How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now feeling maybe I should not have come on this trip. I'm in so much pain it's making me throw up. Tomorrow I am definitely staying put and not going to make myself feel guilty for not participating. Plus they all have been drinking wine and laughing at stuff that I don't find very funny.

Have to feel better for my meet up with Mark on Friday.

Same here. I think yesterday's bike ride out west may have done something to my back, because there was a LOT of construction on Lawrence, which required me to constantly look back to make sure I had room to move. Don't think I'll be riding that way again for a while. Hope you are feeling better by tomorrow.

not so good broke arm/thumb 6weeks ago came out of plaster last week,then Monday I trip fall brake same bones again and tip of jaw,,very pissed about it

blah about going to work. I want to retire.

My back feels much better now. Still though-- wise to take it easy, and be ready for tomorrow.

Sorry, I'm such a complainer lately. I have a muscle condition called Dystonia. It's extremely painful. If I am careful, rest up and do very little, I can manage. But the flight out to Chicago last night, waiting around at the airport then going out for dinner tonight was just way way way too much for me. Plus we went to visit my father-in-law for almost two hours at the nursing home. My body is screaming in pain. I'm laying in bed with ice packs while the rest of the group is drinking wine and chit chatting. All this has just made me fully realize the traveling is just too hard for me. I'm doing my very best so that my hubby has a good time with all of his siblings. More relatives flying in tomorrow night.

that a rough thing to have,are they using the botox injections yet...I go to a self help meetings about epilepsy and the dystonia group in next room we all meet at break time they talked to me about condition many of them in awful pain...you not a complainer what make you say that and it good to have little vent and this thread for that

not so good broke arm/thumb 6weeks ago came out of plaster last week,then Monday I trip fall brake same bones again and tip of jaw,,very pissed about it

Oh, Caz, so sorry, I don't blame you for being pissed. Wishing a speedy recovery and no more falls!! Falls are so dangerous, I still still have a painful injury from a fall off the cellar stairs about 10 years ago.

Angel, you're not complaining. It's perfectly ok to vent here. We all have our stuff and it's nice we can let it out here. I feel for you. Gentle hugs!

Sorry, I'm such a complainer lately. I have a muscle condition called Dystonia. It's extremely painful. If I am careful, rest up and do very little, I can manage. But the flight out to Chicago last night, waiting around at the airport then going out for dinner tonight was just way way way too much for me. Plus we went to visit my father-in-law for almost two hours at the nursing home. My body is screaming in pain. I'm laying in bed with ice packs while the rest of the group is drinking wine and chit chatting. All this has just made me fully realize the traveling is just too hard for me. I'm doing my very best so that my hubby has a good time with all of his siblings. More relatives flying in tomorrow night.

Your Dystonia sounds horrible, sorry you have that. You were brave to even take the trip. So, just take it easy the rest of the time, and don't feel guilty about what you have to sit out. More gentle hugs coming your way.

Sad after seeing a whole bunch of dead squirrels run over just outside of my driveway. I wish people would slow down!!!
People in my neighborhood try to avoid hitting squirrels but sometimes the squirrels themselves seem to have a death wish. Just when you think it's safe to go on, they'll turn and run right into the car.

There's a limit to what drivers can do with squirrels, no matter how slowly they drive.

today my feeling is happiness ! yes, I discovered the written pronunciation of the phrase "au ar iù filin todei" :D

Right now feeling maybe I should not have come on this trip. I'm in so much pain it's making me throw up. Tomorrow I am definitely staying put and not going to make myself feel guilty for not participating. Plus they all have been drinking wine and laughing at stuff that I don't find very funny.

Have to feel better for my meet up with Mark on Friday.
I'm sorry you're not enjoying your trip. I hope it gets better.

. . . All this has just made me fully realize the traveling is just too hard for me. I'm doing my very best so that my hubby has a good time with all of his siblings. More relatives flying in tomorrow night.
I can empathize with you, although my physical problems aren't so bad as yours.

It's too bad that your relatives aren't making things easier for you.

Oh, no! Is there something you could do to prevent falls?

Feeling well & happy....still counting the days until I get this Picline out of my arm....Ears are not draining so far....(only fluid) here and there....I still cannot blow my nose as they blocked off the tube...so knocking on wood I don't catch a cold or I'll be *sniffing* all the time....

reba, for caz12 I would recommend to tie the pillows on the body, so that when it falls, at least falls on soft .... :D

Note to self: best not to try and inject some humor when dead animals are involved. But I do agree that some people don't care about wildlife and that is a shame.

Here is a quick but true story. My dad lives in a wetland area and a couple of summers ago was getting over run with chipmunks in his backyard. So he went about trapping them and taking them down the road a mile or so and released them in a field. He released over 50 in all

After all that he somehow got talking to a guy about chipmunks and the guy told my dad he was getting lots of them in his yard. My dad asked where he lived. Turns out his house was just beyond the field my dad was releasing them in. My dad said he just thought uh oh after hearing that at the time and didn't have the stomach to tell the guy it was probably his fault.

LOL! That happen here . There a was 11 acres of land behind my condo and was used as farm land for years . And the wildlife had an all you can buffet for years this ended then the land went up for sale . I became over
grown with weeds and grass and the wildlife took over. Now the field is gone
and the wildlife moved into my condo yard. So we have more rabbits and chipmunks than ever. Any they're losing their natural fear of people which is not good.

Oh, no! Is there something you could do to prevent falls?

yes watch where I going,It is getting bit of worry I get bad double vision then fall down...Having bone removed from hand next week not looking forward to that

People in my neighborhood try to avoid hitting squirrels but sometimes the squirrels themselves seem to have a death wish. Just when you think it's safe to go on, they'll turn and run right into the car.

There's a limit to what drivers can do with squirrels, no matter how slowly they drive.

Don't I know it. I always mutter to myself, "Why didn't God make these animals a little bit smarter when he created them ??" I feel the same way about deer, etc. Sometimes it just can't be helped. (My rant was more about that the street I live on, it has become a major thru-way (shortcut) for the entire neighborhood surrounding us, and everybody on the street is mad. It went from some 50 cars a day to 2,500 a day. And the majority, because they don't live on this street, speed like crazy. I don't think it helps the squirrels any. The speed limit is 30, but they easily go 50. I even have drivers honking at me or flashing their lights at me just for trying to get out of my own driveway. Well, guess what? I'm moving in 10 days! No more of that !! :) )

EDIT: "They" means the drivers that go 50 mph, not the squirrels. :lol:

yes watch where I going,It is getting bit of worry I get bad double vision then fall down...Having bone removed from hand next week not looking forward to that
Are there changes in your housing that you could make to make your environment safer? That is, improve the lighting, remove trip hazards, use high contrast colors, don't use scatter rugs, add handrails, use softer flooring materials to soften your falls, etc.?

Breaking your hand and arm is bad enough but I'm concerned that you might break a hip or your neck. :(

That did happen to me once , I stopped for a squirrel to let it cross the road and I thought it was going to keep running the same way and I started to drive again and the squirrel decided to go back the other way and right into my car. :( That was the only time I killed an animal and I felt horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back