least difficult job for a highschool student to acquire/perform?

Feel sure his HS a Guidance Counselor and a Dean of Students.....meanwhile....mow lawns, bag groceries, dishwasher in a Restaurant...wash and detail cars....there are many options out there to make a little pocket $$ until you finish HS, get that Diploma. My 3 boys did all of this while they were in school.

To add on-- if you are struggling to find something that interests you you can also try volunteer options. Won't bring in money but it is a good opportunity to add to your future/current resume as well as learn what you might like to do.

volunteers abroad i sure you have that in States...get sent third world dig sewers etc or focus on education..you say this only job you could do without getting fired hmm

In Canada, it is different than here in USA. I used to live in Canada until I moved back home here in USA. There is no Vocational Rehabilitation in Canada.

Badjanitor, What is your favorite skill (preference) that you can do whether at home or at high school? You can try going to the Canadian Hearing Society and they might help you going to college when you finished high school. That is the only place where Canadian Hearing Society have.

Where are you from like Toronto or Montreal or Vancouver or Galgary? :hmm:

Yes there is VR in Canada. My Canadian friends at Gallaudet told me their version of VR is excellent.....

Yes there is VR in Canada. My Canadian friends at Gallaudet told me their version of VR is excellent.....

Really, I did not know that. You mean Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) services. I don't think Sudbury don't have it but maybe big cities like Toronto and/or Ottawa might have them. I am not aware of it. Ontario is where I used to lived in.

I wonder where drphil is? He might be able to help badjanitor to finding a way to get help for work training or college where he can learn a skill or trade before he could get a job. badjanitor mentioned that he want to be a doctor someday. Drphil is from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I think Ontario had something similar to DVR/VR or at least in the 80s/90s they did. My friend from Gallaudet was (still is) from Ontario and I distinctly remember she mentioned that her tuition etc was paid for by their version of VR but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what it was called.

What skills should I learn and how do I go about learning them? I wanna be a doctor. I want to work so I can pay for tuition or at least better manage debt.
What jobs are in demand there, thats what you shoot to train for..
oil rigs, conservationist, police academy, fire department...ext...

If you are getting fired, it's more of a social issue than a skill issue. You need to show up on time and do your work. Work is not a social event.

If you are getting let go, then it is probably a skill issue.

At this point in your life, you should be just finding out what you want to do. Don't think of the jobs you get as a career, try a few jobs and see if you like what you are doing. And, don't think you can't leave a job if you don't like it. On the lower end of the wadge spectrum, jobs are a dime a dozen.

diehardbiker said:
Who told you this myth?

Foxrac said:
Originally Posted by Foxrac View Post
You aren't qualify for SSI until you are 18.

Moot point as the OP is from Canada. From reading the SSI eligibility it doesn't look like you can get SSI under age 18 unless the parent is getting the SSI or has income fitting what it says in their deeming table (see: linky. SSI Survivor's benefits is different but I think Foxrac was talking about straight SSI.

Way too many rules/'exceptions' lol

If a person worked in USA (outside of Canada) or have a spouse (born in USA) could have SSDI or SSI from USA. I am trying to remembered about disability insurance that would help him or her to live on the income/fund to survive. I came to Canada from USA and I had SSDI while living in Ontario, Canada. My deceased husband later on had disability insurance to survive on, even he had very little fund. Our funds help us survive what we could afford as long as we are not out homeless. The Native Band Office sometime help us a little bit including to pay for his funeral and to get ASL interpreters for the Wake including the Catholic Church. I am still on SSDI or now I am on retirement fund as I am 69 years old. :hmm:

kids with disabilities can get SSI whether or not their parents get SSI.
Some Deaf parents coached their deaf kids before going to the SSA office. cultural thing

Moot point as the OP is from Canada. From reading the SSI eligibility it doesn't look like you can get SSI under age 18 unless the parent is getting the SSI or has income fitting what it says in their deeming table (see: linky. SSI Survivor's benefits is different but I think Foxrac was talking about straight SSI.

Way too many rules/'exceptions' lol

Back