Illegal to feed homeless people all over USA

dont feed them they die starvation problem solved but very harsh

Ugh. Last spring every time I went to go grocery shopping there'd be an old homeless man with a cane begging at the entrance if the parking lot. When I'd finish my shopping I'd check to see if he was still there, if he was I'd look through my bags and break off a couple bananas and I started picking up a cold bottle if water for him too in case he was still there. I'd pass then out my window on my way out. I don't know if myrtle beach has laws against it but I think I'd have been okay. Those laws seem to target sharing/donating to large groups, which is even worse!!

Once the weather got hot he didn't do it anymore.

it hard call....i seen beggars on london underground with babies which wrong they drug the baby and sit between platforms people falling over them. cos in this country a woman and child will be housed and fed by law..
i go nr ireland alot and see same ones begging year in and out Belfast do it in gangs mostly east european..
i am prepared to buy them food but that is all..we have a woman here who begs she do few days in east london then gets £50 train ticket comes down to my town and begs outside the expensive shops..i could not afford couple of hundred quid travel my town two three times a week i caught her out she buggers off back when she sused...maybe that what your country thinking about the ones who screw system

do you like to see panhandlers around you?
That's not what the OP is about. It's about arresting a person with a good heart for feeding a homeless person whenever he/she wants to. Many homeless people are not panhandlers. Get it?

ohhhhhhhh arresting the one who helping thought meant the begger,that is harsh

That's not what the OP is about. It's about arresting a person with a good heart for feeding a homeless person whenever he/she wants to.
good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health hazard.

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

Many homeless people are not panhandlers. Get it?
...... and?

good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health hazard.

when you keep giving out, they don't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

...... and?

Do you realize that a large portion of homeless suffer mental illnesses, they're incapable of "working" for it.

Do you realize that a large portion of homeless suffer mental illnesses, they're incapable of "working" for it.

from where I live... a large portion of homeless people are gimme-gimme-gimme bums

That's not what the OP is about. It's about arresting a person with a good heart for feeding a homeless person whenever he/she wants to. Many homeless people are not panhandlers. Get it?

I have sympathy for homeless people who suffered from mental illness, economic (job loss, can't find replacement, job discrimination), family issue (disown because of gay, lesbian, bisexual) and domestic violence. There are many homeless people are veteran. :(

I know some homeless people do have job but can't afford to rent the property, especially in California.

How do you know this?

after over 20 years living in here.... you just know

and we already have hundreds of organizations to help people in need. that's why you rarely see homeless people with children on the street.

Jiro is a Korean Romney. That's understandable. :lol:

must be nice living in a luxury with 72" tv and gorging yourself with sodas and hamburgers, criticizing me instead of helping other people.

my friends and I are attempting to organize a meet sometimes later this month or next month to hand out food to homeless people.

must be nice living in a luxury with 72" tv and gorging yourself with sodas and hamburgers, criticizing me instead of helping other people.

my friends and I are attempting to organize a meet sometimes later this month or next month to hand out food to homeless people.

After you just talked about how people shouldn't give food to homeless people because it enables them?

As someone who spent childhood having to squat in an abandoned house and never having anything actually cooked and healthy to eat, I'm against prohibiting people from helping their fellow people out. Nobody is saying give everyone begging cash, but at least give some food or offer to buy them a meal.

If they are panhandlers, they likely will insist on cash, but if they are in need, I doubt they will decline your offer of paying for their meal or handing them a bit of food.

If this law actually passed or passes, I say the correct path is a little civil disobedience.

Back