Women are Better Drivers Than Men: Study

I haven't read the link but women are not actually better drivers because some of them do the make-up while driving. Danger, danger!

BTW, as for car resale, I notice their cars are very clean and well-maintained. I suggest my son to buy an used car from a female owner. LOL

I didn't look at the link, but it probably shows statistics... and someone please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can argue with numbers. :)

Just check insurance rates between an 18 year old male VS an 18 year old female. Male drivers at certain ages just have more tickets and accidents.

Just check insurance rates between an 18 year old male VS an 18 year old female. Male drivers at certain ages just have more tickets and accidents.
My 20 yrs old daughter and I went to AAA office to get a quote for her. The quote was $3,000 per year. Screw that so online I decided to add her car to my policy without her name as a driver. That's what her friend's parents (in my neighborhood) suggested as they did the same.

As for young male drivers, I am sure a rate is much higher than $3,000 per year.

My 20 yrs old daughter and I went to AAA office to get a quote for her. The quote was $3,000 per year. Screw that so online I decided to add her car to my policy without her name as a driver. That's what her friend's parents (in my neighborhood) suggested as they did the same.

As for young male drivers, I am sure a rate is much higher than $3,000 per year.

In my state California, if your young drivers take a driving safety class it will lower your insurance premiums a lot. When our girls were 18 we paid approximately $1000 per year. We have AAA so we got the family discount.

Womens day and womens suffragette year and these questions are still asked..Women can have problem reverse parking but only a few on the whole women make up for it by driving properly within the law less likely have accident and what a shock they even drive BIG lorries trucks on dangerous Alskan roads

Actually... I might be shooting myself in the foot by posting this... but this may be contributing to the statistics since I just remembered...

Women usually have a better chance of getting out of speeding tickets than men. I've been pulled over probably about... 5 times in my life for speeding. And I can remember at least three times I was let go. One of which I was travelling 65 mph in a 45 mph zone. And damn that cop was HOT.

In my state California, if your young drivers take a driving safety class it will lower your insurance premiums a lot. When our girls were 18 we paid approximately $1000 per year. We have AAA so we got the family discount.
We also reside in So. California. Yes, I have a multi-car discount through AAA. Interestingly, the rep at AAA office didn't mention about driver safety classes for young drivers in order to get a lower premium. :hmm: All she (the rep) said was "Wow, that's a lot of money" after she got info from the computer. She knew that we won't take it so she suggested us to try another ins company. Then my daughter called her friend of the same age and the mother of her friend explained to my daughter that she doesn't include her daughter's name but includes her daughter's car in her policy. My daughter's other friend has the same situation so her friend's name is not included in her mother's policy as well.

What's a family discount? I doubt that AAA offers that in insurance policies. All I know is that AAA offers a discount for a family member to join my AAA membership which has nothing to do with insurance premiums.

http://www.calif.aaa.com/home/insurance/get-insurance/auto-insurance.html

auto-insurance.html

We also reside in So. California. Yes, I have a multi-car discount through AAA. Interestingly, the rep at AAA office didn't mention about driver safety classes for young drivers in order to get a lower premium. :hmm: All she (the rep) said was "Wow, that's a lot of money" after she got info from the computer. She knew that we won't take it so she suggested us to try another ins company. Then my daughter called her friend of the same age and the mother of her friend explained to my daughter that she doesn't include her daughter's name but includes her daughter's car in her policy. My daughter's other friend has the same situation so her friend's name is not included in her mother's policy as well.

What's a family discount? I doubt that AAA offers that in insurance policies. All I know is that AAA offers a discount for a family member to join my AAA membership which has nothing to do with insurance premiums.

http://www.calif.aaa.com/home/insurance/get-insurance/auto-insurance.html

auto-insurance.html

So the discounts we get with AAA.....1) multi policy discount..5 cars, boat, house.
2) Good student discount for our girls must be B average or better and be a full time student in high school or college. 3) on line paid ($60) drivers safety class we did this about 7 years ago. 4) good driver discount (3 years no tickets or accidents)

Also, insurance premium rates can be higher in different zip codes

I didn't look at the link, but it probably shows statistics... and someone please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can argue with numbers. :)

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Benjamin Disraeli.

Problem with statistics is the meaning changes depending on what context you put them in. You could say that anxiety disorders are 10 times higher in the US vs another poorer country and you might wonder what makes the US more anxious. Then add that anxiety disorders are not diagnosed in the poor country and it changes the meaning of the number.

Check your policy because if your daughter is the driver and is involved in an accident they will only pay the minimum. A friend found this out the hard way. Also try another insurance company, I found AAA to be one of the highest.

Check your policy because if your daughter is the driver and is involved in an accident they will only pay the minimum. A friend found this out the hard way. Also try another insurance company, I found AAA to be one of the highest.
First of all, I will email a question to AAA about a car accident supposedly caused by someone like my brother who borrowed my car. I will wait and see what they respond.

Last of all, I have to be honest with you while I don't have to. Anyway I had three car accidents (one with old car and two with new car) within 4 years which was why Mercury ins company terminated my policy with them after they paid for the repairs on the new car 4 years ago. So I was forced to find another ins company since I still had a car loan with my credit union, I compared at least 10 companies online.

I got the lowest quote ($1,900/yr) from AAA (quotes from Geico, Progressive, Nationwide, State Farm, Farmer Insurance, Liberty Mutual, etc were between $3,000 and $4500/yr). My renewal (for 2007 Scion tC) this April costs me only $650/yr with AAA. You said AAA is one of the highest? :hmm:

Every time I've gotten insurance they have asked for a list of drivers in the hosehold. Any driver under 18 regardless of being put on the policy or not made the premium go up because they know they are likely to be driving the car. Gettin them a car and not putting them on insurance is asking for trouble.

So the discounts we get with AAA.....1) multi policy discount..5 cars, boat, house.
2) Good student discount for our girls must be B average or better and be a full time student in high school or college. 3) on line paid ($60) drivers safety class we did this about 7 years ago. 4) good driver discount (3 years no tickets or accidents)

Also, insurance premium rates can be higher in different zip codes
I am still lost. I googled driver safety courses. They show that those courses are for older drivers who have traffic violations and/or want a lower premium.

From AAA website;

• Driving Course Discount: Save up to 4.7% on completion of an approved course7
7Drivesharp program. Must have proof of course completion (sent directly to us). Have 49 or more years of driving experience Have no more than one good driver point during the 36 months immediately preceding the date the discount is added to the policy Have no principally at-fault accidents or citation convictions after the course certification completion date. NOTE: Any traffic conviction or principally at-fault accident occurring after the most recent certification completion date disqualifies a driver from receiving this discount and will cause an existing Driving Course Discount to be eliminated at the next policy renewal.
So AAA will not give a discount for my 20 yrs old daughter since she doesn't have 49 years of driving experience even if she passed driver safety course.

I am still lost. I googled driver safety courses. They show that those courses are for older drivers who have traffic violations and/or want a lower premium.

From AAA website;

So AAA will not give a discount for my 20 yrs old daughter since she doesn't have 49 years of driving experience even if she passed driver safety course.

all state DMVs offer "defensive driving" courses as part of reduction program for insurance and/or violation points

http://www.dgs.ca.gov/orim/Programs/DDTOnlineTraining.aspx

Back