JobSearch Question

C-NICE

Reaction score
I have just had second interview for an administrative position. The company I applied with is doing a background check on me (At their own expense). Is this a positive sign?

As a teacher, I went through background checks with each of my jobs.

Yes, they did a background check on me whatever I apply for the position.

Background checks are normal. Sometimes it's not done until they make a job offer, and you accept. Then the job offer is contingent on you passing the background check and drug test.

Ditto with the above. Sometimes if the job is related to a high level or government job I think they do the background check whether or not you are offered the job. In my experience they've always done it after offering and my accepting the position. I think with the one job I had in Denver the background check was done during the interview process. Government related the paper work is.. LONG- I remember filling it out lol.

If they're doing a background check, it's always a positive sign. It's very expensive to do so, and at the federal level, it's not initiated until the applicant agrees to the position. Sometimes you hear from them while still in the midst of the investigation to determine if you're still interested. You're asked that if you change your mind or accept an offer with another office, to let them know immediately....$$$$ So, when it gets to the background checks, it's a good thing.

Laura

Back