what did you get for Christmas?

Christmas was also my birthday!

I got cash this year as since I'm going on a cruise, I could use it for some of the expenses and fun little things. VERY much appreciated. (and the cruise is one I kept having to cancel and put off for well over 5 years - so I am thrilled to finally be able to go!)

@whatdidyousay: Dont feel too bad! My aunt got my family a poop-scooper for christmas. :lol: My family are hicks and dog shit everywhere in garage. Jest gross.

Git this, I got 32 inch flat-screen samsung tv for my room. :rockon:

My list:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes dvd
50 dollar bill
Notre Dame pjs
Notre Dame shirt
Notre Dame collection shot-glass
Walmart and Best Buy gift cards (75 dollars total)

I had a nice christmas. :)

Oops! I forgot one.

My daughter gave me this one early. It's a squirrel ornament. She knows that I have a love/hate relationship with my yard squirrels. :lol:

Attachments

• squirrel1.jpg
    squirrel1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
Your daughter's artwork. Is it glass mosaic, paint, tiles, pieces of paper, etc. That is, what materials did she use?

Oh, they're pieces of paper. My daughter painted with different colors on paper. Cut them up into triangles and used them to make the horse art. The paint has a glossy look and feel to it.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

kokonut said:
Your daughter's artwork. Is it glass mosaic, paint, tiles, pieces of paper, etc. That is, what materials did she use?

Oh, they're pieces of paper. My daughter painted with different colors on paper. Cut them up into triangles and used them to make the horse art. The paint has a glossy look and feel to it.

Very clever and effective. The result is beautiful. :)

Certainly is. Beautiful use of color. I love all the gradations of blue in the background, and the "halo" effect around the horse. Very well done.

@whatdidyousay: Dont feel too bad! My aunt got my family a poop-scooper for christmas. :lol: My family are hicks and dog shit everywhere in garage. Jest gross.

Git this, I got 32 inch flat-screen samsung tv for my room. :rockon:

My list:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes dvd
50 dollar bill
Notre Dame pjs
Notre Dame shirt
Notre Dame collection shot-glass
Walmart and Best Buy gift cards (75 dollars total)

I had a nice christmas. :)
Well I am not a hick and do not have poop everywhere. Marty does not like to poop in his own yard. He is too clean to that ! Just my luck to get a dog that is a 'Martha Stewart' when is come to pooping!! I feel bad as MY daughter gave her mother in law nicer gifts !

Well I am not a hick and do not have poop everywhere. Marty does not like to poop in his own yard. He is too clean to that ! Just my luck to get a dog that is a 'Martha Stewart' when is come to pooping!! I feel bad as MY daughter gave her mother in law nicer gifts !
You know, it could be that your daughter feels that she has to try harder to please her MIL because MIL is more picky and critical, and your daughter is more comfortable and casual with you. :dunno:

Mostly stuff I bought with cash I received and a gift card from Bass Pro. I bought a pair of motorcycle boots off Craigslist for $40 that sell for $74! Bought a couple of new CRKT knives (I collect knives)! New fishin' pole with reel, skeet hand thrower and LED head light for my head! New Victory motorcycle beanie and ball cap from my brother. Blessed beyond measure!

Happy Birthday

Christmas was also my birthday!

I got cash this year as since I'm going on a cruise, I could use it for some of the expenses and fun little things. VERY much appreciated. (and the cruise is one I kept having to cancel and put off for well over 5 years - so I am thrilled to finally be able to go!)

Sorry I'm a little late. But, HAPPY BITYHDAY!! Where are you going on your cruise? How fun. I went on one to the Caribbean 10years ago. It was so much fun. Good luck!!!:angel:

My Presents:

some clothings
a B&N gift card
Smallville's 10th season on dvd
a book about dogs
an iPad2

The best "thing" of all was that some family drove 6 hours with two small kids and a little dog in a rented car just to come visit. It was just awesome. Hugs abounded and lots of good cooking. I also got chocolate, a huggy toy, a new charm for my bracelet and even more hugs. It was the best.

I was pretty good spending to my dad treating to my heart feeling to warm! my father buidling to my father treat to almost to copy to my mom adjust memory I am surprised my father change wonderful I was very wonderful my dad is very heart I am happy he really change really impressive, my sister 2 and brother 1 also sister in law and brother in law lots of spirtual, my nephew with I with enjoy with chat to communication to video games he exciting, pretty good enjoy wonderful! joyful good hear resolve! no anxiety, He seems great happy I am very happy I spending to wholes on my family spiritual! I hope be on my feeling happy heart warm comfortable family really impressive I love on my value on my family grow change , my sister older relationship knew me great wonderful improve communication final I am happy :)! I am happy I do love on all wholes on my family both friends values I said does love means wisdom important to love heart your advise!

I think you may had feel difference about getting poop bags from your
daughter if you saw that she gave nicer gifts to her mother in law! This is what hurt the most!! My daughter put more thought into the things she brought for her husband's mother than her own mother!

Ya know there is another way to look at that..... Perhaps it is a sign of your daughter's confidence in her bond with you while at the same time showing insecurity in the relationship with her M-I-L.

The "poop bags" may have been well meaning as well. I know I try to buy gifts based on people's hobbies and it's no secret to anyone here that Marty is a big part of your life.

Of course I could be wrong....

tcs gave me a face warmer for wearing under my helmet, a book of pearls before swine cartoons, a micro-size clip-on flashlight, a mini whitman's sampler, a carrying case for my sewing machine, and two yankee candles.

Daughter's family gave me slippers, crab/lobster tea light cup, copper cat's tail wind chimes, glass christmas tree ornaments (grandsons picked out, cheeseburger, slice of pizza, and a girl gator wearing a grass skirt outfit, supposedly me) and gourmet meal worms and holder for the birds.

best.....gift.....ever!!!!

You know, it could be that your daughter feels that she has to try harder to please her MIL because MIL is more picky and critical, and your daughter is more comfortable and casual with you. :dunno:

I didn't see this before I posted...... Brilliant minds!!!

Of course we BOTH could be wrong. :)

I got to reconnect with my East Coast Italian family, some of whom I'd never met, and others I hadn't seen since I was a baby and/or small child. We had a lasagna dinner with lots of Italian specialties.

My cousin made me a batch of cookies using my grandmother's special snowball and butter cookie recipes. Then, she gave me the recipe cards that my grandmother had typed up years ago on her typewriter. It meant so much to me, since I have just a few things of my grandmother. My other cousin made a jar of tomato sauce and told the story of how my grandmother taught her and all the women in the families how to make tomato sauce when they were girls. Was all I could do to choke down the lump in my throat.

I did live close to my grandparents toward the end of their lives, but they had become old frail at that point. My grandmother had already started developing Alzheimer's and my grandfather had had a stroke and could not talk, so I never really got to see what they were like in their prime. It was a gift to hear my cousins' stories and eat the same food my grandmother would have made for Christmases past.

Everything else I got is just replaceable bullshit.

Back