Where are you having Thanksgiving?

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
Tomorrow I am leaving for a LONG drive to Texas to spend Thanksgiving with my family down there. I have 2 sets of aunts and uncles down there and a bunch of cousins I haven't seen in a very long time. AND some second cousins I have never seen before! Definitely looking forward to the almost 80 degree weather we will have while we are down there!!! Will be gone for a week!

Where will all of you be spending Thanksgiving and with who?!

: O LUCKY! I'm stuck all the way up here in this cold weather. It snowed like last week! That doesn't normally happen in November! Not here, anyways...

I'm not sure where I'll be going but I think I'm going to go to my grandparent's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with the rest of my family who'll be able to come. If I end up not going to my grandparent's house, I'll be going to one of my aunt and uncle's house for sure.

: O LUCKY! I'm stuck all the way up here in this cold weather. It snowed like last week! That doesn't normally happen in November! Not here, anyways...

I'm not sure where I'll be going but I think I'm going to go to my grandparent's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with the rest of my family who'll be able to come. If I end up not going to my grandparent's house, I'll be going to one of my aunt and uncle's house for sure.

Welcome to AD btw :) Did you post in the introduce yourself thread? Yeah its cold up here in Iowa so it will be nice to get out since its getting colder here! :wave:

Leaving Sat by train to go to my daughter's (and SIL) for Thanksgiving in Utah. Will be taking 3 trains & 3 days to get there. I've never been out west, so this is going to be a fun adventure for my youngest daughter and I.
Have no clue as to what we'll have to eat, but I'm sure she'll have mashed potatoes for me (and probably Turkey). I'll proabably end up having to make the potatoes since they like my simple recipe.

Leaving Sat by train to go to my daughter's (and SIL) for Thanksgiving in Utah. Will be taking 3 trains & 3 days to get there. I've never been out west, so this is going to be a fun adventure for my youngest daughter and I.
Have no clue as to what we'll have to eat, but I'm sure she'll have mashed potatoes for me (and probably Turkey). I'll proabably end up having to make the potatoes since they like my simple recipe.

Oh wow! How exciting! That should be fun! I have only been to Las Vegas out west but 2 weeks after I get home from Texas I will be going to AZ then NV! Have a great time!

My Fincee' and my Parents along with me are having thanksgiving in Mexico!

Tradictionally my family goes to Mexico for thanksgiving... has been going there since 2001.

But this is my first time to go since 2004.... I've been extrememly busy with my son that I wasn't able to go few times. But now my Ex will have my son on Thanksgiving... so I can go this year!

I'm so freakin Excited, I can't wait!

Welcome to AD btw :) Did you post in the introduce yourself thread? Yeah its cold up here in Iowa so it will be nice to get out since its getting colder here! :wave:

I feel like I know this reply stuff already. Is that bad? I mean I've spent years on Gaia doing lots of codes. O - O I have not introduced myself yet but will do so today. L :

You coming to see me!!!! How exciting. Today Houston is clear and 76/48
Tomorrow...clear and 77/40
Seven day forecast says next Thursday will be clear and 81/60 ( we hare having a Macy's Parade, so giving folks a foresight)

We will be staying home this year (northwest Indiana), everyone is coming to our house. Not too big of a crowd; hubby's 2 brothers (from Chicago suburbs), my sister and her husband (also northwest Indiana). Hubby will make most of the traditional foods, I'll make the vegetarian main dish(es) and probably desserts.

My girlfriend and I will be spending Thanksgivings with my family. We'll be in Chicago area for the Holidays.

My family and I along with my parents will head out to my sister in laws house. Both side of the family are merging for Thanksgiving this year. :) Awesome, He will be with his Mother and I will be with my parents all in one sitting. Thank Goodness... better than making two trips.

Probably gonna spend thanksgiving at my gf's brothers place not too far from here.

I don't know. I think it will be pretty small this year. No one feels too happy due to my father in law's death.

I'm going to my wife's family for the first time. Usually always on my family side.

at my grandparent's :) my dad's side of family.. i'm so excited because my grandma cooks the best food

I don't know. I think it will be pretty small this year. No one feels too happy due to my father in law's death.

i'm really sorry about that Botts... my heart goes out to you. i hope you have a nice thanksgiving

I'm going to my momma's! then the day after Thanksgiving, it's her birthday!

We will be here at home with just us. For the past 13-14 years in Missouri, I always did the cooking and my brother and his family came. Before that, MIL's mother always had all the family from her side at her house and that was a crowd of over 100 people. 4 turkeys, 6 hams, 4 buckets of KFC and then we all brought a side and a dessert.

Back