision problems. You can't tell the OP no more driving, hot showers, etc if you don't know the OP's symptoms and their specific MS

Sure she did. See the bold. I have known several people who had MS in the severe form , and ended badly handicapped and then died from the effects.

It doesn't happen to everyone, but there isn't any need to pretend it's a bed of roses.

I am sorry for being blunt, I did not like her saying everyone still can drive when my brother in law was only 50 and has to stop working for good. You think it is easy for any man to become disabled and not be able to work ever. And he is not getting any treatment because of costly. It angers me that our government did not do any good for people who paid their taxes years and not get one help from them. He goes blind once in awhile because he is not getting any treatments so right now he can not drive. I will leave this alone. We have to deal with this with OP or not or anyone because it is part of our life now for few years. Hot water made him go blind, so only warm and he has to get rid of spa because he can not use it. It is rare for any man who got MS after 50. For your information, my mil was very upset and cried when she learned about her son's condition. It is worst news for anyone in the family. Leave me alone and I have right to say stuffs.

I am sorry for being blunt, I did not like her saying everyone still can drive when my brother in law was only 50 and has to stop working for good. You think it is easy for any man to become disabled and not be able to work ever. And he is not getting any treatment because of costly. It angers me that our government did not do any good for people who paid their taxes years and not get one help from them. He goes blind once in awhile because he is not getting any treatments so right now he can not drive. I will leave this alone. We have to deal with this with OP or not or anyone because it is part of our life now for few years. Hot water made him go blind, so only warm and he has to get rid of spa because he can not use it. It is rare for any man who got MS after 50. For your information, my mil was very upset and cried when she learned about her son's condition. It is worst news for anyone in the family. Leave me alone and I have right to say stuffs.

Sorry for your brothers problem. But the reality is that almost no condition and disease works in the same way. I think it's great that people on here are giving the OP advice but what your brother goes through is what HE is going through, not what everyone else may go through. I see people everyday in the hospital who have the same diagnosis but they experience it in VERY different ways. And no I don't think it's easy for anyone to be diagnosed with something that Can be very debilitating but the reality of life is that it happens and yes it's unfortunate but you have to just roll with the punches and hope for the best.

YourOttawaRegion Article: Meaghan

Home : National MS Society
this is the national ms society in the states there are also other organizations that people with MS can contact for MS resources

MS in particular seems to be a very variable disease. A friend of mine, now in her mid-40's, was diagnosed with it a few years ago. She had one really bad episode, could not move, had to be cared for by friends and a nurse, was paralyzed on one side. Then she got over it, went into remission, and basically is fine now. She still has the disease in her system, but shows absolutely no symptoms at all.

On the other hand, an older cousin of mine also has it, was diagnosed many years ago. She is in a wheelchair and will never walk more than a few steps ever again. She needs a lot of assistance with her daily life.

Her sister, a few years younger, was diagnosed with it more recently, walks with a cane, and while she needs some help, she mostly gets along pretty well.

I don't know how well doctors can predict which version a person is going to have. I guess people basically deal with the symptoms as they come up, and try to plan ahead as best they can.

MS in particular seems to be a very variable disease. A friend of mine, now in her mid-40's, was diagnosed with it a few years ago. She had one really bad episode, could not move, had to be cared for by friends and a nurse, was paralyzed on one side. Then she got over it, went into remission, and basically is fine now. She still has the disease in her system, but shows absolutely no symptoms at all.

On the other hand, an older cousin of mine also has it, was diagnosed many years ago. She is in a wheelchair and will never walk more than a few steps ever again. She needs a lot of assistance with her daily life.

Her sister, a few years younger, was diagnosed with it more recently, walks with a cane, and while she needs some help, she mostly gets along pretty well.

I don't know how well doctors can predict which version a person is going to have. I guess people basically deal with the symptoms as they come up, and try to plan ahead as best they can.

MS does not manifest the same in any 2 persons. Additionally, there are various types of MS which will direct the course of the disease. You are describing the remitting/relapsing form of MS in your friend, which is the mildest form.

hello:
i hope this finds everyone well.

i am a person living w/RRMS.
i was diagnosed in june of 2000.
i was not even 30yrs old.

for "signman" the OP for this thread contact the georgia chapter for the NMSS.
they are a great help.
i live in georgia too and they helped me.

MS is a designer disease.

there are some things that are academic for all who have it.
BUT.... .
most of us have very unique symtoms.
i am now taking part in the OHSU study on diet and chronic illness.

does anyone follow the dr. mcdougall diet?

i am sorryabout your hearing loss.

i am a person who loves deaf culture.
i studied ASL for two yrs and i would love to continue.
i'd also like to take an SSL class.
GL

hello:
i hope this finds everyone well.

i am a person living w/RRMS.
i was diagnosed in june of 2000.
i was not even 30yrs old.

for "signman" the OP for this thread contact the georgia chapter for the NMSS.
they are a great help.
i live in georgia too and they helped me.

MS is a designer disease.

there are some things that are academic for all who have it.
BUT.... .
most of us have very unique symtoms.
i am now taking part in the OHSU study on diet and chronic illness.

does anyone follow the dr. mcdougall diet?

i am sorryabout your hearing loss.

i am a person who loves deaf culture.
i studied ASL for two yrs and i would love to continue.
i'd also like to take an SSL class.
GL

:ty: Thank you for confirming, as an actual person diagnosed with RRMS, what was stated in my above post. I hope this finds you in a period of remission rather than relapse.:wave:

Back