New blood test will tell how long you live.

Hell no. I don't want to find out.

On the other note, I don't think it will be accurate enough. It only counts without cancer, infectious diseases, etc. I don't think that can be predicted that wasn't in the genetics or something like that.

Sounds like the movie Gattaca. Although I have very little faith in this sort of science.

*reads* Hmm... Interesting. But I saw a few comments said it is a scam. *raises an eybrow*

It look like I'm only one who actually want to know how long I will live. Ah, well. :P

Also won't include car accidents or etc. That would be impossible to predict.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

- Eubie Black, died at 96

Not going to shell $670 even I would know I'd die tomorrow.

But you're still young. I think there would be a market for people in the 60+ range, who might want to know if they are likely to outlive their money, or conversely, if they should consider spending it sooner rather than later.

It's still just a prediction, not an absolute certainty, anyway. I wouldn't mind doing it if they got the test price down to around $200 or so.

I wonder if it would really tell you anything you couldn't figure out just looking at your own family, though. If your parents are still alive and healthy and over age 85, count your blessings. If they both died of heart attacks in their mid-50's, you better cut down on your intake of McDonald's burgers and fries.

I don't want to know... To know would cause lot of stress, to know when my time has come... that would not be something I'd want to deal with. I rather not know, enjoy my life.... for centuries, they don't know when their time has come and they were just fine.

That would be a waste of money only to find out that you would bite the dust within 24 hours.
Yeah excatly.
All you need is common sense to look after yourself.
A lot of people who knows how has different various of secrets to longevity.

Back