best hearing aid batteries

DeafBorg

Reaction score
What is the best HA batteries. I have a digital ha's and the duracell sux. I go through 15 batteries every 2 months.

Now that I will be placing an order to the battery site. I want to know what batteries do you recommend.

What is the best HA batteries. I have a digital ha's and the duracell sux. I go through 15 batteries every 2 months.

Now that I will be placing an order to the battery site. I want to know what batteries do you recommend.

DeafBorg, I would get the trial pack. I ordered it from Microbattery.com They send you 8 different kinds to try and then you can pick which ones you like best. =)

I believe Power One is a very good brand, but I am sure there are many others out there too.

Power One Implant Batteries works quite well for my HA

The fact that you just tell us that you have digital aids tells us nothing. You also don't mention whether you wear one or two aids, so how many batteries you go through in 2 months is meaningless. I tend to agree with you that duracells are much to be desired at least as far as quality is concerned. I seem to come across more bad batteries when I use Duracells then when I use other brands. Keep in mind that the larger the battery the longer they will usually last.
Also how you use you aids along with how often will also be a determining factor. I use Rayovac, but I'm sure there are other brands out there that are less expensive and just as good. If you are using a smaller sized battery and wearing your aids for say 16 hours a day and wearing 2 aids then 16 batteries in 2 months is not unreasonable. Try keeping a flashlight on for 16 hours a day and see how long the batteries last.

I don't have any favorite or best brands. They all pretty much work the same way for me.

I've used Duracell, Energizer, Rayovac, even unknown brands that some stores have or that I got from online.

Batteries vs Time..

I wear Starkey J13 Cierra BTE's that use #13 size batteries. My average wear time is about 12 hours a day. It seems like I change my #13's about every 2 weeks or 170 hours.

Under these circumstances I use 8 batteries every 2 months... give or take a battery. If you're using 15/16 batteries over the same time period then I average half as many as you do.

The batteries I use are iCellTech which cost me 27 cents each.. or $2.16 for that two months. As far as I'm concerned you can't beat them.

Shi-Ku (iCellTech's the way to go.) Chishiki ShiKu.Chishiki@Gmail.com

I only wear 1 aid. I wear my aid from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. It all depends. My aid is normally off for 7 to 10 hours. Maybe off for 12 at the most. I would say 7 hours it would be off 90 percent of the time.

Yes I go through 15 batteries in 2 months sometimes 1.5 months. I had a battery pack that lasted me over 4 months for 6 and for the life of me I can not remember what it was. That was over 5 years ago.

I may just try the trial pack and go from there. Not only that I would like to buy more for better price than paying 16 dollars for 15 batteries every 2 months. That is a lot and been that way for 6 years. Quite honesty it is getting very old quite fast. Lot of times I would have to stop what I was doing at work to change my battery.

I completely agree with DeafBorg when he says, "Duracell sucks." That it does. I often have to use Duracell because they're the only hearing aids sold that are in proximity. Duracell hearing aid batteries are incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes they may last 2-3 days and other times they may last a week or two. My favourite brands are Helix and then another one from Germany that a hearing clinic in town sells.

I finally got the battery pack.

So far 1 of the battery lasted me almost 2 weeks.

I finally got the battery pack.

So far 1 of the battery lasted me almost 2 weeks.
That's usually the average time depending on how often you use it and the sound environment you're in.

If you're in a quiet environment a lot, then your batteries will last longer.

If you're in a loud environment a lot, then your batteries will last shorter.

[FONT=&quot]I think, Zinc is the best hearing battery. Because this is the powerful and long life.[/FONT]

I use Rayovac or Power One 675 batteries which last between two and three weeks in HAs worn 16 or more hours a day. I believe smaller batteries, such as 13 etc., tend to not last as long.

try using a mercury free battery, Powerone has batteries that are mercury free :)
I use size 13s btw.

Back