Advertisements in posted threads

Advertisements are showing in the 1st post on each page of every thread, even for those who paid for a premium subscription. This is a recent development, I believe (I usually look at AllDeaf via the app.

Have a good talk with Alex, since your not paying anything for this site, so your pretty much SOL because Alex is the owner and he is the one who is paying for this site and he NEEDS revenue to support this site. Asking everybody isn't going to help you much, sorry.

Good luck VG!

Have a good talk with Alex, since your not paying anything for this site, so your pretty much SOL because Alex is the owner and he is the one who is paying for this site and he NEEDS revenue to support this site. Asking everybody isn't going to help you much, sorry.

Good luck VG!
Some of us did pay for Premium membership.

Advertisements are showing in the 1st post on each page of every thread, even for those who paid for a premium subscription. This is a recent development, I believe (I usually look at AllDeaf via the app.

Yes it is recent. Last week I believe. I can understand it and at least these do not cover any part of a post.

One other forum I use we have been having a battle with ones that show up in the lower right hand corner and cover part of the posts until the X is clicked to dismiss it. There are also highlighted words in the posts on that forum that pop up ads if you happen to run you mouse over them. Those within posts do close on their own after a bit. To the owners credit after a number of complaints he has asked for full size screen shots to be emailed to him for him to look into this.

I am not a subscriber and I don't see any ads. How are you accessing the forum VG? I am on my PC (easiest for me)- but I do use a certain plugin for FF (sorry Alex...).

It may be because of different platforms- desktop vs mobile/tablet...

* for some reason ad*block was censored out..

When you create your new thread, your first post WILL have the ads inserted. Its been like that for years.

I am not a subscriber and I don't see any ads. How are you accessing the forum VG? I am on my PC (easiest for me)- but I do use a certain plugin for FF (sorry Alex...).

It may be because of different platforms- desktop vs mobile/tablet...

* for some reason ad*block was censored out..

It's not a question of not having the advertisements. It's a question of where the advertisements are located.

I would also argue that putting it inside a post isn't effective because not all posts get read.

Beyond that, what is the site going to do if the advertiser doesn't feel like paying? Is the site going to modify or delete all the old posts? Is it going to give the advertiser free advertising?

Mixing content with advertising is risky at best.

My guess? I think the forum upgrade is costing more to run these days. Just a thought, but I have seen an increased amount of advertising on here. That leads me to think the upgraded software might be costing more to run, maybe?

Well, they seem to be gone now. I don't see them in the first post.

This is what I see:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 11.35.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-16 at 11.35.13 PM.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 13
When you create your new thread, your first post WILL have the ads inserted. Its been like that for years.
When you are logged out and viewed the forum as a lurker, these ads will appear, but as a premium member of this forum, these advertisements doesn't show. People need money to service the servers to keep this forum running, and has been for more than 10 years.

Back